Options

Wedensday Session

2»

Comments

• Options
    Did my extended (to 10.2K I guess) West Kirby course - suppressed the HRM alarms and didn't look at the monitor at all on my way round.
    Did 43:09 - first mile about 6:37 pace, the last at a q weary 6:45. Should have gone easier; I've only added about 1km, but I'm not used to running this sort of distance regularly - yet. Mean HR 151
  • Options
    Snicks training for Dublin continues to not happen. On a course to teach Circuits today, so did very easy Circuits class, managed half hour steady to fast run at lunchtime, then we did very basic warm up workshop for a couple of hours. Consoling myself by saying chuck it all together and I've done my Wednesday steady run. But annoyed that I can't get going! Sometimes life gets in the way! Ah well, I'll either hit the wall or get a PB...
  • Options
    Didn't read before posting. Just to say, well done RB, glad your calf is not getting any worse. I'm sure you'll get a pb at Windsor. And you are so kind to train with Mrs RB, you deserve it. Drew and Martin, you are inspirational. I might have to accept that due to single parentdom and work commitments, Dublin might not be my best ever, but I continue to aim for that sub 3:45, and my sub 3:30 by the time I'm 40 (just over five years, in case you were wondering)
  • Options
    Drew, glad to hear you're on top form for Sunday. Best of luck.
    RB, you're getting seriously fast! Sounds like doing some of your training runs at Mrs RB's pace isn't holding you back in terms of progress. Have to ask: are you sure Mrs RB is running for herself or is she doing it because you want her to? Just thinking she's progressed very quickly from no running to regular half marathons, hill reps etc. Perhaps she's doing too much too soon, in which case another 1/2m might feel overwhelming. Feel free to tell me where to go, what do I know, I'm just a girl...
    Marj, don't lose your spirit. Hope tomorrow is a better day.

What: 20 mile bike ride.
    Why: car was in the garage, no courtsey car free and I had 2 hours to kill on Morecambe industrial estate. Obviously had to get the hell out of there!
    Last hard: yesterday's tempo run.
    Last rest: Sat.
  • Options
    Meant to add when PC cut off, my other half is a cyclist and likes to go off for 60 mile + bike rides at top speed. If we go out together I'm quite a bit slower as I like to cycle fairly leisurely, only have an ancient mountain bike and don't seem to have the cycling power required. He recently mumbled about getting me a roadbike to speed me up a bit (any excuse for another bike!), but I'm not interested;one exercise obsession is quite enough. So I know the feeling of being just a tiny bit pressured by your partner. (he isn't impatient, just doesn't quite understand why speeding downhill at 30 miles/hr holds no attraction for me).
  • Options
    Meant to do 7 ended up doing 8 miles, felt good all the way up to the end, maybe something to do with the nice weather-still warm for up here in the Highlands.
    Am going to try and do a long run tomorrow afternoon before going back offshore for a week or so, back to runs at 4am, whoopee!
    Take it easy Gnasher, don,t go too fast. How you managed for a couple of weeks with no runs I don't know, the wife gets annoyed with me moping about and kicks me out of the house for a run after a couple of days.
  • Options
    Hi all, some great training is happening mid-week with some of you!

What: AM - somewhat underwhelming 5 miler - still can't get used to this morning run thing;
    PM - lots of upper body work in the weightroom, then intervals with cruel trainer.

DC