Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options
    5.3 along the Gosport shoreline and through Gosport park. Another late afternoon run catching the last of the afternoon sunshine image
    Nice and slowish after a long day painting doors!

Back to work tomorrow and stressful running!!!!

Jonny
  • Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭
    Mornign MLRers ...11.6 miles for me this morning. Nice and easy at 9:06 m/m and 62% wHR. image
  • Options
    Two runs to report. An easy 5 miles yesterday on the treadmill followed by weights. Then out at 5.50 this morning for an easy pace 8 miles in 1h06. Much better weather this morning with the cold wind gone. Felt a niggle in my calf but it wore off and does not seem to be anything to worry about. I have 4 miles at jog pace tomorrow and then Pennine 10K on Sunday. It may be my only chance to run it as I am likely to join the club who organise it soon. There is a clue about the course in the title! I don't envisage a PB but it may help me secure one at Sheffield HM a week later image. Have a great weekend everyone.
  • Options

some good running there folks, think for a lot of people the goal is within reach! 

away on a course again but have worked out a decent route near the hotel now which takes me up a couple of steep hills then drops me down very sharply. nice open grassland with some buzzards and a deer coming out to watch me this morning. Chilly in the wind, went out in t-shirt and short leggings, and felt the cold when I got back! Hard run again, have not run since Sunday as I've felt run down and stiff all week. Think I went out too fast, but I've done that before and not suffered for it the way I did this morning. Yesterday was my day off and took the chance to catch up on my sleep (12 hours in one sitting!) so was expecting to feel better today. Having said that I feel fine now. Have another 10K race on Sunday which is very local to me but I suspect it is mostly club runners so think I will be very much at the back of the pack, hoping to feel more with it then otherwise they will be waiting a long while for me to finish!

5.8m in 54.57

• Options

Looks like there has been some pretty impressive running going on out there.  I was down at club on Tuesday night and it was the first of the seasons sessions on the school field - yuk, we all hate them!  It was very cold and felt like it was blowing a gale straight off the sea and over the field.  3 laps of the track for a warm up then the real work started.  Using the inside lane of the track we did our first lap with 200m recovery before moving out a lane and doing another lap.  We did this until we had worked our way through all 8 lanes so each lane was slightly longer than the last.  All laps were well under the 7min/mile pace.  Finished off with 2 laps of gentle recovery.  Really glad to finish that session as it was hard work.

This morning I did my 3rd Parkrun - really enjoying these runs.  9am start so you get your run out of the way early on then you have the rest of the day to enjoy knowing you have done your run for the day.  More runners are starting to turn up each week now especially as the weather is warming up nicely.  Official results not out yet but I know I finished 12th overall but today I managed to finish 1st lady in a new course PB for me of 22.19.  Great run and pleased that each week my time has improved.  7.03 pace today.image

• Options

Well done, Short Stop for the impressive PB!

I made my way this morning to Boxhill to get a feel of the terrains as running a HM there in June. It was a warm sunny morning and there were many cyclists and walkers about. Didn't have a clue where to run so followed a family of walkers and found this single track trail so followed it for mile & a half before turning back as I'm not very good with navigation and didn't feel like getting lost today!  There was a very gradual slope going up that dragged on a bit and that was hard work.  Some bits of the track was on the edge of a steep drop and that was a bit scary as I'm not good with heights eitherimage Will be going back to explore more of the terrain in the coming weeks.

This afternoon did a second run on the pavements - fairly brisk pace in the warm sunshine, clocking 6.69miles in 50mins.

• Options
    Great running everyone and a big well done to Short Stop ....... leader of the pack image

13 for me today across country covering areas in Funtley, Knowle, Wickham and 100 acres..... I'm not generally an off road runner but I really enjoyed the run, the scenery and the morning sunshine. The run along the old railway line is always a good one and I love that avenue feeling ...........
    A week of winding down now and a pootle around the Sheffield Half next Sunday after watching football next Saturday. Up the Blades image

Yeah right! Bring on the hills image
  • Options

Up and out this morning with the dog before setting off for a run just after 8.30am.  Hubby decided to keep me company on his bike this morning.  It was nice and bright this morning and there were plenty of cyclists out and about and a couple of other runners too.  Did a nice big loop this morning on all the back roads with some nice undulating bits to make me work hard too.  I love running along the country lanes as you see so much more than if you were speeding past in the car.  Total distance this morning was 8.3 miles in a time of 67mins and 32 secs - av pace of 8.07min/miles.  

• Options

Rampton 10K this morning, only three miles down the road so couldn't get more handy if i tried. Having said that the course went away from home onto mostly unfamiliar roads so having been prepared for the shortish steep hill towards the end, I was completely taken by surprise by the long slow hill that took up most of the middle of the race. Will admit to walking some of it, but the steeper hill at the end turned out to be easier than i remembered. Small field, was indeed mostly club runners but they were not stood round waiting for me at the end, there were a handful of folk behind me. Warm day out there too, good to be so close to home afterwards.

