That guy probably wishes he never got out of bed that morning. ROFLMAO

• Options
    Should have peddled faster LOL
  • Options

lo nicko

was just thinking i have not seen you for a while

XXX

• Options
    There are no good or bad ramblers - just good or bad people - like in most things I would say.
  • Options

Have I miised a good rant thread image

Did anyone get upset image

• Options

KK

That clip at the top of the page reminds me of when I went to see a guy called Dave LeGrys make an attempt on the Uk and World land Spped cycle record many years ago.

He used the M42, before it was open. They had used an experimantal method when building it, of laying sesctions of the road one after the other - but they hadn't sttled uniformly so there were steps between each - hardly notice in a car at 70mph, but on a push bike at 100mph+ - thye had people out with grinders smoothing it off for him.

He was clipped to the rear of a Rover  (who had clearly sponsored the attempt) which had a big wind shield on the back - a quick release on his bars once it had towed him up to speed (regs are that you only have to maintain the speed over a certain distance, not get up to it yerself!). Trouble is, with the sheild on the back, the Rover wouldn't go fast enough, so they had to use another one to pace the one he was clipped to!

Imagine the scene - a bloke in leathers, pedalling for all he's worth, inches from the back of a screen he can't see past, attached to the back of a car which in turn was inches from the back of another car, all doing 100mph over the bumpiest new road you could find!

(Oh, and if I remember correctly he got the UK record, but noth the world record!!)

• Options

Most ramblers I find are reasonable and good natured.

There are those that seem to think that the countryside was created fully formed for their exclusive enjoyment.

However there are some runners, cyclists, horseriders who seem to think the same.

I once came upon a party of ramblers gathered round a deer that had been hit by a forestry lorry and had its back broken. They were outraged when I went back to the landrover and fetched my gun. I should have apparently called a vet - and it cut no ice when I pointed out that James Herriot only existed in story books, and always assuming you could find a vet willing to come out on a Sunday afternoon he'd just charge an arm and a leg to do exactly what I was about to do.

I was apparently a heartless saditsic beast. Just as well they didn't realise I was going to eat it as well.....

• Options

lol

oh dear
    i remember my mate's sister going mad when my mate smacked a squirrel or something over the head with a brick to kill it
    it was still alive but half of it's body was being eaten away by maggots after some sort of injury so she decided it would be better off out of it