Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options
    I'm glad to see everyone is still plodding along image I hope you're all enjoying the lovely weather although it isn't really conducive to record times!
    Good running Dan, the heat is always going to make things difficult!

Happy running all

Jonny
  • Options
    Chewie1981Chewie1981 ✭✭✭
    Last night, hilly 9.5 miles at 7.15min/mile. Most enjoyable. image
  • Options
    Was at the gym today so hit the treadmill for 10 miles in about 1:20. Also did some weights and had a swim. Trouble is I seem to have twinged a muscle in my leg which has got me worried as have the New Forest 10 to run on Sunday. Leg sort of feel ok, but have slight limp. Will only cross train for next few days with no running, so hopefully be in top condition come Sunday. Fingers crossed.
  • Options

Fingers crossed for y ou, Solent Runner!

And for Holland taking on Uruguay this evening...

Me: 8M commute home, 8m/M. That's too quick for an easy run, but he, just went with the flow as the legs felt quite lively.

• Options

4.5M Steady this morning. Slept in yesterday. Cracking summers morning too. Great to be up and out.

Cheers Dutch for welcome back. Was rooting for the Netherlands last night mate. Well done to them. Hopefully they 'll win it.

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

Congratulations omn the footy Dutch! image Missed the match so I could get my life together in time to sit down and watch the Tour de France highlights which I'd recorded earlier. I did catch the odd bit as my daughter was watching it.

14 miles for me today ... the middle 12 on the canal with a mile to get there and another to get back. Struggled towards the end despite keeping the pace nice and even ... and I really crawled back during the last uphill mile. Over all it was at 9:30m/m and 128 bpm.

Outward 6 miles    56:31 ... 9:25 m/m @ 127 bpm
    Return 6 miles       56:29 ... 9:25 m/m @ 128 bpm

My plans to run the Eccup 10 mile on Sunday have been changed by family committments, so I'll run the Leeds 5K parkrun on Saturday instead.

• Options
    Anotehr 4.5M and flowed along ! Just seemed to 'click' as soon as I'd gone about 200m and just ran without effort. No rhyme or reason for it.
  • Options

been feeling off it for a couple of days, crampy unhappy guts so not really been inclined to eat as normal. Had a bagel for tea last tnight so thought i'd try and get out this morning. Guts happier, but nothing at all in the tank, took it as easy as I could and was still working hard at slow slow pace. Was starving when I got home, which is never usually the case. Just shows how important fuelling is, lesson well and truly learnt.

4.5m in 45min

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

Variable paced run today with 2.1 miles at a hard pace. I felt stiff from yesterday's long run but was okay once I got moving at pace.

Jog to park 6:31 @ 134 bpm

Lap 1, just over a mile @ 6:59 m/m, 145 bpm (152 max)
    Lap 2, just over a mile @ 8:27 m/m, 135 bpm ... recovery
    Lap 3, just over a mile @ 7:04 m/m, 147 bpm (156 max)

Jog back  @ 136 bpm

4.5 miles in total in 35:17 and 140 bpm

• Options

A run round the town moor this afternoon. 5 miles in 41 mins.

Now I am officially on holiday for 8 weeks, I have no excuse not to get up super early to beat the heat.image

After big problems with new kayanos, I am trying Nike Equalons. Run round the house tonight to practice!image

• Options

hi people,

8m commute  home, 8.40m/M - unexciting stuff. Rest from here until sunday, New Forest 10M. Yippeee!

• Options
    The first 3 runs on here today were all 4.5M image
  • Options

4.5M Fartlek.

Very Hard.Legs are like lead, so probably be doing my 'Douglas Bader' impressions later !

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

imagefeckin' spam! image

Today I popped on my Vibrams for the first time in a while and did 5.6 miles at 9 m/m, trying to keep the HR low in order to conserve some energy for tomorrow's 5K parkrun.

I feel things are finally starting to click back into place this week after a rubbish 4-5 weeks ... on Wednesday's run it was very easy to keep below 130 bpm which is a good sign for me that May's hard-earned aerobic fitness is being re-activated. Today I managed the same low 127 bpm avHR but was 30 s/m faster than Wednesday, despite more undualtions.

5K race tomorrow ... should be interesting.

• Options

Hate spam.

Admin any chance of a ban for blatant spammers like this !

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Checking in - how are peeps managing in the continuing hot weather?  Missed early session y'day because of late night + v. early morning happenings and felt ropey at 8pm for ten of my 42 minutes of running by the beach & in Crosby Coastal Park.  About 5 miles, give or take.

imageThe Streak continues.... 

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

Always good to see you popping in swittle!image

5K parkrun for me today in Leeds ... 21:07, an annoying 7 seconds from a PB but faster than expected, given the 45:29 in last weeks 10K. Sub 21 will come soon enough!image

• Options

will folk threaten me with harm if i say i'd like it to get a bit cooler now? Ran at 6.30am this morning and it was already 18 degrees, struggled badly in the heat. was a battle to keep going, but i did so. Starting to worry a bit about the Newark  half - doesn't start til 10.30am and if the weather holds i'm stuffed. guess the trick will be to take it easy. Keep thinking I should go out a bit later in the morning to see how I cope, but given how badly i'm coping in the early mornings think that's not going to do me any favours.

6m in 57.30

• Options

Hello peeps.

Ran 13+k in the early evening Dubai heat on Saturday evening. It was hot and sweaty.

Normally, I'm running in/around Manchester but am in Dubai for most of July providing some cover while someone is on holiday. It will be interesting (to me, at least!!) to see how I get on in this heat...

• Options
    alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

5K park run yesterday beat my pb and now at 25.53.  I was happy considering it was so hot at 9am!

Was up early so have done 6.5 miles today.  Wish I had done a bit more but have a busy day!

• Options

Hey folks

Just got back from the New Forest 10M. Lovely course, in warm, but not too warm weather. Went round in 1h11min, and with a negative split. Happy with that, I'm gradually building up strength, and hope to be pulling up trees next season! Small trees, mind..... twigs, actually.

• Options

another run this morning, no long run this week as I'm on call this weekend, so would mean either running long five days apart or trying to fit one in before a full day's work so opted for a lower mileage week. Still warm this morning, but a nice wind to cool me down a bit (and make me work harder!). After yesterday's mess I opted for taking it slow as possible. Think any speed has gone out the window til it cools down again. Still, keeps the miles in the legs!

5m in 50min.

Well done Dutch and alib - nice times for both of you. And Chris, guess the heat here is nothing compared to there. I used to live and run in Hong Kong, so you think i'd be used to the warm, but just so out of the habit.

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Hi, folks.  I'm sure that 20-minute barrier is looking rather nervous too, Dr. Dan - good running! image

Heatwave due to break and I left my last run vay late - after a false start *euphemism for pit stop* I ended up running 5.8 steady & comfortable miles which helped me sort out some personal stuff from he past 10 days image The prom at Crosby was quiet and the Welsh hills as clear to view as at any time recently.  Even the grassy trails were boingy lol

• Options
    Morning. Only 3 Milesand run easily for me this morning. My legs felt tight and I never seemed to waken up or get out of 1st gear. Dry and mild out though. Oh well !
  • Options
    45 mins in the early morning Dubai heat. All done at around 5:30/km pace so nice and easy. Still bloomin' hot though.