Options

Blisters

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pleasure. How is the running going?
    I sprained my ankle on Tuesday night - now resting it - not happy!
  • Options
    Me too! Bust my knees. Been resting 2-3 weeks. Feel like crying as I have finally found something I love and I have to rest.

Was going for the 5k Flora Birmingham run. Got my stuff through yesterday and I am really sad that I can't compete.

How did you do your ankle ? You poor thing. x

FP x
  • Options
    I'm really sorry to hear about your knees.

My ankle has been weak for years, just slipped slightly on Tuesday in the wet and sprained it.

Feels much better today. Another forum recommended Cod Liver Oil and Glucosamine for joints.

See how it goes. Cannot wait to get going again. I am so into it. I was a right tubby at school. In the 'get picked last' brigade but now I feel great.
  • Options
    Me too x Well not tubby but really unfit and bad at sports.

Are you taking those things? Is it helping? Have still gone to the gym and doing leg strenthening excersises and Cross trainer to keep up new found fitness. You on a plan? How far are you getting now?

FP x
  • Options
    Gave up smoking in May.

Started x-training and running in June.

Do 3 * 5k per week and one run of about 6.5miles per week.

just started the vitamins today. It feels great! kidding - will let you know in a couple of weeks.

• Options
    Oh my god! I wish I was doing that :-( I was only on 4mins run and 1min walk when my knees packed up :-(

Keep up the good work, you are doing great x

What is the run you are doing in October? x

FP x
  • Options
    thanks nicky you are very sweet. i think i am doing too much too soon though, hence the ankle. i am doing the great south run in october. it is a ten mile event. getting scared! x
  • Options
    I bet you're scared! I'm scared about a diddley 3k I have coming up x

I am trying to be sensible and train real slow, but it is so easy to overtrain, I know I would overtrain if I didn't have this forum to turn to. I was already not eating enough for the training I was doing.

So you only have 3.5 miles to add onto your run by October. You are good! You will be there in no time at all. In fact you could probably do that now. Are you still excersising at all with bad ankle?

I am seeing a chiropracter re. knee and back. It seems that I am hyper-extending my leg and the muscles in my thigh pull a different way to the ones on my shin, therefore hurting my knee and my back was arching and making me stick my bum out - He he! So have had two sessions. Next one Tuesday, then on to Sports Massage and Osthetics. I want my body to be ready to accept what I am about to do to it. I want to run forever not for a few months then get injured.

Thought about seeing someone re. your weak ankle Craig?

FP x
  • Options
    Where is your pic?

FPx
  • Options
    god you have got it all planned out eh? very wise. sounds very funny with your bum stuck out when running. i am at work just now but may try and get a photo up at the weekend. x
  • Options
    m.ittenm.itten ✭✭✭
    just writing a reply to disable email notification from this thread - it is driving me nuts!!
  • Options
    Craig and Fairy Princess - have you exchanged email addresses and arranged to race together yet????
  • Options
    Whenever I run anything over 6 miles my toes get very bruised and I get blisters on the ends of my toes. I did 10 miles on Sunday, which left my toes bruised, did 8 miles last night (thursday) and now my feet are killing me! The nails now appear to be very 'raised', has anyone any solutions?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Laraine
  • Options
    Compeed do a blister stick (lubricant) which must be something like the Body Glide some of you have mentioned. Don't know about the BG but Compeed is readily available in high street chemists.

I gort blister on my insteps so tried relacing my shoes for high insteps - i found the tips somewhere on this site.
  • Options
    HELP! After 10 years+ blister free running I'm suddenly being victimised by HUGE ones on the instep of my feet. Not changed my shoes, socks or anything but these blisters are mammoth and agony. Just ran Salford 10K this morning with freshly healed feet and wore compeeds just in case. The compeeds moved and now I have a fresh saucer sized (OK may be exaggerating a little) blister on each foot. Got the Nice Half Marathon next weekend and have no idea how I'll get through without blistering - especially since the area is so sore already. Any ideas?
  • Options
    I have got one large blister on heel of both feet. Both popped during training if I use compeed plasters will this stop skin from drying up and healing quicker, need to get back to training asap and heels very painful.
  • Options
    I have always suffered with blisters. Whenever I got about 6 miles into a run I could feel the blisters forming. I bought a pair of X-Socks performance and I have since run a half marathon and a 16 mile training run completely blister free. Highly recommended
  • Options
    I don't usually suffer from blisters that often, I have gotten to know the power of body glide! However last week I ran 10 miles, not one of my usual distances. I ended up with this monster blister on the bottom of my big toe. I wasn't going to pop it but after 4 days I couldn't help it! I thought popping it would help and it was going to pop eventually. Well, it didn't help. In fact it's really hard to run on now. I doubt just putting a bandaid on would help, but I am up for anything! After reading these articles I am really sorry I popped it. Does anyone have any suggestions for this dilema?
  • Options
    Zinc tape is the answer, I've used it since I was in the Artmy and put it round the vulnerable spots on my foot before I go out. No blisters. I rushed out without doing it recently and guess what blisters one on each foot.
  • Options
    zinc tape.....? can you get it from the chemist or is that a silly question!
  • Options
    I've just finished a course of antibiotics for a blister on the sole of my foot which became infected. It was so sore, I could hardly walk and today is the first day I've been able to run for 10 days. Blisters are pants :-(
  • Options
    I dont wear any socks when running. Got blisters when i first started doing it but now hardly ever get any blisters. Recently completed the Marathon des Sables which is infamous for giving people really bad blisters and i must have been one of a very few who dident get any blisters at all.

You can get zinc oxide tape from a chemist - boots sell it - i just need to get some blisters now so i can get some use of the roll i brought!
  • Options
    i'm a high school Cross Country runner and i love it but today we a 6 mile hill workout on un level ground which means constant rubbing making my three blisters WAY BIGGER! ! ! we run every day so they never get a chance to heal and i don't know what to do! any suggestions?
  • Options

Can I "bind" my feet with micropore tape do you reckon?

I did my first 10K about 5 weeks ago and have not been able to run since due to a blister and bad joints. Started again this week and going great guns apart from where my blister was.....its like the area is on FIRE!

Shoes fit fine and have some compede Blister Stick but its not new blisters that are the problem but rather the scar tissue from my old one. 

• Options
    I have just upped the mileage and I too have blisters on the underside of my little toes ouch!!  I think it is just from a comibation of upping mileage slightly and I run road and treadmill occasionally....
  • Options

Hi

I used to get blisters a few years ago and tried everything, until someone advised to wear 2 pairs of socks.  I wear one very thin pair and then a pair of running socks (1,000 mile ones) and have never looked back.

• Options
    The only thing that gives me blisters is the logos sewn on cheap socks! The socks would be fine if it wasn't for them.
  • Options
    I have been running for twelve years and cannot remember a time when i have not suffered from blisters. Wearing two pairs of socks did help me but my feet stank!! I have recently been using salavation (mama nature) and it stops the rubbing therefore the blisters. Also great for healing existing blisters. Hope this is useful to my fellow runners.
  • Options
    > @Duck said:
    > do you pop blisters or just leave them?
    Never pop your blisters. They will heal up, harden, an eventually fall off. Also, I heard iodine can help to heal them. Has anyone tried?
    <iframe height='454' width='300' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='https://www.strava.com/athletes/2146088/latest-rides/2d71f42475017af06c1303352d135dcd4026aab0'></iframe>