Options

FLM Training: Sezz

Comments

• Options
    m.ittenm.itten ✭✭✭

Umm, I might be seeing Meldy on the 11th May then image

• Options
    well I hope I will .. still awaiting ackowledgement of a days leave !

All things being equal I think I had better wait untl after IMF    image
  • Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭

I don't think I tried hard enough on Sunday because my legs aren't hurty or stiff at all. Weird that, I expected to be in some pain. I was going to go to the running club last night but I fell asleep and missed it.

• Options
    AndyAAndyA ✭✭✭

I'm feeling pretty good today as well. Two days off work and a massage seem to have done the trick. I even walked up the stairs (five floors) instead of getting the lift when I got to work this morning.

• Options
    That's just showing off, Andy!
    I am able to manage stairs ok too, though I can definitely feel it.

RichK, my aunt used to live in Marlow - shame she's no longer there, as a flat 5m race sounds good, but it is a bit far to go if I don't combine it with something else.
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭

To all the regulars who posted on here, lived the ups and downs of the schedule with me and gave me fantastic support - a few of us are going out for pizza on Saturday 26th April in Chorleywood (haven't told Pizza Man yet so hopefully he has room for us!), which is near Amersham.  It would be great if you could join us if you are free  image.

Let me know if you can make it.  Not sure if the email thingy on RW is working at the moment though, but am also on Facebook.

• Options

Yippeee . . Chorleywood on the 26th it is image

Sorry you can't make Marlow, DianaD, but I know what you mean about having to justify travelling a distance to a race . . thanks for your remarks over in "my" thread . . and congratulations on your Marathon . . what a huge pb image

• Options

I am strangley attracted to Pizza threads like a moth to light......................... what time?

....and while we're here a bit of publicity for my clubs little jaunt around the Chilterns on a lovely spring bank holiday evening pednor 5 at 7pm

• Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭

LOL!   Do you trawl the forums each night for mention of pizza?    Let's go for 7.30pm.

• Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭

That'll do me. It'll add to the carb loading I did last night in various pubs and the curry house last night.

Parpppp. 

• Options

7.30 on the 26th it is then.

does it need it's own thread?

• Options

ewwww!

all we need to know now is, whereabouts in Chorleywood?

• Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    Between Amersham and Rickmansworth - get the train from Aylesbury.  Hopefully Meldy can chaperone you.
  • Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭

Skelly, Chilli, Mindovermuscle, HelenHeath, AndyA - your 'email member' is not activated so I can't email you, but see above about pizza on 26th. 

Hopefully everyone else has got an email as the email function should be working again now.

• Options

I knows where Chorleywood is image but is our destination close to the railway station? image

Pizza and trains on the same evenin' . . what more could a boy want!! image

• Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    It's miles away Rich, we'll let you walk  image
  • Options

Got the invitation, thanks sezz, but can't make it, I'm afraid, as already asccepted another carb-loading opportunity with friends, with a bed for the night afterwards, so OH and I can both have a glass or so. I will watch out for your 2 hour half marathon thread, and keep in touch, so sooner or later, we should meet!

FF, I'm off out for curry with other friends the night before! I'm going to have to start running again soon.

Rich, I haven't quite ruled out the Marlow 5, but haven't yet lined anything else up to combine it with.

• Options
    Thanks for the invite Sezz , shame, but i cant make it, specially as Chorleywood is only 15mins away from me, would have liked to say hello to the thread. I would have done that Pednor 5 but for Watford 10k being same day, bummer. Maybe see some of you at Watford 10k. Enjoy the pizza!
  • Options

Sezz, got the invitation and I hope to make it, it would be so funny meeting everyone. I''ll confirm next week. Real name Emily by the way!

Legs feeling almost normal today - quite fancy a run. Is that mad or what? But going to heed all the guidance which says not to run for a week. Has anyone run yet?

• Options
    AndyAAndyA ✭✭✭

Hi Sezz,

Not sure why my email is not working as I have it activated. Very odd. I am definately up for the pizza though. 

• Options
    26th is a slight possible for me now ... can I be a possible for this one?
  • Options
    m.ittenm.itten ✭✭✭
    'Pants' on the selection of date image
  • Options

hope so, Meldy, coz accordin' to Sezz you're chaperonin' me in case I get lost <wibble>

noooo Mitten . . sorry you can't make it . . guess it means we'll have to do it again soon image

• Options
    I think Mitten should rearrange her dates.
  • Options

good plan . . but we'll still have another pizza soon won't we?
  • Options
    m.ittenm.itten ✭✭✭

In fact, I think my o/h should get his family too re-arrange the date of his daughters birthday!!!

Won't a further 'pizza' be dependant on the quality of the first one image

• Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭

Cool that some of you can come for pizza image

Shame that some of you can't image.  Next time hopefully.

I ran today! image 

Well, I say ran, I actually mean I trotted 1.75 miles.  It wasn't too bad although my thighs are still sore, but I can at least sit down and get up ok today.  However, I now have a sharp pain on the ball of my foot which hurts quite a bit which started after the run.  Wonder if it's just bruised maybe?  Still at least I got out there which I'm pleased about and will try again on Saturday.

I noticed that Amanda Holden did it in 4:15.  I think one way I can get quicker is to loose some weight.  Whilst AM is about 8 stone 7lbs, I'm about 10 stone and, to be honest, quite happy with my weight and I do like my food so it will be hard to lose anything.  But I'll give it a go and aim for 4-7 lbs.   Oh, by the way, that's quicker for 10ks and half maras, not marathons image.  Just to be clear ok.

• Options

Ooh, you're braver than me image I'm not running until this evening!! I'm looking forward to it though image

Who's Amanda Holden? I need to lose some weight too (not that I think you do btw) coz I lost 3 pounds during the first week fo the schedule (which was Christmas week for heaven's sake) and then didn't lose any, in fact I put some back on. Could definitely move faster and easier if there was less of me!!

10k's and Half's . . yeah . . ok image

Speaking of Half's . . is there a reason why you prefer MK to Wycombe? It's just that I noticed the former costs £20, and the latter £11 . . and they're on the same day. Just wondrin' image

• Options
    SezzSezz ✭✭✭
    Because High Wycome is hilly and MK is flat.  Simple, innit.  image
  • Options

nuff said . .

sold!!