Options

Fans of Thanet

Comments

• Options

I lost it ages ago.  But we are going to leave your thread now.

Until next time.

Sorry  image

• Options
    Sorry CB, we've got it sorted now anyway.  I've filled in another form, printed address labels and written a cheque.  PO is stealing envelopes from work and bringing stamps.  A decent bit of teamwork there.
  • Options

phew  I wonder if they train as hard as they bickerimage

And why are the patagonian goats 12 years old image

• Options
    Well you know - someone somewhere has to have a little fun  image
  • Options

Have fun Boboimage

MF - you are an IT techie, I had a look earlier for the online entry for Hastings but couldn't find it, any chance of a link?image

• Options
    Found it, entered!!!!!!image
  • Options
    And you of course PSCimage
  • Options
    Anybody else doing Paddock Wood tomorrow?
  • Options

Not me Bill,

I ran/walked my usual route this morning and felt awfully tired. With two weeks to go I didn't need itimage

Good luck tomorrow

• Options

I think Charlie White is doing Paddock Wood CB and so is Genevieve.  Also Pauline Hall is as well - watch out for her big knickers!

We're doing Combe Gibbet to Overton - 16 miles cross country - yippee!!!!image

• Options
    Enjoyed Paddock Wood. Took 3 mins off my PB and about 17 mins off last year's time so well pleased with that. I saw Charlie and Pauline very briefly at the start.
  • Options
    Well done on the PB Billimage
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Well done on the pb CB image

Got one too myself at the Draycote 5, verrrry chuffed!

• Options
    Well done Cinders and CB. Apparently Charlie got a PB too. I got a PW at Combe Gibbet - I have never felt so awful in a race - heyho - hopefully that is my bad race out of the way before London!
  • Options

well done on the pb's CB and Cinders. 

No pb for me at Coombe Gibbet but the underfoot conditions were "testing"  to say the least and it was so hot got slightly sunburnt . Good fun though but not for the current Mrs Fimage

• Options
    The only positive was that i was out so long I got some sun on my legs! Nice date and walnut cake at the end though. Well done to Barbara, Helen and Junior Senior who all did very well.
  • Options

HI Everyone. Well done to those who did well, comiserations to those who didn't enjoy the experiences at the weekend. I did 3 miles for the first time since I tried to break my ankle running in Scotland ( I didn't succeed... at breaking my ankle that is.) It was OK, but a bit sore, so I'll be leaving it until tuesday to try again.

Can people check the events section of our lovely web site. I think I've put on this year's Marathon/Half and Quicksand, but eagle eyes might spot a problem... Can you? Ta! Djb

• Options
    Website looks good thanks DJB. Hope ankle is improving.
  • Options

website looks fab thanks DJB

Good to hear you are back out there on the roads.  Hope to see you at a club session soon.

• Options

Cliff I have just read back a bit and read your post about feeling tired.  Thats good Its generally accepted that when you get to the taper part of your prep for a marathon the body realises that you have stopped punishing it and starts to do its repairs hence the need to taper and its very usual to feel tired during that period. expect to feel very heavy legged if you do go out to do any short runs over the next couple of weeks.  As and when you increase your carbs next week expect to feel heavy as well but as long as you have rested well and fueled your body correctly you should have a cracking run. image

And some advice for those who run Pb's at the weekend if your doing FLM 

START YOUR TAPER NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please do not get excited about running well at the weekend and think you can add just that little bit extra.  From here on in you can only damage your chances of having a good run anything you do in training now will not enhance your performance on race day ITS TOO LATE !  

there lecture over image

• Options

Thanks Coach, the advice is timely and much needed. It is good to hear all the experiences of the weekend, good and bad. We really are an active lot, I spent my Saturday doing some upper body strengthening work. You had to lift these chips, put them on a number and then a man spun a ball around a wheel thing and then they took your money away. He did it lots of times before I realised what was happening!!!!!!

What time will the convoy be setting off for Barneshurst?

• Options

Mark

With me Paddock Wood was all about giving me a psychological boost to "top up" how I felt after the 20. Should I now just be doing a couple of 4/5s each week over the last two. I am conscious of the fact that my total output over your programme period fell short, for a number of reasons, by about 50 or 60 miles and that is what concerns me. I am not trying to play catch up and I am not beating myself up about it too much,  but that's why I have been playing "brain games" with myself to compensate.

• Options

Cliff not sure yet about convoy timings etc as we are still sorting out Jnr who, having been back for just over 1 week, flys out to egypt on Thursday morning for a month ( how  young people live these days) and when she has gone Im sure we will sort out timings etc.

Bill yes absolutely! just a couple of very slow short runs per week  and lots of rest.  Dont worry about "being short" on the miles you cant make them up now anyway.  Your recent runs indicate that you are in good shape so as long as you can get your head right you have no worries and I would expect you to run well at London.  Also dont forget to look after your diet especially next week and ensure you are correctly hydrated from Thursday next week at least.

The club run on Sunday will be no longer than 1 hour so if any of you on FLM taper want a nice gentle trott and some company you are welcome to join us.  Also Thursday nights session will have a FLM friendly group as well.

And finally a few of us are having a "boys" night out in Ramsgate on Friday night this week everyone welcome.

• Options
    CB and CF enjoy the taper!! Me and Hells Bells are running to the Viking Ship on Thursday night as a very gentle trot and you are welcome to join us.

Last year the convoy left Ramsgate at about 6am I think. Will check on train times from Barnehurst and let you know.
  • Options

Sunday 13th April train times from Barnehurst to Blackheath are:

Journey time is 17 or 19 minutes

• Options
    Last year we got the 7.24 which gives plenty of time to get from Blackheath to all 3 starts.
  • Options

so a 6.00 am start is just about right to catch the 7.24 without too much stress !

Note to self park the car at the top of the slope this year.  Came back last year to find some numpty had not put his handbrake on properly and his car had trundled down the slope and banged into our car image

• Options

Mark

What kind of route do you guys normally take? Cliff has very kindly agreed to give me a lift and I will need to work out a rendezvous point.