Options

Support Group 7

Comments

• Options
    Hope you've got a good sports bra Mr BB!!! image
  • Options
    There silicon so they don't move!!image
  • Options
    PMSL!!! Is the costume going to chafe? - just thinking about the practicalities... my tutu rubs like a bu99er..
  • Options

I feel sorry for the people who finish just after him!

"I was beaten by a guy dressed in . . . . ."

• Options
    Can't be good for their self-esteem
  • Options
    I was once beaten by Scooby Doo
  • Options
    Did he use a stick or cat of nine tails image
  • Options
    MadWelshWoman - I am from the Swansea Valley . Staying in London on Sunday night too. Two bus loads of us are going up with Les Croupiers from Cardiff.
  • Options

Hi Group 7,

My number is 8768 and I'll be wearing a yellow Cystic Fibrosis running vest with my name ALUN on the back and front, not too sure about the shorts yet. I'm hoping to gte to 17 miles in around 2hr35mins if all goes well.

Great to see that we have a few Welsh people in the group, just getting over that bridge is a big enough experience for most of us.

BTW, which side of the road will you be on, my left or right.

• Options
    Hi All in Group 7,

My details are

Name - Vince
    Wearing Orange MS Society vest with Vince on front and Eaglefever on the back (FLM forum name). black shorts
    Estimated at 17 miles @2 hrs 40. (I will try to find ALUn en route...
    Special needs Bananas!!

Thanks so much for this brilliant support group

regards

Vince
  • Options

Hi group 7 so sorry this info is so late but training seems to have taken over my life!

It's so difficult deciding what to wear with regards to long or short sleeve tops with the weather fluctuating so much!

Forum name: Fizzog
    Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum) : Jacky (should be on my vest if I get round to it!)
    Race number: 35521
    Estimated time to mile 17: 3:30 or there abouts
    What you'll be wearing: Should be a blue Dudley Ladies singlet. If cold, a long sleeve purple Ron Hill shirt.
    Any special needs* Just lots of encouragement please...I'll need it image

So looking forward to seeing everyone. Thanks so much for your support

• Options

user name - I get there

name:  LESLEY

number:  37674

training going well, hope to be there in about 3.30 and 4 hours (hopefully).  Wearing white cap with LESLEY on it, white shirt probably, leggings and a skirt!  Would love some jelly babies, and a hug! and plenty of encouragement.  This is my first London marathon, looking forward to starting and definitely finishing.

Thanks very much for your support .        image

• Options

Hello from Support Group 1!!

In case you haven't seen the message on the main forum - the usual spot at Mudchute is now available (hoardings that were blocking the way have now been removed) so we are good to go!!

I've emailed pics to Barley which he'll hopefully be able to put up (I couldn't figure out how to do it...) so those that don't know where the "usual" is will be able to find it.

See you all next week!! image

• Options
    Apologies,

add to my details Runner 7794,

Thanks
  • Options

Hello hello group 7!

Forum name: hareandtortiose

Race no: 25965

Wearing:  Children with Leukaemia vest with LOUISE on front, navy shorts

Time to 17 miles: about 3 hoursish hopefully

Special needs: cheers please!

Sorry for all the gaps don't know what's happened.  Go group 7! 

• Options
    Nutty - I will be traveling back on Sunday night - would have been good to meet you!
  • Options

MadWelshWoman - do you post on the Swansea 5k thread?  Lots of locals on that one.  Good luck with your race. 

Good luck to you all!! This time next week......! 

• Options

Confirmation of support area position

The supporters will be at the usual location on the left hand side of the road by the railings after the pedestrian crossing next to Mudchute DLR Station (The hoardings have now been moved)

Runners - there are Blue hoardings to the left just before the Zebra crossing, the supporters will be on the left immediately after the hoardings.

I have posted some pictures on page 30 (near the bottom of the page) on the Runners and Supporters thread

• Options

Nutty - I did two of the 5K's last year (slowly). I am planning on doing the the three this year but it depends on how my various injuries  hold up after FLM.

• Options
    Hi Group 7 *waves*

Aitch from Group 2 just checking in with a special request....

One of our runners, Soup Draggon (Julie), celebrates her 50th Birthday on race day! She's leaving a little cake and candle at the Expo and we're going to light the candle so she can blow it out at mile 17 (then eat the cake, obviously). I thought it would be nice if we could all sing Happy Birthday to her as well!! She's estimating it will take her 3 hours 20 min to reach mile 17 so if supporters could get their best singing voices ready I'm sure she'd really appreciate it!!

Thanks

Aitch - group 2 co-captain
  • Options

Hi Group 7ers,

Thanks to all of you supporters who will be there at mile 17,  I know I'm going to need all the support I can get. I'm going to be 60 this year so this marathon (my first for over 30 years) is going to be my swan-song. The training has gone pretty well, had a scare about 7 weeks ago when I thought I'd torn a calf muscle but after 2 weeks rest it's all cleared up.

Don't know about the rest of you but I'm starting to get a little less confident about the run now, not too sure why but I'm sure it will go ok, hopefully finish in around 4.10

Thanks again

SM

• Options

Plenty of rest for these last few days, then.

I shall try to bring some bananas, but unfortunately I am
    travelling to FLM in the company of a banana-phobic. I shall
    have to try and conceal them in layers of packaging or something.

• Options
    WombleWomble ✭✭✭
    As long as the banana-phobic can't smell them you'll probably be alright image Where are you going to store them between purchase and mile 17?
  • Options
    In a sealed bag in a ruckack?
  • Options

3 additions to group 7

Forum name: YP1– Group 7
    I don't have any special requests other than maybe a hug, a bit of motivation and a couple of jelly babies.  Number 24558, purple Kirkstall Harriers vest, aiming for 3:45ish.

Forum name: cazmo78– Group 7
    My race number is 50908 could do with some shouts of Caz/Cazmo will be wearing a SIA (Spinal Injuries Association vest). Some jelly babies might be a nice welcome too!
    hoping to finish around 4hr 30min to 4hrs 45mins so should be at 18mile around 3hrs 45mins possibly.

Forum name: Archiebald.justgiving.com/archiesmarathon – Group 7
    Race number: 48829
    Estimated time to mile 17:   3hrs 30 mins maybe??!!
    What you'll be wearing: A sky blue Kids Kidney Research vest with Archie on the front
    Any special needs*: Jelly babies would be great and maybe a banana

• Options
    I noticed a suggestion on the main thread
    that RW runners could wear green ribbon as
    an additional aid to identification. . . .
  • Options

Hi group 7!!

I am starting to get so excited/nervous now i am bouncing off the walls!!  Thanks so much for doing this, is very much appreciated!  I am hoping to keep up a 12/min mile pace so hopefully my time above is fairly accurate. 

I should probably mention I'm of Indian origin as that is a pretty distinguishing feature!! Will also try and get my green ribbon sorted! Would you like me to bring anything to the expo?  Some bumper packs of Jeely Babies or anything?

• Options

Hello, I've just been added to Group 7.  Details as follows...

Forum name - YP1
    Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum) - Helen
    Race number - 24558
    Estimated time to mile 17 - approx 2:25
    What you'll be wearing - purple kirkstall harriers vest, either black ron hill capris or shorts, probably black armband
    Any special needs* - none other than maybe a hug, a bit of motivation and a couple of jelly babies/slices of orange