Options

Have you ever done anything really stupid?

2»

Comments

• Options

I once went to a doctors' party at the hospital I was working at. That's not the stupid bit...

Bet a doc I could drink "cocktails" faster than him. Nor is that....

Kept losing but trying again. Nor is this...

Got home, went to bed (alone!) woke up with the world's biggest hangover, but staggered into work anyway as I was on early, 7am start...

Only to be told I was on lates. This isn't the really stupid bit either...

I went back home, and fell asleep and overslept for my 1pm shift.

imageimage

• Options

Yes. I've done some potentially life-wreckingly stupid things that would make everything on this thread so far look like gentle comedy.

And forgiven myself image 

• Options
    Most of the best things I've ever done have been the least "sensible" I suppose
  • Options

DING DONG!!

>>loudspeaker crackles<< image

This is a public service announcement for PORKYPLODDER!!

Please go to the Kit Order Thread and get in touch with Plum about your oder. Thank you! image

as you were...

• Options
    NykieNykie ✭✭✭

I've driven across a car park when concussed (didn't know it at the time) and drove over one of those curb-y things and knocked a hole in the sump, spilling oil all over the car park. It was fresh oil too.

I also made soup without taking the little guards off the blender blades image

• Options

How's this...

Training going well, done Stafford Half in March, good PB, planned all races out for the year Dec07, first 10K warm-up event to see how trainng's going - London Regents Park Series in April.

The writing was on the wall when the ticket machine wouldn't get mine and Mrs DW's tickets out to get to London.  SO, £36 down, we amble along the Chiltern Line, I, trying to get things in perspective, try to look philosophical whilst planning to SemTex Bham Moor St.

We get to London.  They have not out-booked our room (ah, bless that Travelodge for this policy - this ever happenned to you's?).  So we go for a walk, all is not lost.  Nice nice nice, chit-chat, nice nice nice.  Time to load in some carbohydrates, (now 22:00).  Ah, Tesco Express, nice-nice-nice.  Baguette, jam, sports drink, the usual supper.  Nice nice nice.

Now for ritual laying out of kit on bed, before sleep.  New Mizuno "lucky" racing top - check.

Free running socks with every pair of Kayano's - check

Orthotics - check.

Shoes - check.

Race number, safety pins, check.

Shorts? SHORTS????!!!imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

"Blxxdy SHORTS!!!" (DW now visualises how he placed them on the bed at home and are now still waiting to be put into the pack!!!!!)  Mrs DW now says something really helpful like "you're not happy are you?"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We now root around London at 22:35 looking for a 24 hour Asda (knowing we would not be able to find one) for anything that resembles trousers that I can cut down, if not shorts!  Nothing!

Still, it wasn't all bad - we found £20.00 on a Bridge the next morning.  Needless to say, I did not race.  I am not as brave as some forum members here, venturing out in less than the non-offence bearing kit into public (God forbid!!!!!!).

So, I am back there in July, let's see what becomes of the missing kit!

• Options

Big parade (I am in the military).

Royal (not just any Royal, big the big one - Queenie!)

She was presenting the RN with her colours again, which allows us to use the Orefix Royal etc.

Queen inspects us, Phil the greek in close attendance.

Phil asks me, how long have you been here (meaning working at the base) I gives him a rather bored about 45 mins waiting for you!  He found it funny, Queen gave a stern look, Admiral not so happy, extra duties for that one.  Still made Phil laugh, and my mate next to me, had a real splutter!

Still in the Services, promotion has kind of stagnated........................Hmmmmmmmimage 

• Options

Having a skinful of Guiness, on an all day bender in Perth Oz stylee.  In an Irish bar called the Bog.

Then going to McDonalds absolutely w*nkered and deciding i could just cut a small Love puff loose.

Mistake!................................

• Options

you'd appreciatte this one SB,

I used to run a bar in Athens. The RN were in town on their way back from the gulf, about 1988 and I was very kindly invited aboard the next day.

Little did I know what the stokers mess was. The bastards got me pissed, kidnapped me and took me toGib'! 

• Options

B*ggered Royally too!  it was like a wizards sleeve by the time the RN had finished with PM!

• Options

We used to have a good laugh when the RN came to Pireas. Would have a game of rugby and then drink verily, often went down for drinkies on board, but NEVER again with the stokers.

The divers are a strange bunch too!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Options

back end of GW2, we were at Basrah Airport, set up, and waiting for flight home.  We decided to have a Football tournament.  There was a large enough exspanse of packed sand to play, so it was on.

Semi Final. all going well, until an Army Bloke pitches up and stops game. 

He asks - Has anyone cleared this area? 

Lots of shrugs and puzzled looks later, no I didn't think so.

games stopped, back to work...........Bahhhhhh.

Then 2 large explosions, as he detonates an unexploded Mortar, and a Mine that were on the fringes, about 50m from where we were playing! 

Whoops!

Or finding an container that had no owner in our compound, opening it and finding a crate of Gaymers Old english!image

6 of us drinking 4 tins each, of red hot cider, and getting D-RUNK!  ok until you realise 50 degrees was norm during the day, so Cider was Hot, we had not drunk for 2 months, and it is so hot at night you sweat all night, and normally wake up de-hydrated, so after a skinful of apples - Not good!

• Options

If we're swapping dits....

In about 1991-92, I was working on a medical ward in the Naval Hospital. One of the submarines had a slight <problem> which resulted in 16 bored submariners being admitted. 1 civvy and a spare bed for "service emergency".

Next morning, we admitted a sprog skimmer image

Who wouldn't shut up about his fitness routines, running, circuits etc etc etc.

Until one of the subbies asked if he did weights. When he said yes, and was about to launch into what he could bench press etc, he had about 10 subbies wallets thrown at him with "Ere skimmer, lift THAT" from all directions.

Poor kid didn't know where to look image

• Options

imageimage

I retuurned to the Air Station from a night out, and was a little bit worse for wear.  In those days returning drunk was not the done thing, I could not walk straight, or see straight, i was down to vital functions only.

I was subsequently hauled in front of the top brass, and when asked If i had anything to say - very nearly said "Douglas Barder got legless and you gave him a medal", but descretion etc.

Two weeks later, during Airday, Said top brass walking towards me, asks if I had learnt my lesson, I replied yes Sir.

Good he says, then he says, my watch appears to have stopped, have you the time Apprentice SB.  yes I says "half past three Sir"

Can we have that in Naval Time SB, yes sir says I, half past three M'Hearty, said top brass cracked down the middle, and burst out laughing!

He bought me a beer for that.

imageimage

• Options

At the dentist having a filling, dentist chatting away to me. She then says, "Suck please". Strange request I thought, so I attempt this with 3 intruments in my mouth.

Dentist suddenly starts laughing. Apparently the dental nurse had the same name as me, and she'd asked her for the instrument to suck up the debris from my filling! imageimage

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I parked my car in a car park, and was watching another driver making a complete mess of doing the same thing.

I was so busy thinking "it's women like that who give women drivers a bad name...."  that I managed to lock my keys in my (old fashioned, no central locking) car.

With the engine still running.