Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options

Excellent going Matt.

11 miles with 8x100m strides this morning.  Still blustery but not anything like yesterday.  With dead branches and leaves scattered all over the place this morning, it looked far more an autumn scene than a spring one.

• Options

Last Wednesday's run again (up the A41 turn at the zoo) but extended from 6 miles to 10 km and like Monday's 10k just under 45 mins.  Didn't manage a negative split this week, 1 second slower coming back, can't really blame the wind either as it seemed to be pretty even each way.

6.22 miles @ 7:14 m/m - 44:57.2 image

edit: whatever happened to "Jog Watch"?

Jog Watch - 1image

• Options
    Nessie73Nessie73 ✭✭✭

What is jog watch? Please share image

Me- 10 miles. 7 at a lively pace and mainly in the forest with the club.  Fantastic to have lighter evenings and get back to running in our beloved Epping Forest.  Followed by 3 at an easier pace to get home.  We are off to Mersea island to caravan on Friday morning for the long weekend, where I will attempt to fit in my final 20 mile run before tapering. *If* I can work out a decent route and not get lost :-/

• Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Ah, one from earlier days, Nessie: Jog Watch is the number of runners you've see during your session.image

0640  Still irritatingly windy, so a turn around Crosby Coastal Park, returning by way of the ornamental gardens fronting some superb late Victorian seaside houses, many with balconies.  5.2 miles.  Still in my wrecked shoes.

• Options

Morning

Cold and frosty one here

30mins steady. Off work today. Back in tomorrow - Monday.

Coffee and catch up time

• Options

Jog watch - 2 I think

Pleasant 6 mile recovery run.  A huge difference in weather, calm and cool today with no rain or wind to speak of - finally.  It's still peculiarly autominal looking on the offroad section with dead wood and leaves everywhere and little signs of spring life popping up and out.  Can't be far off now though i'm sure.

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

I see so many runners on Tooting Common I can't really count them all and concentrate on what I'm doing.

Still tired  - sleep has been all over the place and I had a pretty hard day yesterday (deadlifts, a really tough spin class and then Bikram yoga) so I just ambled up to Tooting Common and did 8 x hill sprints up the railway bridge. Garmin reckoned the whole thing was 3 miles but Garmin was lying (for some reason it cut a massive corner off the run. I think it was more like 3.3 - 3.5 miles). It has added extra bits on to my runs before - no idea why it freaks out like that.

Yoga again later to keep my body happy.

Good news was my calves and achilles were pretty quiet. The massage I had on Monday must have done some good.

• Options

Morning cal, good news about your calves.image

• Options
    RusFRusF ✭✭

First proper group run post injury. Just nice to get out and talking. 5.5 miles at 10 minute miles, not having to worry about heart rate and cake afterwards. Back to base training now but was nice to just stretch stuff out

• Options

Great run today, went out for a tempo run with the intention of doing 7 miles but from early on it felt good and quick and I had a feeling that my 10 mile pb was within reach, so I maintained my intended pace and reached 7 miles in a shade under one hour which was my intended target but knowing that my 10 mile pb only required a 9.30/m pace I couldn't resist going for it and although I dropped the pace a bit I still finished in 1.25.37 which is an improvement of 1m40s improvement on what was my longest standing pb.

A great start to the month and I just hope that I can maintain my current good performances for another month to get me through 26.2 miles in Mayimage.

• Options

Nice work Matt image Running a fast 10 miles was my target after getting into running.

Another sub 45 min 10k today.  The intention was to do something akin to speed work/reps.  
    A 6 minute warm up should've lead me into 4 minutes of work and 2 minutes of recovery, but something went wrong early on.
    The first rep didn't seem to last long, somehow I'd started on the wrong beep. So I had a long recovery and then started again.
    Only did 4 instead of the planned 5 or you could say 4 1/2 if you count the first short one or you actually say 4 and two halves, because when I got back to the Mercury I was only 500m short of 10k and had enough time to sneak under 45 minutes again if I pushed hard.

