Options

Wednesday 26th March

Morning all

What: 5 this am, then a 3k race tonight. Never done one before so we'll see what happens.

Why: It's a club championship race.
Last hard: Sunday
last rest: Saturday.

Comments

• Options
    Morning all - feelng a bit jelly like after a hard swim session :o)

What : (Swim 60secs on the 50m)
    Why : Edurance Threshold

SET: -
    5 min w/u
    200m in 4 mins + 1x50m in 60secs
    15secs rest
    150m in 3 mins + 2x50m in 60secs/50m
    15secs rest
    100m in 2 mins + 3x50m in 60secs/50m
    15secs rest
    5x50m in 60secs/50m
    5min w/d

IE if the 200 was done in 3:50 this gave me 10 sec rest

This was harder than I expected (probably cos it was only my 3rd swim of the year)

... Make It Count ...

• Options
    WW - that all sounds far too hard. Well done!

What: 45 minutes hilly fartlek
    Why: Need to work on some more speed - getting better but not enough yet.
    Last rest: Thursday

Roll on Friday.
  • Options
    Sounds great WIll - I must get some swimming done while I'm tapering, it seems like a good way to have a tough workout without much impact stress on the old legs :)
  • Options
    Morning.

What: 3 steady miles
    Why: Easy day
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Least Rest: Saturday
  • Options
    Good morning. Another nice one here!

What: Probably treadmill intervals, refuel quickly, BodyPump and a swim. If there's time, I may go out for a little fartlek run this afternoon instead of doing the intervals.
    Why: It's Wednesday.
    Last rest day: Monday.
    Last hard day: Yesterday was fairly hard.
  • Options
    BodBod ✭✭✭
    Vrap - hesitate to ask but what the flip is a Bodypump.

What - Nothing
    Why - Ran last 3 days
    Last rest - Sat
    Last Hard - Last night 12 x 150m hill sesh.
  • Options
    Back at last after a nightmare few days. Why are investment bankers such To**ers? When will they learn that its never big or clever to get less than three hours sleep a night?

Anyway - got the call Sunday afternoon so dashed to Munich (a four hour drive) to do one hours work - thank god I had done a workout Sunday morning or I would have been seriously dischuffed. Two days in Munich and four hour drive last night. Managed to squeeze a session in Monday night in Hotel gym but had an enforced rest Sunday.

Tried to read the race reports this morning but thinks get pushed back so quickly nowadays - had to go to page 9 to find MikeS race report (well done to Mike and to all other racers).

Still not running but generally spending more time working out.

Today: 40 mins turbo trainer plus 15-20 minutes rower.
    Why: Cross trainer extrordinaire
    Last rest: Yesterday

Still no sign of Achilles? Still no KK?

Back to Munich tomorrow so limited opportunity to post - take the tapering easy all those gearing up for London and good luck to weekend racers.
  • Options
    should have read enforced rest Tuesday - still spaced out!
  • Options
    Morning All,

well yesterday turned out to be another rest day, as we got a take away curry to celebrate a small unexpected windfall, so today is...

What : 7 miles fartlek
    Why : Because I missed the speed session last night

Last Hard : Sunday
    Last Rest : Yesterday

Have a good one all.
  • Options
    BodBod ✭✭✭
    MH You're missing out not getting out in Munich. Englsicher Garten and the banks of the Isar have endless paths perfect for running, some lit too!
  • Options
    Glad you're back safely, Martin.

Rubberman, BodyPump is weight training for girlies but is ideal for runners wanting to add some strength training. Each class is an hour of low-weight, high-rep work with barbells, set to music, tightly choreographed, and working all the major muscle groups in a predetermined order.
  • Options
    morning folks

what : rest
    why : on the 4th day thou shall rest or dire things happen to muscles and joints
    last hard : yesterday
    last rest ; Sat

How much do I taper for a 2 mile race this w/e???? :-)
  • Options
    So, like, what you're doing now isn't tapering, Ernie?
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    What: pool exercises and Pilates class, i.e., rest day.
    Why: cause I'm trying to scrape together enough go in my legs to get round 11 miles tomorrow.

In the mean time, I look at my lovely trainers, and have made sure that every single pair of runnable socks is presently in the wash so I can't cheat and go off. Alas with this beautiful weather they'll dry quickly, so maybe I'll have to hand the trainers over to a neighbour for safe keeping.

Got to grasp nettle and attempt the longer distances sometime, somehow.
  • Options
    Morning everyone.

