Options

Lucozade Sport Super Six: Pleased of Higham

Comments

• Options

Well done Sue!   You and DT  have set a high standard for the rest of us "improvers" on Sunday!

Look forward to meeting you then! 

• Options

It's arrived

GYR number and Lucozade running kit with hat, shorts, vest and a snazzy holdall.

Pleased to say it's not a Lucozade bottle costume as suggested by some!

• Options
    Great stuff!! Ignore my email then Sue!!
  • Options

Today’s session: 10 mins warm-up then 5 x 1000m at 10k pace (4.30 ) with 90 secs recoveries, 10 mins cool-down. By the time I got up, fed the dogs, washed up, had a cup of coffee, there was no time for breakfast, Ann knocking on the door 7.30 sharp. Leave the house with Body Fuel, that will keep me going, it’s actually stopped raining so I should come home dry. 10 minutes warm up to the Lakes and raring to go (not), tired today, still must solider on.  I’ll measure the 1000m sections, Anne’s in charge of recoveries. No runners up and about yet but plenty of dog walkers watching these two mad women running up and down. 

Lap 1          Time: 4 mins 27 secs    Pace: 4.25/km  7.07/ml (in old money)                    

90 seconds

Lap 2          Time: 4 mins 21 secs    Pace: 4.23/km  7.04/ml                    

90 seconds

Lap 3          Time: 4 mins 32 secs    Pace: 4.30/km  7.14/ml (getting hard work now)                           

92 seconds (whoops missed the signal)   

Lap 4          Time: 4 mins 23 secs    Pace: 4.23/km  7.02/ml                   

95 seconds (getting stone out of shoe)

Lap 5          Time: 4 min 33 secs      Pace: 4.31/km  7.17/ml      

( This was the hardest one, legs felt like lead, didn’t want to work at all, I even  felt like stopping, no, must keep going, Can’t muster a speedy finish but must get to the end) 

Steady cool-down home, quick shower and off to work, took a banana, the rest of the body fuel and some brown bread for breakfast to eat at my desk. Job Done.  Rest now until tomorrow evening, 65 minutes easy and believe you me it will be easy.          

• Options
    Another great session. well done. You held it together really well and hit the targets almost spot on. Enjoy the rest until the recovery run
  • Options

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/Pleased-of-Higham/RunningVestSS.jpg

Like the vest top, wasn't sure about the short shorts but tried them on and they look fine,  just need some fake sun tan now for the top of my legs.
  • Options

Sorry I missed you had done a PB on Sunday, congrats.

It was tough with dodging the large puddles and there were a few little hills and hairpins to negotiate so you did fantastic. Plus another great speed session above, I can only dream of going that quick.

Looking forward to meeting up again this weekend and then the following weekend too. What section are you in for the GYR?

• Options

Last nights sesion, 65 mintues easy and I promised myself it would be just that.

Ran with Sam as usual, I did'nt even take my watch because I knew we would be influenced by pace, just go with the flow tonight. Chose a well trodden route and for once no rain. Set off at a comfortable conversational pace, chatting away, catching up with our weekend news. Continue like this until I realise we had stopped talking for some time and the pace had steadily  increased, let's slow down this is a recovery run. Had to pull the reigns in several times during the course of the run. Carried no drink, not satisfied with water anymore and have run out of Body Fuel, starting to crave the sugar boost having not eaten since lunchtime.

Journey home was very difficult, facing a fierce headwind, the type that stops you in your tracks. Head down and push for home. The nights are drawing in and we had to negotiate the puddles along the old railway track in the dark, can't see where we're going. Walk the last five minutes to stretch our legs.

Left the house at 7.10pm back by 8.30pm - covered the 65 mintues, no idea of pace but an enjoyable uncomplicated run.

• Options

How nice!  I'm all out of enjoyable uncomplicated runs at the moment! image

• Options

Hi Sue

Good to see that all is going well. Well done on your PB last weekend - you may even go better this week with a less twisting course.

Sorry I haven't posted much recently but have been getting all the info from Sam when we run on Thursday nights.

Must catch up soon (that will be me doing the catching up seeing your recent times!!)

Kate image

• Options

Hi Kate

I'm a little worried about Sunday as I am starting in the last wave so there will be a lot of peope in front of me.image

Ran with Sam last night, 65 minutes easy(ish).

Two hour easy scheduled for next Saturday but we are all in London for our Liz Yelling training day, really looking forward to that so I shall be running on Sunday (14th), perhaps we could meet up for a lap around Pitsford, it would be great to catch up and I'd enjoy your company.

• Options

That sounds like a plan but I presume you will appreciate my company in the car park before and after running as there is no way I will keep up with you!! image

• Options

I promise to take it easy.

RW have just uploaded my video diary, check it out on my profile page,(link at the top) there are a few people you'll recognise on it.

• Options
    How can you be in the pink wave when I'm in Green??   Makes no sense to me at all!
  • Options
    Just watched your video Sue - it's fab.... and haven't you got great posture (blogging and posing for pictures picture!)
  • Options

Great video Sue! I recognise some of those places as well as the people!

Does this mean I have to wear full make-up to run with you! Oh, the pressure..... image

Hope to see you next week.

• Options

Thanks Girls

I made the video weeks ago but had real trouble uploading and stuff!! Glad it's up there now.

Kate: You look lovely with or without make up.

Tracy: My familly call me Mary Poppins when I ride a bike, makes my running style a little stiff, wish I could be more relaxed.

• Options

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/Pleased-of-Higham/NewKit.jpg

The shorts don't look that bad, now I've made it public I will wear it on Sunday no matter what my daughter says. Running in it tonight with friends to try it out, no doubt get my leg pulled but I'm big enough to handle it.