6.22 miles @ 7:10 m/m 44:33.4

• Options

Morning gang

Easy session for me as off to work soon.

Wet here so far today

Have a good Good Friday.

• Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Some rest and then a bit of treadmill hills and pace running yesterday.

Today 8+miles in the rain just under 1hour. Took a while to speed up. Had a haircut and started taking Aloe Vera juice. Seems to be having a positive effect, though I am pissing like a horse - by which I mean pissing a lot, not on all fours in field.
  • Options
    swittleswittle ✭✭✭

JT, I'd best steer clear of that juice - and I shall try to expunge that equine micturition comparison from my recent images!! image

7.30pm and 12 hours' extra rest has given me a lively & pleasurable off-road 10k for the first time in three weeks.  The Streak is unforgiving in this respect: I have to take my existing niggles with me and keep as many as possible in check.

Jog Watch: zero

• Options

Morning

Easy session done as soon off to work with a 9am-8pm today.

Sunny, but cold here so far.

• Options

Ellesmere Port parkrun round 3.

Conditions were worse than last week, it'd be great xc training if the season wasn't overimage

21:53.8 on my watch. A 20 second improvement over last week. Due to the vagueness of the course, I (my Garmin) measured it 0.1km longer this week, so it's actually a better time

Plus warm up/cool down 6.42 miles.
    Cumulative time 49:20.8.
    Average pace 7:41.2m/m.

• Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Parkrun in the forest of dean. Muddy but fun and no chance of a pb...nearer a pw image

• Options
    Dank-artDank-art ✭✭✭
    Muddy and wet 2hr trails and hills today! Calves certainly feeling it, only 27 miles this week, was hoping for 30+
  • Options

Has no one run today?

15 miles done.

Now roast lamb and wine.

• Options
    DeasyDeasy ✭✭✭
    11.75 miles done first thing this morning before breakfast at 8:27m avg,then whole day on my feet walking round the shops,must've been few miles more.

Time for tea!
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

90 mins along by the river....lots of cyclists, too many dogs and not enough runners. Good run though and weather was kind on all fronts

• Options
    Deasy wrote (see)
    11.75 miles done first thing this morning before breakfast at 8:27m avg,then whole day on my feet walking round the shops,must've been few miles more.

Time for tea!

I noticed that lot of the shops where open. I thought Easter Sunday was a closed shop day? 

Where do people get all the money from, let alone the energy?

I run cos its cheap and outside is free.

• Options
    DeasyDeasy ✭✭✭
    I was at the designer outlet and shopping centre in livingston mate,every store was open.

Wasn't all that busy though,most probably at home munching their eggs.
  • Options
    22 miles to complete mara training proper. Taper time.
  • Options
    JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    A quick run this evening 7miles in 49mins. Takes me a while to get going but a good later pace. Beautiful day with a late satsuma orange sun dropping away. In prostate watch, not peeing as much.
  • Options

It's strange how things go, 20 miles last Sunday was pretty easy, hard but good 10 miles on Thursday but then a difficult 6.7 miles yesterday, not sure what the issue was yesterday but I just never really felt like I got going.

Hopefully the next one is a good one, either way it needs to be a long one!

• Options
    Dank-artDank-art ✭✭✭

PompeyMatt - I know that feeling, feels perhaps you mentally prepare more for a longer run, and perhaps take smaller distances with less mental preparation, meaning they can be tough if you're feeling a bit tired or fatigued?

• Options
    DeasyDeasy ✭✭✭
    I did a 8 mile on Thursday Pompeymatt where I felt every step,did a fasted 12 mile first thing yesterday with ease,felt great whole way.

Some days our bodies just react different I think,probably isn't an explanation,just one of those things.

You gain more mental strength from knocking out those runs where you are struggling though IMO..
  • Options

Morning

Dull and dry Easter Monday here

Catch up time

• Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭

Short 30-40 min jog walk as knee playing up. Lovely day for a bank holiday and too good to ruin. Enjoy all