compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    steady run as i have chester mararthon on monday
  • Options
    'All the best' Ash 1 for Monday then.
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    thanks not done a marathon since 2006
  • Options
    Another damn hot 6.5km in 40min. Really starting to feel all this hill work is paying off. Included what must be Bristol's steepest urban road St Michael's Hill. Can't be many steeper in the UK image

Good luck Ash!
  • Options

4.5M Easy/Steady. Just recovering from yesterdays Fartlek session. Pleasant and dry, but not as hot up here as the last few days !

Ash 1: No probs.

Tom Tom barrow:There are  a few really steep hills in my old home town of Port Glasgow, as johny fp will tell you image

• Options
    Good luck Ash 1 and Dr Dan image. birkmyre - I lived in Woodhall which of course is almost all knocked down now. I used to run out at Parklea in those days but was not ever a 'serious runner' in my youth. I do remember though almost joining Glenpark but I preferred playing football. I had a pleasant 7 miles this morning at 8.00 pace. Much cooler than the weekend and if the forecast is accurate it will remain so for the next few days. Into the gym tomorrow for a tempo run and weights.
  • Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

Just a sensible 2.4 miles for me today at 8:33 min/mile. Only 6 days to go! image

• Options

I really didn't want to go for a run last night but I said to myself I will walk/turn back if I really hate it and don't feel like carrying on. It worked again! I went for a run at 7.30pm so it was cool and relatively quiet, and it felt PERFECT.

Once I set off, I felt full of energy and wanted to carry on and on and on. Running through the fields and wooden area felt amazing and it was difinitely one of the best runs I had in the past month.

It always works like this, though. I don't feel like going but once I go, I'd have a better run than on any other day when I feel quite keen on running.

• Options
    Ran home from work again 5 1/4 mls 55mins
    Took it really slow and kept under 75% MHR which is harder than it sounds as the first 3mls are uphill aswell as the last 200mtrs which is quite steep.
    Think I'm gonna try a bit of base training image
  • Options

hill reps at lunch for me.  10 reps on a hampshire ocuntry lane, was shaded so thought it would be ok.....how wrong was I ....chuffin hot!!!!

No wildlife today

• Options
    johnfp: That was the flatest part of the Port you used to run in ! My grannie lived in Sunnyside Ave from the  mid 1930s till 1990 ! You're right it is almost all away now.
  • Options

5M Fartlek. Hard !

It was cooler,dry though with no wind

I had an unexpected  running companion for a  bit. A young deer was running only about 10m away from me. It was in a big enclosed field. Then it got fed up at my slow speed and bounded away. The speed it bounded away at was amazing. Usain Bolt eat your heart outimage

• Options

7M Hill repeats.

Felt really strong and really enjoyed the run, felt like I could have gone on forever, the hill repeats were 12 x 30 secs and was really pushing up the hill but felt really good.

Weather was perfect for running last night, warm but with a nice breeze to cool me down.

6m steady tonight.

• Options
    Hi folks. Did a 10k race in an immigration detention and removal centre run by the prison service. It was different! 7 laps around the establishment, lots of twists and turns but good fun. Managed in 44.02. Have to be happy with that, it's quicker than Moors Valley a few weeks ago. Slowly but surely getting stronger...
  • Options

first race of the summer series, wellington 5K this evening. didn't feel like summer after the last few days, raining and a bit chilly. Everyone went haring off at the start, and I'm completely unused to racing over such short distances, however set off happily enough and kept it up, was chasing the bloke 5 yards in front of me most of the time, never caught him but it gave me a target to aim for which must have helped as PB by nearly two mins! Could get to like these short races! Will be interesting to see how the rest of the series goes, now I know I can run at this pace.

5K in 26.35

• Options
    After a couple of rest days since the Green Belt Relay at the weekend, went for a trot up the ridges in the early evening warmth - 4.56miles / 35mins
  • Options
    4M Easy/Steady. A recovery run this morning along the banks of the River Clyde. Dry, mild and not even a ripple on the surface of the Clyde.
  • Options

I did a good tempo session yesterday at the gym. 7 miles in total with 5 miles @ 6:49, followed by weights on chest, back and legs. I was undecided this morning on what to wear as it was 6 degrees outside. Opted for t shirt and found the first 2 miles chilly. After that it was fine and completed 6.3 miles in 48 minutes. Another new route this morning that had a tough 0.5 mile climb. Very enjoyable though. The weather seems to be one extreme or the other recently.

• Options

Went for a run in the morning - after last night's rain, it was fresh and cool outside

6.49miles logged - 55mins

• Options

4 miles ran steadily. Another sunny morning up here. I'm getting used to wearing shorts for my summer morning runs !

• Options

Set my alarm for 5.30 this morning and managed to drag myself out to the hills. It was a glorious sunny morning and there was just one early morning walker about. Decided to follow the single track through the woods - was told there is a track that goes round the military base (abt 6-7miles) & thought this might be it. Unfortunately this wasn't it and I ended at the entrace of the adjacent camp - was almost cursing turning back because there were some pretty steep hills on the route!  Passed the same walker on my way back.

It turned out to be a great morning workout thoughimage 10.73miles / 1:40

• Options

short run round the village on a sunny but cool morning. Due in early and it's been a long week at work, so failed to get out of bed without hitting the snooze button a couple of times. Meant I was short on time so made it a shorter, quicker run than originally planned.

3m in 27.02

• Options
    8M steady.... well, when I say steady I mean slow.....
  • Options
    Bits and bobs for me at the moment ........... got a hamstring thing going on that's pissing me off somewhat. It means I shall not be racing the D Day 10k on Monday image although the course itself is dire and not one I think I'll miss image

Happy running all

Jonny
  • Options

7 miles Steadily for me this morning. 7 miles is  a longer run for me at the moment !

It was dry and a bit cooler, what a contrast to last Saturday !

• Options
    7 miles yesterday followed by 5.7 this morning. Managed to dodge the rain and as a result enjoyed almost perfect conditions. Average pace of 7:34 today which felt good. Planning around 13 miles tomorrow which will bring up 46 miles for the week.
  • Options

Good running everyone.... I thought I dropped in to say I had a great day of running miles too, including the Jura Fell Race in Scotland.  It's such a beautiful country with lots of hills! So if you fancy some miles in Scotland, come join me...image

• Options
    9.25M just under 8m/M. Nice run around Fareham, Wickham and Knowle. Lovely morning.
  • Options

(seems like a good place to put my first post as a long time lurker)

8.11m L(-ish)S(-very!)R minus my usual iPod appendage this morning - which I was a little apprehensive about doing but I actually think I enjoyed my run more without it.  It was an 8m 44sec avg pace, and although slow for me was actually really enjoyable compared to the usual "go and run 5 miles as quick as I can in an attempt to make myself sick" routine.

I think I might actually enjoy my training more now I'm putting some some structure into it.

• Options

been feeling a little nostalgic for the days of living and running in Clumber Park, so when I took the dogs out this morning and was finding the wind hard going while walking them it seemed the perfect excuse to jump in the car and head over there for a nice run mostly in the shelter of the trees. Also a chance to run a more undulating course than the pancake flat country roads by me, which i need to be doing really. Lovely morning once the wind was dulled, ran on mostly quiet trails, though occasionally needed to dodge folk. The miles flew by to be honest, never really looked at my watch, was lovely to run somewhere different (though also so many memories). Best run for ages, reminded me why I do this.

8.25m in 1.19