Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options
    A good tempo run this morning at the gym. 7 miles with 4 miles @ 6:35. Followed with weights. Never my favourite session of the week, especially when it is sunny outside. I felt comfortable and my foot held up well to a good test. 8 miles planned for tomorrow to look forward to image.
  • Options
    Was down the gym and had 10 miles on treadmill in a time of about 1:15, Then did some weights before half hour in the pool, oh and 30 minutes in the sauna as well to unwind.
  • Options
    4.5M Steady this morning and reached top of local hill (well more of  a bump really) as the sun broke through the clouds. Cracking sight and has given me a bit of a  buzz !  Some good training going on art moment.
  • Options

You're regular as clockwork Birkmyre! Nice tempo stuff from Johny as well.

Me: 6.6M, around Knowle and Wickam. Beautiful day in Hampshire.

• Options
    DF: Habit mate, habit ! Been morning running since July 1984. Not every morning mind you !image
  • Options

away on a course again and went out for my usual loop through the countryside round the hotel first thing this morning, started off chilly and foggy but ended up sunny and warm. Hillier than i'm used to round here so happy just to pootle round. aiming to do the same tomorrow morning - have to do something to work off the vast amounts you get fed here!

5.4m in 53m.

• Options
    All the best Dr Dan, forgot to mention that before.
  • Options

Supposed to be tapering this week for this Saturday's half marathon - it's a very hilly one, so I'll be hiking most of itimage

6.72 miles on Tue, 8.62 miles Wed & 7.64 miles today... it'll be a rest day tomorrow.

• Options
    Morning. 5M Fartlek and it was hard.image Warm and dry. No wind again. Great morning for running . All the best runnaholic for your Half Marathon tomorrow.
  • Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

Cheers birkmyre.

Another two days of "cycle commuting plus running 5.6 miles at lunchtime" for me. So, 28 miles of lunchtime running this week to get me back into things ... need a couple of longer runs though, as I've definitely lost quite a bit of aerobic fitness this month.

• Options

Just caught up on the previous posts after wondering what all this 'wishes' to Dr Dan was about - sorry DD, would like to add my best wishes here too...image Looks like you're getting up to speed again very quickly thoughimage

And thanks, birkmire...my first hike of the year! image Saying that, I've just joined the Long Distance Walking Association and will be joining them for a 20mile walk very shortly.  Doing this as part of my ultra training - apparently they go at quite a pace! I may have to jog to keep upimage

• Options
    Was out this morning and notched up 25 miles in a time of 3:42 which is a pb for me for this route so am happy. Was over cast and reasonably cool most of the time but the sun did come out a few times for about half hour a time and that made things more difficult, always seem to struggle when have the sun beating down.
  • Options

Evening folks- thought I'd pop in as gradually getting back to it after my injury earlier this yr. Managed VLM in 4.45 without any lasting damage but have stuck to shorter runs since.

This wk I did Hereford cross country through the lovely Bulmers Orchards but with a few leg sapping hills, was just not able to keep it up for the 2 laps & had a sneaky walk on the last hill.

Club run last night up & down Elan Valley hills as usual, stunning scenary but blimming awful horseflies.

Glad to see you got your SVT sorted DD! 

• Options
    SR: Cracking long run of 25M  today.
  • Options

another hilly run yesterday morning down south, only this time decided to run the loop the other way round, which meant that instead of the long slow hill followed by the steep drop at the halfway point, it was the steep climb followed by the slow descent. Was never going to get up it all in one go so decided to treat it as a hill rep session, ran up it for as long as i could manage, then turned round and walked back down for 30s then had another go at running up it a bit more. Made it up in four goes so fairly happy with that. Long hill at the end of it then hurt, but again made it up in one piece so can't argue. Work BBQ tonight, which means eating my bodyweight in meat. Tomorrow's long run may be fun image

5.8m in 56.18

• Options
    Last night 6km (non timed) in the pissing rain, this morning 10km in 55min in the hot hot heat, but now it looks like rain again image

Nice.
  • Options
    Ten miles along the beach this morning. Nothing fast, just 10 minute miles. Will put my feet up for the rest of the weekend now.
  • Options

Hi folks - good running Solent Runner, 25M just like that! Well done the likes of Hanna, Camlo and Mr Consistency Birkmyre.....

Me: 10.4M in 1h25m. Pleased with that, faster than a LSR, undulating route, and still feeling pretty good at the end.

Workmanlike performance, a bit like the Dutch just now in the World Cup! All ticking over nicely....

• Options

OH MY GOD- just re-read my post from yesterday & realised the word 'injury' had been changed to a link. Thinking I had made a boob I clicked on it & it took me to a claim page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not seen that before.

Anyhoo- good to see you are still running & posting D2D-impressive mileage & racing, just cringed at the thoughts of your olives-YUCK. 

Feeling really stressed earlier so abandoned the children with grandma & went for a steady trot. Felt sluggish & tight until about 4-5 miles when suddenly aches eased so I added a bit to take advantage of the freedom!

9 miles in 1.28

bike-1 (but passed me twice)

barking dogs -3 grrrr nearly wet myself when 1 appeared suddenly & nearly jumped his fence

unicorns-0

• Options

10 miles last night in 1.26. Lovely evening to do it, wanted to add on an extra 3 miles at the end, but my achilles is playing up and had to limp up the final hill! Ice and rest today before crossfit tomorrow.

Going to buy some new Kayanos this afternoon before the VAT goes up

• Options

Completed the Munro half marathon yesterday - they said add 20-30% of your road time to it, and I added nearly 100% to mine! image Still, I finished it in one piece!image

Did a run on the trails earlier to keep the muscles in working order - don't want them cramping up after yesterday's hills and steps. 10.65miles / 1:45

• Options
    5M Fartlek. Legs 'heavy' to sa ythe least. Hard Session ! Beautiful sunrise over Kilpatrick Hills/River Clyde.
  • Options

Morning people

10M into work in 1.19. Easy route, with a few easy down hills early on to get the legs moving.

Lovely morning here in Hampshire.

• Options

well a migraine put paid to any thoughts of running yesterday, but thankfully slept it off and got out today for my long run. hard work, but it was warm out there. pleased to get round really after yesterday.

9.4m in 1.33

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Hello, folks!  Been MOA for a few weeks but still think about the thread.image

Last Wednesday was the 3rd anniversary of me running every day.  For the stattos, that's 1096 days and 6466 miles covered.  Some way to go to catch Ron Hill, PhD but 'tis a start lol.image

0800 Five miles around Crosby Coastal Park on grass, trails & paths - beautiful, fresh morning with a light breeze but really warm as well!

Good luck & good running!image

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

Well done swittle ... great achievement! image

I managed 11+ miles yesterday and 7+ miles today ... 50 miles in the last 9 days, so back on track now after my break. Sill some work to do to recapture May's fitness levels.

p.s. It was VERY HOT today!!!

• Options
    Managed 10 miles in about 1:20, this was on treadmill as was at gym, so also did some weights and had half hour swimming.
  • Options
    Chewie1981Chewie1981 ✭✭✭
    Freckleton half yesterday. New PB of 1.31.22. Pleased with that but a bit disappointed to go so close to but not under 1.30. I think the heat was the major factor.
  • Options
    Holy smokes I've been away for a while, had 4.5 miler the other day in 31:12. Trying to get back into the swing of things.