10K in 57.19

• Options
    3 1/2 miles in 30 minutes -good for me given I have COPDimage
  • Options
    Hoose-Goer, that certainly is Buddy image
  • Options

Pennine 10K

A lovely spring morning for a race that was postponed in January due to snow. A local race for me and organised by Halifax Harriers. I started off steady and the first half was mostly flat and downhill. I did the first half in 20 minutes but I knew what was to come! There was a steep climb followed by a lengthy steady incline. I was blowing hard for a while but managed to keep pushing myself. I finished the last 2 miles quite strong and continued to catch and overtake others. Finished with a time of 41:12 which is only a little down on my PB of 40:44, achieved on a very flat course. I am therefore very pleased and aiming to go under 40 minutes in June. Just need to find a flat 10K now. Well done everyone on their running this weekend. Roll on Sheffield next week image

• Options
    Great running JFP. Pity you're not down my neck of the woods. There are 2 very flat 10k races on both of the May Bank Holiday Mondays!
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    sheffield 10k today at Don valley in 41 mins and it was so hot in the race
  • Options

Went to check out Boxhill yesterday morning and managed a 3.09miles - turned back after 1.5miles as didn't want to get lost, knowing my navigational skills!image  It was nice out there and I was the only jogger - there were several walkers and lots of cyclists on the Zig Zag Road.  The drive back down the hill was more scary than the run itself despite some bits with single track right at the edge of steep slope.  Will be going again and really wish there's someone who can show me a good running route there.  Later in the afternoon went out for some pavement pounding - clocked 6.69 in 50mins.

A beautiful sunny morning today and got the sunglasses out for the runimage  In fact most of the runners I met along the way were donning sunglasses at 0900hrs in the morning!  The hills were lovely, and you could hear the army training going on - lots of rounds fired, in fact there was heavy artillery training last night!  Did 6x2.5miles today, with warm up & cooldown totalled 17.31miles in 2:45hrs.

• Options

Paris Marathon last week and still feeling the effects but an utterly beautiful morning this morning so couldn't resist a long run.

16.5 miles down by the river at various points near Kingston and Richmond. Only negative was something I'd forgotten about during the dark, cold days of winter...midges. Everywhere.

• Options
    4.5M Fartlek. A Hard session, but I needed it !
  • Options
    Brighton Marathon:

26.2 miles in 3hr50 - very happy with that on my first attempt!!

It was hot on the day which caught quite a few out. Quite a few people I saw in windproof jackets - quite bizarre! Did even splits which I was happy with. Stomach couldn't take any more water or gels at the end which slowed me between 22-25.

Felt quite sorry for those falling by the wayside in the last few miles as I'm sure they'd tried as much as everybody else.

I was being a bit blasé about the length of the marathon before having successfully trained to 22miles, but those extra four miles at race pace certainly take their toll. Going to get another couple of marathons under my belt before thinking about the ultras!!

• Options
    Well done to the racers, great running. GSM I ran my first marathon last year and it is a great feeling to finish and know you've done it image
    Not sure it made me want to run another one though lol
  • Options
    CoxieCoxie ✭✭✭
    Did a leisurely 10 miles in 1hr 45 in prep for the Sheff 1/2.  Really enjoyed it, ran by the side of the River.
  • Options
    Looks like the Sheffield Half is a popular one!
  • Options
    Decided to schedule my only hard session of the week this morning on the treadmill. It is only two days after a hard 10K race but I felt ok and took the risk. After a 0.8 mile warm up I ran 3 intervals of 1 mile at 6:18, with 0.5 mile recovery jogs. Finished with 0.7 mile cool down. Delighted to complete that and I can now look forward to 2 easy runs and 2 days of rest ahead of Sheffield on Sunday. I will find out soon enough if my strategy pays off.
  • Options
    Nice sunny day outside although a fairly strong breeze was blowing. Did 11 laps of the sports field, the last 4 laps included  a 400m sprint each lap and then a final cool down lap - total distance 7.34miles / 60mins.
  • Options
    Painful!

First proper run in 6 months due to injury. It was only 3 miles but I don't think I've felt my lungs burn like that since I was doing cross country at school in the winter.

Anywho, painful but glad I went - had to pop the cherry at some point.
  • Options

Morning all, hope you're all well.

I haven't been able to get on the Forums to share my runs as I'm having yet more trouble with the computer. I despise the thing sometimes!

Anyway, I was out for a while with what felt to be a serious ankle injury after I stumbled on a a pretty poor bit of road surface. The nice lady nurse said it was a type 1 sprain of the something or rather (I can't remember the name) and that the best thing for me to do was to take some R & R.

Everything is back to as it was, if that can ever be defined. I'm running about two hours a day now which is a huge improvement for me. Distance is on the increase as well; last Sunday, I did the equivalent of a half marathon for the first time. Never been so happy to see my bed! I've been incorporating a fair few hills in my routes too. My town is made up of them so it's a bit difficult to actually avoid them.

All is going well for my Dartmoor run in September, so I'm looking forward to it.

• Options

Hi DevonJon - good to hear you're back on your feet!image

I was home early so went to the hilly trail for a little plod around, with a few hill reps thrown in - 75mins/8.69miles clocked. 

• Options

short shuffle round the village this morning. Having had to scrape the ice off the car to take the dogs out for a walk i'd realised the glorious sunshine was in fact an illusion, so dragged out the old fleecy leggings and gloves and was quite happy at that, though i suspect i'd have overheated if it had been a longer run.

3m in 27.42

• Options

A 5M Fartlek session along the banks of the River Clyde.

It was like a millpond. No ripples on the surface. Bit cold, but clear blue skies.

• Options
    Thanks Runnaholic. It's annoying not being able to do what you enjoy. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a week of lazing about but I have to say that I found myself really wanting to get the Asics on and go for a little run just to keep the fitness up.