What: 1 hour cycling
    Why: nursing my achilles after yesterday's intervals
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Least Rest: Saturday
  • Options
    Morning!

What: Rest.
    Why: Cold. Better today, though. Much sniffling & blowing, but most of the lung soup's gone.
    Hard: Sunday.
    Rest: Since then.

Might have a light sesh tomorrow, or failing that Friday. Got a Half on Sunday, so it might turn into a whole week off. :-(

Anyway, have fun everyone.
  • Options
    Morning Peeps,

what: 9k steady
    have a lovely day, everyone!
  • Options
    Morning all.

Wow another great day here, and a good session for me this morning.

What: 2000m row with extreamly hard 500m inbetween, then mega session on the bike, 20 minutes of pure pain, covering 16.48km on a hill programme, heartrate going to the 190bpm mark, this was bloody hard work.
    Weight resistance on chest, then 45 minutes of stretching from physio.

Why: Cant run today, so done hard workout to make up for it, and stretches are done everyday and more if possible.

Last Hard: Take a guess!!

Last Rest: Monday

Off to bed now, working tonight.
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

What: 4 miles easy/steady.
    Why: Training plan says so!
    Last hard: Saturday.
    Last rest: Yesterday.

Rubberman, I have done BodyPump once or twice and it's not for the faint-hearted! I consider myself to be pretty fit but it uses completely different muscles from running. Hence after an hour's class at Center Parcs last year I was unable to run (barely able to walk, in fact!) for two or three days as my thigh muscles were wrecked!
  • Options
    Hello Everyone,
    another beautiful day in Notts but no running for me today, I'm taking this tapering lark seriously! Already feels like backing off a bit is working, last nights fartlek session was my best time for the long interval (1.5 - 1.8M) winter workout session all season, so it seems like just stepping back from 22M to 18M last Sunday has restored some of the spring to my step. Can hardly wait to see what happens after cutting back to 13M this Sunday.

What: nowt
    Why: it's taper time
    Last hard run: Tuesday evening
    Last rest day: today

Have fun all.
  • Options
    9 miles on tready

Chafed to bits, but new shoes ok

Then a km swim
  • Options
    Hello All

Lovely 5m easy run this morning. Great to get it out the way before work.

Last Hard:Last night
    Last Rest:Sat

Have Fun
  • Options
    what: rest
    why:chasing round after the Mr yesterday resulted in 3 trips to the hospital across the otherside of town - so was knackered

last hard: yesterday
    las rest: today.

He's home by the way... bit battered and bruised and armed with TV remote, mags, drinks and a loud voice (sigh).
  • Options
    BodBod ✭✭✭
    Minkin, being of the hairier sex (don't know 'bout you) I thought that the bodypump might be for an entirely different muscle ! phnaar! phnaar!
  • Options
    Hellooo!
    What- 12x800m reps
    Why read the wrong week on my schedule, should be 800m reps, never mind.
    Feeling pretty good now I'm off to the allotment, cheerio.
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    what: 7.5 mile tempo run, including 4.3 mile eyeballs out. Started off a bit too fast and did 1st mile in 5:20, suffered a bit after that!
    Why: weekly tempo run
    Last rest day: Monday
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

What:rest
    Why:did 2 sessions yesterday, which were hard but great. Today I'll recover before another hard session tomorrow of 12 miles at marathon pace.
    Last hard:yesterday
    Last rest:today.
  • Options
    Evening all

Stickless - Good luck with your 11 tomorrow

What: 5-6 steady
    Why: Its Wednesday
    Last rest: yesterday

L8r
  • Options
    Evening all

What: 40 mins recovery
    Why: Easy day after yesterday's speed
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Last rest: Monday

My programme for 13 April really does not seem to have a massive amount of tapering and will still leave me around 60miles this week with a long gentle run on Sunday of 18 miles and long midweek run tommorrow of 13 miles. But stood me in good stead until now so will persevere and keep longer sessions very gentle.

Simon
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Evening,
    Martin , not ALL investment bankers are to$$ers, probably just those left with a job after 50,000 job cuts in London/NY :(
    And no , we wern't all on 7 figure salaries....popular myth exagerrated by the media.

Didn't post yesterday but did (approx) 1.5 mile warm up, then 5 * mile fast (6:00-6:10)
    with 2 mins recoveries , mile or so to finish.
    Just under 9 miles in just under 59 minutes
    Today : probably nothing - wife on a jolly up in town so can't get out.
    Might bring the exercise bike in from the garage and do an hour whilst catching up on my OU reading.....

See ya soon