Options

The Magic Roundabout & Hay Festival Social 2008

1234568»

Comments

• Options

Just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to the race organisers and marshalls. The weather was just horrible! I nearly chickened out of the race( on the 15 minute walk from the Farm Car Park to the Start Line!), but I had driven 50 miles so I thought I had better get it over with! All the runners did GREAT, but the Marshalls who had to stand around in that strong wind and rain were AWSOME! Hopefully next year the weather will be MUCH better and my family can get out of the car! [Cat - I have emailed you from the Hay Footers web site. My surname and age category is wrong on the results page - I finished 30th - hope you can correct it!]

See you all next yearimage

• Options

I have to agree that the marshals were the heroes out there on the moor in the driving rain.  Thanks to Cat and the team for a tremendous effort.

The conditions actually made the running quite fun but it was a shame after all that effort that we weren't sat around the tents listening to the band in the sunshine afterwards.  Next year.

We were camping at Hay Festival - so we got to experience the full force of the weather until we packed up this morning.

• Options
    Just got back from Hay today.

Hhhmmm last time I got as wet as that at a race it was Tough Guy when we were required to go UNDER the water! image

Still had fun, and I'll be back again.

(121)
  • Options
    I've just noticed that if you fold your T shirt 'just so' it says:-

'rain race' image
  • Options

Tee Hee!! We were saying its actually now our USP!!

See the web site (ours) www.hayhotfooters.co.uk later today for all updates and funny stuff!

• Options

Considering the W.....r (banned word) was so appalling..all the results were up online the same day..paper soggy but still readable. Thanks for showing all your numbers as you crossed the line..it's a great help. All the winners who didn't stay to the presentaion, I will be sending your prizes through the post on my return (away chilling and updating websites for a few days).
    Fantastic team and hats off to all those who turned up to make this another memorable race. Please rate it for us as this really helps with applications for next year.

The site has been updated with reports, pics and results..photos of the finish line to follow shortly

Cheers Jo (Time keeper and cider drinker......lots left for us!)

• Options
    Aw... Cathy I can't believe it...  The Saturday was so nice as well...  Definetely next year!!  Had I not been so bliddy ill I would have loved to have come but I just couldn't risk it.  image
  • Options
    Further to my earlier frivolous comments.

Thanks to the course marshalls for without them, both at magic roundabout and at any event, it would not be possible for the likes of us to be able to take part in in ANY event. I hope the canine marshall has dried out and that his owner gave him a hot toddy, a good dinner and turned the fire on for the dog to lie in front of!!!

I hope to be back next year, come on it can't rain again surely, and give justice to the course and the views, there are views????

Well done to the organisers coping with such difficult conditions..........
  • Options

Just back today from week away in Hay, for rain, festival, camping, rain, this fine race, and more rain. Thanks for the cheery organisation, Cat and all. Beautiful location, even in the challenging cirsumstances...apologies to any other runners who got covered in soapsuds: the more it rained, the more my gear frothed. Must remember to use less detergent next time.

• Options

Run this for the first time this year.. Great race well organised. Thanks to all involved and to the marshalls for the encouragment. Will definatly be back next year for another go.. image

• Options
    'Late start' (2 back), as i said to you on the day - my mum had exactly the same thing happen to her last year, it was hysterical. I think she must have hand washed her kit, and didn't rinse properly - she was frothing like a cappucino! There is a salutory lesson for all runners here- unless you want dusting off with cocoa powder at the finish line, rinse out your gear!! Cat 
  • Options
    Mind you, Cat, frothing my way round meant I didn't need to worry about not having showers at the finish!
  • Options
    No, I hadn't hand washed it myself (two back).  I'd borrowed it off one of my daughters ... but the only thing that stopped me running every step of the 10K was laughing so much about frothing at the knees.  It is such things that make memories to smile at, hey LateStart?
  • Options
    Cat, Tothero: Oops, looks like a little family tiff brewing over the source of last year's foaming running gear! Yep, these things are indeed memories to smile at...
  • Options
    Has anyone seen any photos or was it too wet?
  • Options

Running Bob go to www.hayhotfooters.co.uk and there are a few photos at the mo and more to come in from official photographer of the day. Ma - you've gone and blown the fact we are related now everyone knows!!! They'll see right through your favorable 'anonymous' comments from Tothero last year and this!! Der!! By the way what is Tothero?

• Options

Thanks Cathy.

And thanks for the photo of the Roundabout which now has pride of place on my office wall.

• Options

Ace. I just wanted to give the winners something better than a ruddy plastic trophy and wanted to celebrate the actual 'roundabout'! We love it up there. All commendations to Jo, who took the photos, and is also our fab timekeeper on the day.

Can I just take this opportunity to bow out on the forum, and the Race.  I am onto projects new, and am leaving the race as Director, which I know will go from strength to strength, in the more than capable hands of the Hay Hotfooters. You will also have wonderful weather next year (see i used the word!!) .

All the very best to you all,

Cat