• Options

Shorts look fine.

Maybe if you get to the front of your wave you might get more of a clear run initially than if you were in one of the early ones and hopefully the slower ones form the wave a head will have a  fair start ahead of you and by the time you do catch them, it will be well spread out.

• Options

Thanks Steve

I'll be a nervous wreck with all the waiting. I'll make sure I get to the front and all the team will be at the finish to cheer me through.

• Options

Short video of the Nike+ 10K Human Race, Wembley Stadium
  • Options

Last night was cake and run. 

Meet up with my friends, had a lot of encouragement about the team kit so felt much more comfortable about it. Heading out for our usual Thursday night run around the town, need to ensure we run 10 minutes 10K pace in the middle.  10 minutes warm up gets us to the top of the dreaded hill. Jim’s sporting an injury so Anne kept him company while Chris and I up the pace. No signal amongst the houses so I can’t register our pace but we are most definitely running faster than 4.30/km, Chris is a faster runner and he is ambling along while I’m chasing his tail trying to keep up. Weave in and out of the streets; it’s amazing how much distance we covered within the 10 minutes. 

Turn back to meet up with Anne and Jim, spend time fiddling with my watch trying to get some stats, but it wasn’t offering up any hope, think the GPS must have been switched off. We certainly put the effort in and from the feel of our pace it would surprise me if we weren’t well on target. Feel good, I enjoyed that.  Take an easy run back home together, time for a social run with my friends.

Back to Anne’s for (you’ll like this DT) chocolate sponge cake, coffee and chat.

Total running time 50 minutes.

• Options

Hi Sue

Like the running kit - looks very cool in both senses of the word! Your run sounds more enjoyable than the hilly 4-miler we did last night although Sam didn't seem to struggle at all - then again, he never does.

Good luck on Sunday - am sure you will do well.

Kate

• Options

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/Pleased-of-Higham/TeamLucozadeSportSix.jpg

Bupa Great Yorkshire 10K Run, Sheffield 7th September 2008

We had a really special day today, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting up with all you guys at last, don't we make a handsome team.

Race report and video coming soon, very tired after the early start just going for something to eat.

• Options
    Looking forward to the report.
  • Options

Sorry - Last to report. Stayed in Sheffield to take our daughter to the Vivienne Westwood exhibition, it was excellent. So very tired when we got home.

Like all the team we had a very early start, left the house at 5.30am for the 2 hour drive to Sheffield. Made sure I had some breakfast but took goodies, coffee etc. with us for later. Journey was easy all the way, straight into an almost empty car park, straight onto the tram and in the City Centre by 8.10am. Met James en-route from his hotel he had not long got up (lucky thing) had a huge breakfast and was off to the pod to meet all of us. Not wishing to be the first to arrive we took a wander around the centre trying to make sense of all the starting pens, apparently, the race was staggered so as not to stop the trams, that could have caused a nasty incident. Time to go back to the pod, meeting all the team was like meeting up with old friends we have got to know each other so well. Enjoyed being treated like a celeb, caused a few stares while we were being photographed, does wonders for your ego. Jason and Catherine are the first to leave their race starts at 9.29am, Tracy is next for the Green start leaving Bryan, Guy and I to amble to the Pink start according to the announcer this is where the stragglers need to go, charming. Enjoy chatting with the guys, quick warm up and we are lead to the start line. Good luck everyone, and we’re off. Fast downhill start, try and clear the crowds as quickly as possible and find my own bit of space. Out onto the dual carriageway, crowds a little thin on the ground, never mind, just focus on the job in hand. Legs feeling a little tired, not a good start, but my heads in charge today. Catch up with some large groups and have to start weaving in and out to find a break, concentrate. Half way point collect a bottle of water, drink a little the rest I squirt over my legs for a cool down, keep ploughing on, now heading for home. Took advantage of the shower like DT, very welcome, head down starting to smell home. Feel good, sure I’m keeping a constant pace but I  forgot to put on a pace band, lost my signal early on so no pace there,(as Jason would say, Garmin you are sacked) have not seen more than two km markers so have to work out how fast I’m going with mental arithmetic and guess work.
  • Options

Start a steady incline, 800m marker, look at my watch I’m on for a PB. Now I knew about this hill, I knew it was steep but I think I must have forgotten to tell my legs. People all around me are walking, keep going, it’s only 600 metres, grit my teeth, it’s getting the better of me, it flattens in a few metres and I can sprint to the end, up my pace slightly but not a lot more to give, over the finish line: 48 mins 27 secs  Rats! Try to raise my hands and smile for the photographer but must look tortured and disappointed, why be so cruel and put that hill at the end, sorts the men from the boys I guess. Collect my medal and goody bag and wait for Guy and Bryan. Guy finishes with a huge grin, new PB “Well done”, meet up with Bryan who had ploughed up the hill with no problem, “Well done” just me weak and feeble then. Walk back together for more photographs and a VIP lunch in such esteemed company as the Major of Sheffield, missed the Elite Runners they’d been and gone.

Sorry I can give no data from my Garmin other than time but from the Bupa website

3km 14.01  5km 23.59  5 mile 38.36 (not far off track I think)

Position in Vet category F45 – 4th (now I am pleased with that)

Today was about the race, but it was also about meeting up with the team. Thanks guys for making it such a great day and James and the gang for their hospitality. I am looking forward to getting together again on Saturday, promises to be another great day. See you then.
  • Options

Here's some video footage of the day, if it does'nt upload on the post please use this link (thought I'd got this media thing sussed)    Great Yorkshire Run

• Options
    Great report Sue and video! I never saw your partner/daughter?? (I assume) out on the course!!! I would of waved otherwise!! Apologies to them.