Options

Have you ever done anything really stupid?

Right, i put this on just because i´m thinking about doing something really stupid.  I just want to gauge how stupid it is before I do it.  SO... you tell me what and i´ll think!

Comments

• Options

Yes. I was staying in a B&B in the Lakes. I got rather drunk one evening and went for a wee in the night. I went back into the wrong bedroom and tried to get into bed on top of the Landlord. I was stark bollock naked at the time.

What you going to do that's daft? 

• Options
    ToroToro ✭✭✭
    That´s awesome! but not preplanned so can be excused.  I´m going for an hour´s run so i´ll be back about 1930 when i´ll have had chance to think and get the silly idea out of my head or decide what to do...
  • Options

I fell off a horse and never got it checked out until3 agonising months later

Turns out I broke my back  image

• Options
    About, well a long time ago, I had a car that drank oil (as old cars did then).  I was travelling down to Devizes when I thought I'd better pull over and check the oil, so stopped off on hard shoulder and did that.  Oil was fine, but the bung would not go back into the hole.  I tried and tried and got quite exasperated in the end, so much so that I threw the bung at the grassy bank.  I then calmed down and went to look for the bung, but couldn't find it.  Decided to travel onwards to destination.  Opened the bonnet when I got there to find oil had splattered all over the engine, the car had basically been running on no oil for miles and the whole engine was thereby f*cked.  image  Cost me a new engine.
  • Options
    That's irony for you Blondie.  The engine was covered in oil, and it was a lack of oil that caused it to be ruined!
  • Options
    somewhat similar to Fat Face

staying in a hotel on business with some colleagues and had a few shandies. went to bed and got up a little after for a pee and went into what I thought in my befuddled state was the bathroom - 'cept it was onto the landing outside the room and the door had a powerful spring.

BANG - the door CLOSED behind me - leaving me stark staring bollock naked on the landing and no way back into the room. sobered up in 2 seconds flat and legged it to colleagues room to borrow something to wrap around me - when he'd stopped laughing - and headed downstairs to the bar which was still busy. the bar suddenly hushed at this apparition of me wrapped in a bedspread meekly asking for a spare key..........and then the drinkers burst out laughing.

I'm still scarred by it

• Options

Where's Coops?

He has an excellent one of those stories. 

• Options

There now follows a copy of the e-mail I had to send my manager at work to explain why I didn't turn up to a meeting once about redundancy. enjoy!

As you probably don't known I've been house sitting since Friday and yesterday morning at about 6.45 I locked myself out of my sisters house, following taking the bin out, before I was going to have a shower. This was a problem due to being dressed in jeans, socks and a t shirt. Well I thought at least this has happen with plenty of time to get the spare key and still get to work! No-one will known and take the Mick out of me?
     I walked towards my friends home who lives half a mile up the road to use there phone, just then ***** and ***** ******* (they are the big bosses at my place of work) turned round the corner and ask what was I doing wandering the street at 7 in the morning in my socks!
     To his credit he did try and give me his mobile but didn't see that it was needed as was on the way to a nearby friends. I then discovered that they weren't in after knocking on the door for 2 hours, in the rain and after being accused of being on drugie tramp by the next door neighbour decided it might be a good idea to make a few phone calls, so walked still in socks back to the nearest phone box outside the park Hotel at Hillsborough corner.
     On the way I fell over as socks have no grip and badly graced my arm on the pavement causing blood to cover my arm and clothes. This gets better image
     Got to the phone, phoned my sister first, found that the spare key is in her kitchen (where else would it be) and she would be back in Sheffield at about 3pm, phoned my dad, they had decided to take the caravan to Norfolk for the week, phoned work and then phoned a friend to pick me up so could it least wait in the warm.
     It's at this point that my ex's best friend drove past, took one look at me and then put the peddle in the floor looking generally disgusted.

To recap I'm unshaven, unwashed, soaked to the skin, covered from head to socks in blood, dirt and leaf's, very upset, angry, and on the verge of tear's staring into the middle distance waiting for my lift.
     It's at this point that I realised that the middle distance was the barber's shop across the road and the girl behind the counter was staring back horrified at the mad man in the phone booth, who had been looking at her for the last hour.

The moral of the story is that no matter how bad your day is, at least you can send your friends an e-mail, so they can laugh and take the p*ss out of you!

• Options
    Selecting reverse when doing 85mph on the motorway
  • Options

Quite right, Cake!

Something really stupid I did in terms of pain unnecessarily inflicted on myself:
    I stuck a knife into a toaster that was on. Ouch!

• Options
    Blimey Moo, I'm surprised you're still here after that one.
  • Options

I know Mouse! A shocking experience, but I used a plastic knife the next time the occasion presented itself... it melted and wrecked the toaster. So I got my revenge!image

• Options
    I went for a run today with odd trainers on! I didn't realise until I'd done about 2.5 miles!
  • Options
    ToroToro ✭✭✭

Goodness these are very good - i´ll have a think from my large collection.  I´m back from 8 miles (54min) and that soon got any silly ideas out of my head. 

