Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options

Me too, Birkmyre.

5.4 miles yesterday afternoon.  Felt very sluggish, which was disappointing. Maybe that was down to the red wine consumed the evening before.........?

• Options

swittle - we can't stop the march of time, but we can lay a few ambushes along its path. Well done on the half image

8.7km (44 mins) - recovery run with very tired legs

effort - 6/10

keep up the good running everyoneimage

• Options
    6 & 1/2 miles for me which included some hill intervals in the middle. All done on the treadmill and took a total time of just under one hour.
  • Options

Thanks for your kind comments, cidlad - and for those about the passing years.  I started running at 33 and 2012 is my silver jubilee year image  Had some fantastic experiences & met such a variety of people all drawn together by our sport.

This thread epitomises the running spirit imho - keep running strong!

• Options
    After yesterday's disappointing run I wasn't expecting much this evening, but strangely enough I felt so much better when I set off that I decided on a spot of fartlek! I did 4 miles at 9.38 m/m, which is my best time since spraining my ankle last year. image I shall go to bed tonight feeling like a very happy bunny!!
  • Options
    Bit of a plod for me earlier. Never got going, still heavy legged.
  • Options
    Running more freely this morning: five miles, Blundellsands, down the beach & into Waterloo.  Was howled at by a Bassett hound with the most bloodcurdling bark ever! image
  • Options
    10 miles for me at lunch in 1:22:20, so just under my target 8:15 m/m pace. Was a bit busy down the beach with the children on half term and the mild weather, guess I have got used to pretty much having it to myself along there bar the odd dog walker/runner.
  • Options
    4.6 hilly miles this morning. Great conditions. Slow
  • Options

Tuesday 7.00pm - 14.1km 'speedplay' (65mins)

effort 8/10

legs still tired, but enjoyed the run in a cooling breeze.

keep on meaning to have a rest day, but finding it difficult to resist getting out and running!

keep up the good work everyoneimage

• Options
    Fartleck session at the club. Legs a bit tired after Sunday's efforts.

• Options
    5.25M Steadily run, much better than yesterdays plod. Cold and windy when out.
  • Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    After some really enjoyable runs had a shocker today. Tired, heavy, wheezy. Felt like I'd added 10 stone overnight and forgotten how to put one foot in front of the other. Anyway 6.2miles in 49:30. Maybe went out a bit quick, but that wouldn't really account for how crap I felt. Pleased to have got it out of the way though.
  • Options

Well done Swittle, Squark, Surrey Runner, cidlad and Young Pup. Good on ya JT 141 too, sometimes its just like that.

Tipped the scales at 15 stones 8Lb today which is better than the 17Stones 3 Lb I was after my knee op end of September. Its still hard work but I feel so much better.

3.25 miles off rd after work with Cede the Staffie who had to fend off an attack by another dog (Cede was on lead) as we ran,  thankfully no harm done as all she wants to do is run with me, and Staffies get bad press ! image

Then I had to dodge 2 friendly Spaniels who we often meet as they decided to join us, off road dog hurdling was not what I expected as all three ran in front of me playing then stopping  image. Once clear of nutty dogs I let her off lead and plodded on. About a mile from home I met a neighbour with his young German Shepherd prompting more playing and dog hurdling.

Time not important, Showered and a nice tea of pasta, peppers, onions and mushrooms in creme fresh done by Shortstop. Knee good and feel good, Time to cuddle up with Cede for the evening.image

Keep up the good work everyone, Bobejaan.image

• Options

Bobejaan - Tea sounds deliciousimage

JT141 - that's the difficult one out of the way - it's all good from nowimage

Wed 7.00pm - 10.3km - 48mins (2km warm up / 8km tempo run)

Legs are crying out for a couple of recovery days.

Enjoyable running everyone.

• Options
    6.8 mile club run tonight. Went with the slow group as the only other one was the marathon lot and I didn't have time for the longer run tonight. Nice easy run but not helping me with my efforts to get quicker!
  • Options
    5,5M Fartlek Hard.
  • Options
    11 & 1/2 miles last night on the treadmill in the gym. This included some mile intervals in the middle of session with paces progressing from marathon to 10k, a good session to get out the way and give me confidence for Sundays 10 mile race.
  • Options

Hi everyone, been really bad at posting on here lately!

Marathon training going ok but feeling quite tired and have a few niggles.  I have missed a few of the runs on the training plan unfortunately which I'm not really happy with but worried about injury.  I have ran up to 17 miles so hoping to get up to 18 miles at the weekend.  The weeks have flown by, I cant believe there are only 7 weeks to go!

Solent, glad to see you are building up your miles & training pace again.  Do you plan to do a Marathon this year?  Good Luck for Sunday.

• Options

alib: good to hear from you again, I did wonder where you had got to. Am glad your training is going ok, I'm sure you will enjoy the big day and no matter what time you run it will be a PB as it is your first. Yes I have a few marathons planned, probably to many to be honest as now think I will be running some of them at training pace so as not to over do things, oh well guess they will be good days out.

5 miles at lunch in 39 minutes on the treadmill.

• Options

Good going Solent and Alib.

2.85miles on the treadmill, mixed up the pace to give a 30 min session after 5 mins on the bike to warm up. Missed my little dog image. Left Knee sore too image. Do not usually run in the gym, too hot and a bit hard on the knees but its free and being a tight Yorshireman its hard to turn down image. Cidlad it was a nice tea for sure, tonights offering was spag, onions, peppers, finely chopped leeks, garlic, mushrooms and tomatoes n chillis. Lekker, as read on a cafe sign in York !

keep ya eyes on the prize all those in training for an event, Bobejaan image

• Options
    7.1k, 42 mins, average 5.53 k.m

broke my furthest distance, my fastest pace, and got to 5k in less than 28 mins - chuffed to bits, happy days, spring like weather, felt amazing, I am making progress image

was only supposed to be an easy slowish 6k (after a bad run on Tuesday) I love runs that surprise you like that image
  • Options

well done Ninjablossom - the progress will continueimage

Bobejaan - meat free I notice (fellow vegetarian?)

Solent - good luck on Sunday

5km on the treadmill - set to a slow pace. Recovery taken to the extreme!!

• Options

Evening all

Three days off for me this week ahead of a race this Sunday, so today was my first run of the week, and did a very slow easy 5 mile run as part of my journey into work.

I haven't read back, so apologies if I've missed anything big, but I hope everyone is healthy, enjoying their runnng, etc...

YP

• Options
    7.36 mile club run at 6:50 m/m pace. Taking it easy in preparation for this weekend's half at Wokingham.
  • Options

Some good training going on. Keep it going

4.5M Steadily for me. Not a bad wee run to be honest.

• Options
    4 miles for me last night in 9.47 m/m. The ground was soft but not muddy so was very pleasant to run on. Finished strong and was very pleased with the whole run.
  • Options

It's been a great week for running early weatherwise image I've been drawn to Crosby beach every day, partly because the firm sand helps my muscles & joints.  5 miles before 7am logged and heading for 40 for the week.

Congratulations to all who post here - we run for the love of running!

• Options

Sat 7.30am - 8.8km (44min) in wind and rain. (week total - 69km)

Nice to get the weekend runs in early. Long one tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

• Options

A slow 3 miles for me last night - I could still feel the affects of Thursday's run in my legs. I followed that with some abdominal work - I'm very pleased with my work in that direction too. I haven't got a 6 pack yet (and probably never will image) but the muscles are much sronger now, and I can do exercises I really struggled with a few weeks ago.

Swittle: it must be great running on the beach every day. I usually try to do it when I'm away on holiday, and I just love those quiet early mornings running along a deserted beach. image