Options

Wednesday 26th March

2»

Comments

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    What OU course are you doing Dustin?

I'm doing Childhood a level 2 course, which is part of the Childhood and Youth Studies Degree. Long way to go yet though, if I get there!!
  • Options
    Update on `What'

The 3k race tonight- I finished 2nd in 10-03. My mate was on my shoulder for 2.9k until a sprint finish. I slowed the pace down on laps 5 and 6 cos I knew I could outsprint him and was not after a particular time as it the first one I've done.

Next time I'll aim for sub 10 mins.

Of course the guy who beat me (in 9-43) is the one who is going to win the club championship if he does all the races.
  • Options
    Well done Barnsley - sounds like a nice bit of variation from the usual. Haven't done a 3K myself now for about 7 years....

Once again a vey nice day - though I didn't have a chance to get out until the sun had just about set.

what: 6.7K fartlek; made an effort over first 3.5K, last 1.9K and about 250m in the middle
    why: legs still rather dead from last night but wanted to do something reasonably demanding without flogging myself to death

last hard day: Tue felt q hard, but Sun was the race day
    last long day: 10 days ago
    last rest day: Sat

day off tomorrow
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    well done Barnsleyrunner! I haven't done a track race since senior school and that was a good while ago!

Mike S-your training seems to be picking back up nicely! A nice day here today too. Very warm for the time of year I think.

My god I can't believe I'm talking about the weather, what next?!
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    BR, great run. That's equivalent to about 16:45 for a 5k. Could you have kept it up for another 2k's? Have your legs recovered after all the mileage you've been doing recently or could you have gone a bit faster?
  • Options
    TreadmillTreadmill ✭✭✭
    Morning all.
    It's 8o/c and my alarm has just gone off.
    Response to barnsleyharrier who beat me tonight at the 3K track championships this evening, who let me know his better half had allowed me an extra 2 hours lie in on Sunday. Thank heavens for the female sex, (and Mother's Day).
    DCD
  • Options
    I think a little faster could have been done, Drew, had it been a bigger race. Don't know about 16:45 5k though - I would like a sub 17:00 at the next one I do. Thanks for doing the Maths!!

Dave, who's this barnsleyharrier??? Get your clock fixed and some beauty sleep! Enjoy the lie in Sunday. Some of us will be up at 5.30am cooking breakfast and watching Scooby Doo.
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    BR, just found out there's a 5k at the track next Wednesday night. Couple of the guys doing it are capable of sub 15 minutes so should be fun. Last one I done had about 30 in it.
  • Options
    Would that be Mark Ruddlestone and Andrew Aked?? We just marvel at them.
  • Options
    TreadmillTreadmill ✭✭✭
    Barnsleyharriers charitably calls me his mate. He knew he could out kick me if we were together with 200 to. My excuse is I put in a decent session last night while he just sauntered along on an easy club run. That's my excuse anyway, (even if I do realise he's fit and fast and has timed the build up to the FLM to perfection
    DCD
  • Options
    Go to bed Dave - you need your sleep!
  • Options
    Evening gang,

Rushed off my feet with work this week so just having a quick peep at the training thread, some impressive sessions as usual.
    Congratulations on your Lisbon time SiT, blistering pace!

What: 7 miles incl 4 * mile reps, 400 m jog recoveries. Managed 6.50 for 3 out of the 4 so chuffed with that, looks like resting helps!
    Why: last week's speed session, can I cram in this week's 800m session as well, or forget about it?
    My focus is very much on quality now, even if that means an extra rest days, also need to keep overuse injury at bay: it's been there since Xmas I'm sure I can ignore it for just a few more weeks!
    Last hard: tonight.
    Last rest: yesterday.