Options

Sunday 20th April

Morning all

What: have to admit that throat glands were up yesterday so `flunked' on bike ride and short run on Sat. So will do at least an hour today. Meeting my mate @ 9am for our first post FLM run together.

Just recovering from a dinner party of much lager and wine (yes we do have dinner parties in Barnsley)!

If there's one run in a week that is sacrosanct it is Sunday.

Good luck to all of you who are currently in the Land of Nod.

Comments

• Options
    ok
    I plan 6 miles tomorrow
  • Options
    Is that today or tomorrow hippo?
  • Options
    BodBod ✭✭✭
    Sitting here waiting for crunchy nut cornflakes to digest then off for 10 mile. Since FLM ran 2 mile tue, 3 mile thur now hope to be back in the swing of things
  • Options
    Barnsley, take it easy but I know what you mean about "The Sunday Run"

What: 2hr long run, maybe longer if the winds against me on the way home.

Why: It's easter & it's a good oppotunity to train hard & rest for a few day's

Last hard: Folkestone 10 Fri.
    Last rest: Thur
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning all. Thought I sneak on while the guests sleep.

What:will try and fit in a 5 mile easy run today
    Why:racing 10k tomorrow
    Last:hard:a week ago!!
    Last rest:nearly all this week

BR-hope you feel better soon. I too have a rotten cold as long as it stays off my chest I'll still race tomorrow. Thinkers crossed!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Not "Thinkers!" I mean fingers!!
  • Options
    Will be taking Mr L (who will post as Elbeno) out for his first training session of run/walk this morning.

My own legs still have a tiredness in them from FLM, so will "go back to the floor" and test out run/walk. Might be a nice little speedwork session for me anyway as I'm sure he'll be running quicker than my normal pace.
  • Options
    What - Some cross trainer and cycle and some toning exerises, especially for the big butt and stomach
    Why - Legs ache slightly from yesterday, will rest them today
  • Options
    Hmmm - feet hurt after yesterday (only did 5 miles - think i bruised bones last weekend) - may try 5 miles again later as am drinking tonight... Wanted to go swimming training tonight but my mate is leaving for Aus tomorrow - so have to run before see him. Am now training for a surprise event he will enter me for in Aus!!!!!

Should i be running with my feet??? (and i don't want the advice that i should use my hands...)
  • Options
    Did my first ever fell race yesterday, up Rivington Pike and down again, and I WASN'T LAST (but the guy who finished just after me was V70).

Legs not too bad today, but hip joints a bit sore from the downhill impact, so:

What: 3 mile gentle recovery plod
    Why: see above
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Thursday
  • Options
    Today, BR
    OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo
    My ankles are aching in anticipation
  • Options
    Happy racing to any who are today.

what: 7 mile acceleration run, sort of speed work on a treadmill.
    why: Because I like this one.

last hard: 3 weeks ago - marathon in Connemara, fabulous place and a must for anyone, end of March again nest year see you there.
    last rest: yesterday

Thats a bit confusing, I have been running in the time between but just 4 or 5 milers, my training proper continues from now.
  • Options
    What does the acceleration run involve Sarcy? I can sort of envisage it has something to do with constantly pushing the pace up, but more precise details?

It sounds like my kind of work out :-)
  • Options
    Just finished a Long Slow 16 miler in 2 hours 18. My longest run to date as I slowly build to a end of Summer Marathon. I must say I really am quite knackered. The gardening needs doing today but it's got no chance the way I feel.

Happy racing to the racers.
  • Options
    Congrats Lynne, that sounds like a good race.

Hilly, can't believe you're racing already! Don't think I could muster any speed yet ('speed' being relative term here)

What: 4-5 miles
    Why: still recovering.

Have a good day everybody.
  • Options
    Greetings all, first post FLM run for me today, though I've been walking as usual during the week.

What 5.5 miles easy
    Why just easing back into things
    Last hard: last Sunday
    Last easy: resting all week

Had a good run. OK so it was slow but that's all I was aiming for plus I have a minor cough so didn't want to push it at all. Legs feel strong, and really enjoyed it.

Felt good to be running again.
  • Options
    Happy Easter Peeps!!!

what: will try 18M today. My longest run ever.
    Good luck for tomorrow, Hilly.

