Options

You know you're a runner when...

Comments

• Options
    Just like OP when it was raining and the wife asked why I didn't just use the running machine in the garage. I gave pretty much the same answer.

Getting fitted for running shoes.

Getting a stress fracture in my 4th metatarsal and getting worried about not being able to run.
  • Options
    Sudenly after a year of painfull legs and running 4 times a month and not getting fitter,the legs have adapted and now being able to run 4 times a week...2 weeks ago a 43 min 10k and today run a 10 miler with no ill affects....yesss!...
  • Options
    mellifera wrote (see)
    when you forget that to clear your nostrils of snot by using a finger to close one whilst snorting hard down the other is not considered acceptable in the office
    PhilPub wrote (see)

"Another one Phil?" 

"Nah, six is my limit thanks.  I've got a race on Sunday"

"But it's Friday!"

"I know!"

When you haven't seen friends for a few months, and the first thing they ask is what race you're currently training for.

When the first thing you do in the morning is look out the window to see what kind of running weather it's like.

When your girlfriend comments that "all you do is sit on that damn forum!"

You're known by people in your University modules as "that guy who runs" (this is also the same with music & me constantly wearing band t-shirts to lectures)

When you can hold a conversation with biologists about mitochondria.

• Options
    You come on here and see what everybody has been up to before you go to work !
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

when you realise that your job has merely become a means to refuel and recover in between runs.

You go to a wedding and know say 2 people, yet everyone knows you as "the runner"

you spend a big chunk of the week justifying why you run and why you eat as you do.

you find you can chat to anyone about running at any time.

random people ask you for tips and advice!

• Options
    You get up at 6.45 am to run before going to school /college as a 17/18 year old.
  • Options

...when you seem to think that entering hellrunner is a fantastic idea...... image

• Options
    mellifera wrote (see)
    when you forget that to clear your nostrils of snot by using a finger to close one whilst snorting hard down the other is not considered acceptable in the office
    Or go to blow your nose on your posh gloves ... image
  • Options

When you're visiting family or friends and you ask them to wake you up at the crack of dawn so you can run.

When you use copies of your Santa Run pics as Christmas cards

When your postman knows you as "the lady who runs"image

• Options
    You get into 'a long debate'image with a sports shop assistant, when you're buying running shoes.
  • Options
    when you're lying flat out on a local park floor, gasping for breath and neighbours just walk by with a 'Morning, fast one today then!"
  • Options

Ah, not the only one with a kit drawer....

'You know you're a runner when...'

You take off the ipod for races image

• Options
    When you run to meet the Fed Ex Van at the end of the road when he/she comes to dilever your knew running shoes brought on line. Or when you wait in all day in the hope Mr Fed Ex delivery Man comes
  • Options

When you pass up fantastic social events as you have a race the next day and it dose not really bother you ! (  Wouldn't have done that a few years ago)  image.

Also have a kit drawer and a whole special wardrobe space for my trainers (which I keep telling my OH that I need more of as I need dif ones for def distances) .

• Options
    MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭
    When you can easily convert miles into KMs and vice versa.
  • Options
    I like the kit drawer business...image
  • Options

I have a kit drawer...

When you go out during that cold snap earlier in the year to buy trail trainers because your normal road shoes just don't cut it in the snow.

When thinking about what you could do to celebrate your 40th birthday you opt for running your 1st marathon over a cruise or a trip to Disney World...

• Options
    Paul OHPaul OH ✭✭✭

What Sunny2 said about getting t-shirts.  At the last count I had 30 unworn image

More 'you know you're a runner' stuff here:  http://www.athenryac.com/you-know-you039re-runner-when

• Options
    JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭

Some of those are weird Paul OH, i like some of them but some of the ones about weight are odd, I don't want to look like a famine victim and neither do i take it as a compliment when people tell me i'm "so thin", I go and eat more steaks! image

However I have been known to wash my shorts in the shower and my relatives and co-workers do think i'm crazy!

My kit drawer is the tidiest drawer I have !!

• Options

Got to agree with K8greene.

another couple spring to mind, when you think of responses to threads on the rw website forum at work then rush home to respond or when you catch a train, bus or get a neighbour to give you a lift to somewhere so you can run back from 

• Options

I also have a kit drawer, a kit box and a kit corner in the kitchen

However, I reckon having whiplash from falling off my bike or constant black eyes from tripping and falling on my head when running is more indicative that the kit stashes

• Options

I have a kit drawer, but it has hiking gear in it as well. It sort of closes properly if I give it a kick. image

I reckon you know you're a runner when February marks the beginning of "shorts" weather!

• Options
    I too have a kit drawer, sectioned into winter and summer gear!
    Also have a dedicated shoe (trainer) rack.

Sitting here nodding at most of the posts above!

Another couple I thought of:
    Being extremely particular about your pre-race breakfast.
    When you get talked into taking up hill running, find it outrageously tough, and then find yourself turning up to the next one for another round of pain and exhaustion.
  • Options
    Pink shirt, you wear shorts in february, where do you live............Dubai
  • Options
    You also know you've been a runner a long time when the following happens:The shoes/kit you bought in mid 80s as ruuning kit come out as retro fashion wear a second time !image
  • Options
    JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭
    I've got a good one, you know you're a runner when songs on the radio or on your i-pod image remind you of a training run or race
  • Options
    Not quite, Steve - I'm in Bristol. image
  • Options
    When you get your medal for completing an event it is just another one to hang up in the wardrobe with the rest of the collection.
  • Options
    When your 'anxiety' dream has morphed from being about exams or a business meeting to being about turning up at a race without your trainers.
  • Options
    GymAddict: Or even without your shorts !image