Having had my planned race last week cancelled, and unable to enter a 12km race this weekend beacuse I couldn´t get to a certain type of bank by 1400 I was aching to race.  I have been training very hard for 7 weeks now and I have nothing to show for it.  Nothing.  No PB. No Medal. No carp t-shirt. I know marathon training is a long haul and this week has been tough with 6am starts and some late finishes (and that´s just the work) but programmes include races and I for one reason or another haven´t managed to enter so was feeling disillusioned. 

MY GREAT PLAN.... not one of the greatest plans of all time I admit... was seeing as I have 20 miles to run in training I looked for a race I could enter at the last minute, maybe a half marathon a bit further away but then, hang on Sevilla Marathon´s on Sunday and I could enter as late as 8pm tomorrow - it´s only an hour away.  I could park up early doors around the 20 mile mark and get a cab to the olympic stadium do my expensive accompanied run and feel better secretly thinking if i´m doing well what´s another 6 miles?!  Yeah right - i´ve now got that out of my system and will be doing a leisurely 20miles along my usual route on Sunday. 

I am now refocused towrds Madrid, the big picture and Stafford half only 23 days away.... i´ll have a think of some Friday morale boosters!

• Options

One New Years Eve I got very drunk came home went to get in bed.

Bad move GM's nan was in there as she was babysitting G and we were staying in the boys roomimage

• Options
    ToroToro ✭✭✭

I have made some cracking navigational errors - trying to get to a cannock chase car park to start a 5mile xc race I got confuddled and ended up about 10miles away in a different very empty car park - with 20 mins to go.  Some of my best Citreon ZX rally driving got me there with 5 mins to spare and i chucked the keys at my mum and my dad was pinning my number on my shirt as i walked to the start.  Pinned on I ran into the pack and started... (mile 1´s the warm up)    

• Options
    ToroToro ✭✭✭

On the unplanned side I think we´ve all done the forgetting something´s - hot. sharp, on, plugged in. unlocked, locked.

Stapled my thumb once, kind of by accident (i was young and I think i wanted to know what would happen - it hurt and blood came out of 2 holes).

I´ve spun a car (exactly 360) but that was from driving too fast in the snow... was quite a rush though!

I´ve jumped off a bridge (3-4m) before into 1m of water - wasn´t as bad as I thought it was going to be, so I did it again.

I solo-ed several high rock climbs (600m in wales) when really I wasn´t good enough to but when in those situations you have to do something due to lack of options!

• Options

In the cold dark winter mornings often put my knickers on inside outimage

Needless to say I dont discover this till laterin the day.

My new specs are ready next week.

At least I DO put knickers on..........

• Options

Poor GD. Hope nan recovered from the shock image But that must have been very image

• Options

A member of the roal family (future king) was the Patron of a charity organisation i worked for some years ago, on the day of his arrival the managers were acting very strange, basically trying to keep residents who could prove trouble away from him and the other guest , I felt this was unfair and did not show a true reflection of the organisation.

Anyway, while he was in the hall we were ushered into a room to be reminded of royal protocol (call sir only speak when spoken to etc) this i can't stand and idea of ,and the royal family in general. just before leaving the room i put my (R) hand in my trousers and proceeded to give my own crown jewels a right good scratch then walked out before my line manager could say anything, I then stood in line and proceeded to shake his Royal highness hand and smile politley. 

Got a right ticking off after that but it was well worth it.

• Options

that's like a chef spitting in someones food, what's the point?

'

I dove into a puddle once and broke my clavicle.

I was cleaning a blender and turned it on, fingers like a cheese string.

Cut a washing machine cable whilst it was plugged in, blew me across the room

• Options

I drove from Gloucester to Harrogate for a meeting & walked into the hotel where it was being held & I confidently strolled up to the reception desk said 'High I have come for the ........ meeting,the lady behind the reception desk looked at me with a rather confused look on her face & then said'Your a week early Sir,I can I offer you a room'

• Options
    I thought I was the only one who turned up a week early for meetings, BRT.....
  • Options
    K9K9 ✭✭✭

OK

how's this for stoopid?

I've been using this computer at home for 2 and a half years

I've always cursed it because the speakers don't work

No volume = no DVDs/ CDs etc etc

Been on my mental list of things to sort out but kinda never got round to it

• Options
    K9K9 ✭✭✭

Tonight

I discovered

the ON/OFF switch on on of the speakers

• Options
    K9K9 ✭✭✭

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I can't believe I hold down a professional job

• Options
    Yes , I just signed up to run the District Double .
  • Options
    K9K9 ✭✭✭

once I took my car to the garage because the CD player wasn't working

similar problem