Have a great day/training/resting/recovering.

• Options
    Sorry, it should be 18k, not miles.
  • Options
    Run completed. I think it's just confined to throat and head so I'll carry on training as normal.

Well done Lynne. Fell racing is a different ball game altogether isn't it?

I was also the penultimate finisher in my first and only fell race.

It was at the Reeth (N.Yorks) show 3 years ago and I thought that it would be a group of local people running up and down a hill so I'd so it for a bit of fun.

19 hardened fell racers turned up. I was 16th at the top of the hill then rapidly lost contact with everyone as they flew downhill and all I could think was how to avoid getting injured.

I finished 19th because one bloke went the wrong way and was last!

Would not do one again as it seems a good way to get injured.
  • Options
    Morning everyone.

What: 4 miles run @ 10k pace.
    Why: preparing for 10k racing
    Last rest: Monday
    Last hard: Thursday
  • Options
    Fruity Reindeer, good name, my acceleration run today was 1 mile @ 9 min/mile then 1@ 8.30, 1 @ 8, 1 @ 7.30, 1 @ 7, 1/2 @ 6.30, 1/2 @ 8 and 1 @ 9 to finish.

I do like these runs on a treadmill, the distance can be varied sometimes to half mile intervals or the time can be done instead.
  • Options
    4.4 miles

Still tired
    but getting back to it
    Now off to the hozzie
  • Options
    hilly - a 10K tomorrow! you're amazing, how do you do it? best of luck anyway.

well done, Lynne.

benz - you're not seriously off to work, are you? hope the run went well and you're recoverng nicely.

what: 12M along the towpath and up into Richmond Park, windy but warm, but so much pollen about ... anyone else starting to suffer?

hope all you FLM recoverers are doing nicely.

have a good one, folks.
  • Options
    yes achilles, i am, a patient needs sorting
    im the only renally qualified doctor on duty today, and the juniors wont know what to do, so its quicker if i see him
    Been on call all week, cant wait for a bevvy or 10 tomorrow

Cant imagine running 12 miles
  • Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    What: Took the dogs out along the canal at Swarkestone for a couple of hours early this morning. Saw a woman in Chellaston on the way back absolutely flying - never seen her in any races though.

I'll be going out for 3/4 miles steady later with a mate who wants to get fit to take a pilots licence and needs help.

• Options
    afternoon all

where's this promised rain then? Would you believe that there are cricket grounds all round Merseyside in desperate need of a good soaking!

what: the usual Sunday routine - very slow 25 mins or so with Matthew, then easy 55 mins later including 1 significant hill

why: best time to fit in a long(ish) run.

last hard day: Mon
    last rest day: Can't count yesterday, so Tuesday's gentle bike ride will have to count

Really stiff again after another long innings yesterday. If this were a cricketing forum, I'd be full of stuff about League PBs. But it isn't, so I'll have to make do with moaning about running like a 3-legged donkey instead.

Good luck tomorrow Hilly - take care - FLM was only last week.
    Ditto Barnsley with that throat

Well done LynneW - not a type of event I've dared to have a crack at!
  • Options
    Afternoon All,

Hilly,
    best of luck with the race tomorrow, I'll be interested to hear how it goes so soon after London as I've been roped into racing on Wednesday.

Achilles,
    I'm amazed that you voluntarily did 12M today, I went out for a steady 8M and got lost!! Couldn't believe it. Ended up doing about 13M, totally shattered now, afternoon nap looking inevitable ;-)

Popsider,
    is this Swarkestone / Chellaston in Derbyshire? If so I must be out your way when I'm riding my bike, usually do a loop from Beeston taking in Swarkestone, Aston-on-Trent, King's Newton, Isley Walton, Castle Donnington etc.

Right, I'm going for a kip.
  • Options
    My 2hr run was an out & back. I went out in 1hr & came back in 58min so I'm quite pleased. I dicided to give this counting up to 100 thing Paula does ago. Straight away I found it helpful, it took my mind off the strong wind. My route was all along the flat seafront & accross the road through thr golf course to Sandwich which is low on traffic. I was counting away quite happily about 50m from home & I smacked my hand against a lamp post. It's a bit bruised now!
    I will give this counting thing another go but not when I cross the road!
    Anyone else tried counting?