Options

Saturday 14th July

2»

Comments

• Options
    nice one peter, just been up to my knees in it across the fields - at least it isn't cold

NZC and NN - thank you for your encouraging comments. i wondered where you'd got to NZC, hope the worst of the cold is over and you're on top form this week
    NN - i haven't identified a specific target as yet but i'll be disappointed if i don't go below 1.39

M -what a fab time trial! odds on for a whopping pb in the race now

holly - good 5k but that isn't the report we're waiting for, it must be a very long one..

good luck NRG, micksta (X 4) and all racing this weekend

what - 9 miles steady
    why - medium run
    last hard - 2 days
    last rest - 5 days
    lyrics - no, sorry
  • Options
    clink. its quite enjoyable running in the rain when its warm.
  • Options
    SportalooSportaloo ✭✭✭
    Evening

Good luck to all racing this weekend.

PH - Yhanks

n-grb - Remember to pack a burger for the 50K mark.

Pammie - In SA ultra running is what we do,but I am pretty sure I am more suited to 10K and half marathons. Can't see myself doing many more ultras.

What: just over 6 miles
    Why: took a week to fix the schedule which I messed up by getting the dates wrong. All set for Monday.
    Last hard: .......

PS - Enjoying the Tour de France broadcast,today was good and tomorrow promises to be even better.
  • Options
    Allo,

I'm on facebook and will look for the RW group.

Sadly Betty the Kestrel joined the choir invisible in the night and is an ex-kestrel. Paul seems to have moved on (we think he was a slightly older chick from a previous brood and just needed a little help - he ate 14 pieces of pheasant this morning before lunchtime!). Al is in a cardboard box on his way to a hawk sanctuary. We thought he was going to take his final bow this afternoon, but I lured him back from the edge with a tasty live worm and a yummy piece of roadkill pheasant, and he perked right up. The fact that he tried to take my Dad's hand off when he picked him up bodes well for his will to survive!

Holly, I have been living in Plymouth (Scoobyland) but was away last week in Buckfast with the parents and this week at home (still feels like home) with my parents in Lincolnshire. Now I'm in Oxford, heading back to Plymouth on Monday morning for the final pack, back to Oxford on Saturday then Milton Keynes half on Sunday, up to Lincs again to return the car and stay for a few days, then down to Bristol aiport to fly out to Richmond for the year. Phew!

Had a fab run this morning and saw a badger running across the road - lovely to see a live one.

Right, off we go.
  • Options
    Hello all

SAm the Man, I live in the Swansea Valley and it cleared up a treat by about 8 today. Gorgeous day to be out and about!!
  • Options
    Evening peeps, from a sunny and warm West of Scotland.

What:45 mins steady today. Then 3 hrs of 'cross training'.

Well, sort of, as I was fixing the Garden Fence, but I'm not putting it in the diary.

Put off fixing the fence long enough,all of last summer in fact !

Busy on here early this morning wasn't it.

PeterG: Glad you enjoyed your race.

Somebody at work mentioned that it was 22 years ago yesterday, Live Aid took place !

That made me feel old as I remember it well and I loved it.

Have a nice evening peeps.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening

Thanks again for your insights to ultrarunning
    Sporta - i had heard that in South Africa (went and checked it in the bible: The Lore of Running) and Noakes said Tim that is and not John that your running achievements amount to nothing unless you have done the Comrades. Crazy to think but can't help picturing the faces of non running friends and family if you mentioned a race of that distance

Birkmyre - 22 years, oh i feel old all of a sudden. I remember that too and enjoyed it as well. The following year did the 10km race in Hyde Park (Run the World) my first race outside school sports day. It was more an event than a race but remember sting finishing before we could even start

5.2 miles done earlier tried to put in a km rep @ 5k pace after 4 miles legs felt tired and couldn't run faster (HR avg 84% WHR)
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow, especially Hipps and nrg-b.

Good racing, Peter & Hollywood.

Great time trial, M!

Get better soon, NZC.

What: sml track meet
    high, triple, 400mH (awful), 800m (quite decent 2'22,3") steeple chase - a lot better than last time, but still slow), 4x100m, 4x400m (v. pedestrian)
    Why: small club, lots of events to fill and I tend to say 'ahhhh, I'll have a go, why not' rather easily. To be fair you should see the list of events some other clubmates tackled - worth a thud, honest.
    Last rest: yesterday
    Last hard: s/c (no swimming though)

I think this sets me up rather well for my maiden 10k tomorrow, I feel a PW by default coming up rather than a PB ;-)
    Still, we'll have a go (I may need a longish warm-up)
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Good luck nrg b, hippo, others racing

likely to be sailing tomorrow, so no running.

a bit chaotic here.

take care,

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    evening all
    iron mel i love your nature report!
    Blimey M you are flying, the air must suit you there!!
    Poppy, happy belated, sorry I missed it!
    NZC wish you better, what is a large flat white? am I being really thick?
    well run holly!
    PG nice one, sounds fun to me!

What: 3 miles xctry plod with hubby, felt much easier today but I am still puffing when I run, possibly bit iron deficient yet again
    why: finish off week one of dublin schedule
    last hard: this afternoon
    last easy: thurs

enjoyed the mens track and field, at Luton, I didn't have to officiate so I just watched and cheered. Good fun.

Lyrics, have to post now cos I am off to bed soon so I am fresh for London to Southend 7.30 start, 60 miles. They were, and nrg-b I am shocked, 'Keep on Moving' Soul to Soul
    night all, good luck all racers and a special good luck to brg-b, hope you are tucked up now!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    hope you feel properly better soon NZC - lots of people with colds and other horrid stuff down here too.

DD - will you be off to IM Nice with the pirates then?

FL - sounds like a very good night out indeed!

sounds like a nice relaxed BPTT you did there holly!

peter - actually your race does sound like a lot of fun. gald you enjoyed yourself.

sorry to hear about betty the kestrel - hope al likes his new home. sounds like a pretty crazy time you've got coming up there mel. venom and i ran ourselves ragged in the last few weeks before we moved trying to see everyone! good luck with it all.

imski - that sounds like serious hard work! lots of events for one day.

wabo - a flat white is a type of coffee, like a latte only stronger.

good luck to NN, hippo, nrg-b, imski and anyone else racing tomorrow.
  • Options
    Hmmm, can't find the facebook group anywhere.....