Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options

Nice running Jon Smith, with and without mature running mate!

Nice going Peanut Butter! Keen to hear how you'll get on in the HM later this year. Keep it up without overdoing it!

me: Promenade 5k in Portsmouth. It's not a target, just a way of sharpening up. 20.58 on my clock. Pleased with that after the 44.26 10k at the weekend. Far removed from my best but we're going upwards and onwards from here!

Happy running people

• Options

Just started to get back in to running after a year off after running the London Marathon 2009 so been a tad out of sorts since then! managed 5.3 miles Sunday just gone 38:43 minutes 7.2 m/m so happy with that. I was averaging 6.7 m/m last year so a bit of work to do yet. 

Looking through this thread some good running going on guys.

WS

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

10.25 miles for me today at 8:49 m/m, 64% wHR. I felt nice and relaxed compared with this run in previous weeks, probably as a result of running a recovery yesterday instead of the usual hard session. Will probably run a short one tomorrow and then do the Meanwood Valley Trail race on Saturday.

• Options
    Last night was race number 1(of 4) of the Bitton Road Runners 5k summer series.

24:35 was my gun time and a PB by 2 full minutes!

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭
    well done Tome ... game on for races 2-4. image
  • Options
    I doubt I can keep up that kind of improvement all summer unfortunately image

(...and I'm fookin shattered today!)
  • Options
    First run since my 13 miles on Sunday. Today was about me having a gentle run without keeping an eye on my pace etc. Just a run in the sun to appreciate what's around me.

Decided to go for two to three miles. Ran alongside a canal that's very near me and it was just great. The sun was out and wasn't too hot, and before I knew it I'd done seven miles at a comfortable pace.

Made a change not to be keeping an eye on pace, HRT and time.

Lovely!!
  • Options

nice run in the evening sun tonight, just the right temperature for a potter. Had a medical yesterday and got told i had a runner's heart rate which i was most chuffed with!

6m in 56.40

• Options

Back from a nice run this evening- gorgeous weather....sunny but not too hot. Niggling ankle pain but thinking about other things soon made it fade away.image

5 miles @ 8'21

• Options
    Thanks Dutch F and well done to you and Tom Tom for your race times, especially since we seem to have found the windy season! It's good to see so many on here up for a challenge.

Another training run for me today. I was going to give it a miss today but a pre lunch meeting and a heated encounter with a colleague pissed me off so out I went to take in a bit of fresh air and sunshine.

5.65 miles in 36m 36s
  • Options

4M and flowed along easily !

Never ran yesterday as my legs were tight and stiff.

This mornings run was meant to be 'an easy one' and I started off cautiously, but within 400m or so, I knew I was running without any effort ! So I just ran as I felt.

Don't ask me why i've had these two opposites yesterday and to-day...

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

3.5 miles easy run ... 8:25 m/m, 65% wHR. Hopefully have something in my legs for the Meanwood valley trail race tomorrow.image

• Options

Hi folks,

nothing yesterday,

but today a delightful stroll on the Meon Valley Line (old railway line) through rural Hampshire.

From West Meon southwards and back. 6.6M altogether at 8 minute miling roughly. Beautiful.

• Options

Oh meant to say, good luck to Dr Dan and all racers at the weekend!

• Options

Trail-road mix this morning, passed a group of marching soldiers on the trail - waved and said 'good morning' but they did not respond and just carried on marching!image  Maybe they're not allowed to be social while training??

60mins / 6.39miles

• Options
    Second run on my program today. 3 minutes running, 1 minute walking. Covered approximately 2.68 miles in 24 minutes. Working out a 9 minute miles so far I think. Not sure what the average is. I felt good when I came back and I'm now looking forward to a rest day tomorrow, and a a nice 5 minute run, 2 minute walk x4 on Sunday.
  • Options

Steady 8.7M, in about 8.25m/M. Pleasant!

• Options

A contrast in weather yesterday & today!

8.93miles / 1:20 yesterday, running back from the local parkrun (about 5.5miles way), made the loop to the high street to get the papers and then back home, a mix of roads & trails. Nice warm sunshine.

13.52miles / 2:00 today, pavement pounding on the local roads in cold drizzles!

• Options

steady slow run this morning, which was easy til the two mile stretch into the howling wind. still it's all character building i'm sure! Cloudy but dry here with odd sunshine poking through, would have been a nice day if not for the gale.

7.1 in 1.10

• Options
    15.54 for me today in 7 46s.

This included some very good hill work on some serious hills, an absolute nutter of an Alsatian (as we fled the scene it proved to be the quickest part of our run image ) and an impromptu stop that proves it's not only bears that do it!

An absolute up and down run if there ever was one image

The sun was out at 0745 and stayed on us until the last few miles when the clouds drew in and it got sodding cold.

Another drink at the end, a mars bar and a long, long soak in the bath has now put the world right now though!

Happy running all

Jonny
  • Options
    Start of my second week of running today. I ran about 3 miles in 28 minutes using the run 5 minutes, walk 2 technique. Found it quite tiring and the walks were very welcome after the 5 minutes of running! Definitely getting into the stride of things now, and really beginning to enjoy my running, looking forward to the rest of the week and, hopefully, the running will become less tiring as my fitness increases.
  • Options

6.57km

Absolutely LOVED it! Nice and breezy with new iPod holder. Heaven.

Makes up the the two muffins I have eaten today!

http://gb.mapometer.com/en/   (Just in case anyone lives in Sidcup and likes a nice short run for a Sunday!)

• Options

Easy or should I say 'cautious' 3 miles this morning, due to having a dodgy stomachimage over the last 24 hours or so !

It's a lovely sunny morning up here in the West of Scotland today. Hope it's the same where-ever you are !

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

I had a blast at the Meanwood Valley Trail on Saturday ...  trails, rocks, roots, pot-holes, fields, oh and a ravine/cliff ... it had it all. I ran it pretty hard at what turned out to be 82% wHR and survived with only one minor fall when the runner in front of me fell. After about a mile I could see a runner 100m in front who always beats me in the local parkrun 5K. So, armed with my new-found marathon stamina, I hunted them down gradually and caught them about half way around. Lots of sharp/steep rocky climbs and descents which were leg-sapping but I was pleased that I seemed to recover quite well and finished with something still in my legs.  86th out of 255 in the end.

Will try to get out for a run at lunchtime. image

• Options
    My last run was shite. I was really looking forward to breaking in my new trainers. At about the 2 mile point I was in a little pain with my right foot. I put it down to new shoes and pushed on for the remaining 3. Been in pain for a few days. Went to Docs and I have a stress fracture. So no running for 4-6 weeks have to don an air cast. Swimming is the only exercise Im aloud to do. I HATE SWIMMING!