Options

Tadworth 10

...'spose I ought to be thinking about making my application.

Can 'Godfather of Soul'  help out with a standing order entry please to save me the time of filling out the forms each year?

Oh, and I'd like a 'Gore' long sleeve wicking windstopper top (£75 from Sweatshop, P & P extra)  in the goody bag this year please.

Fank U! image

Comments

• Options
    Hee hee image  I was thinking about what might be in the goody bag this weekend!
  • Options

Wot - at the Epsom 10?

A brass horse shoe would be appropriate, considering where it's starting from - like you get at the Hastings Half. 

• Options
    Now Snoop Dog, you know it is always a secret.   However I like the idea of a Horse Brass, but can I say "How Much do Hastings charge for their entry?"   Tiger sorry we cant come up with the Beer, but you never can tell whats in the Goody Bag.   So Snoop Dog, "Get on  up" and enter to join in the fun, you know you love Ebbisham Lane.
  • Options

I entered the Taddy 10 last week,  but couldn't navigate through the tortuous online system (has anyone ever managed successfully to enter by that method?), so used old fashioned snail mail, which seems to have worked, as my £9 cheque has been cashed today. image note to race organisers - adopt the RW online entry system - it's user friendly, and  works!

Yes, Hastings charges double the entry fee of the Taddy 10, so please don't follow them, albeit theirs is a worthy race with a good charitable donation.

A lady from Epsom Allsorts I spoke to at the Epsom 10 on Sunday said she was hoping for the Taddy 10 to come up with some socks - maybe that's not very suitable as sock size requirements seem to differ from person to person.

But hey, anything's better than a bumbag! image

• Options

Hi Snoop Dogg,

Thanks for your info on the entry system.  As you know we have always used R/W online system, but this year we decided to give Sports Systems a go.   I will forward your remarks to our Race Director.  I would mention that we also give a large amount of our fee, to people like The Royal Marsden, The Childrens Trust, and last year we sent a cheque for a resonable amount to Help the Heroes, we will  do the same this year.  I remember how much you enjoyed the bumbag.

• Options

Excellent stuff from the lovely people at Tadworth, GoS.

You know, that bumbag may become a collectors item one day in the future - my 6 year old nephew kept his conkers in them last autumn, and I dare say there's been some other wired 'n' wonderful uses found for this strange item of attire.

• Options

I loved the bumbag. Used it for a half ironman this September - filled with jelly babies which i chomped through during the bike section. Magic!

Looking forward to finding out what delights are in the goody bag this time round.

Mmmmm, yummy jelly babies...

• Options
    Looking forward to this but have to ay the online entry system was shocking when compared to Runners World.   The pages where you enter personal details and create a password aren't encrypted (only the payment site).
  • Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

Applied on Sunday (28th) & got my number today - impressive.

I hear there are a number of hills - anybody know the race profile?

• Options

Hills?  Maybe one or two!  That's why we call it "challenging"!

For a race profile visit the MapMyRun site and tick "Show Elevation".

• Options

Anyone know if it's too late to enter?

Will there be entries on the day?

I really want a bumbag...

• Options
    Hi Richard.   I think you will be OK to enter on the day.   Cant guarantee a Bumbag,  did  that a few years ago.   By the way alow extra to time to enter on day.   Entries are in the weighing room of The Queens Stand  of the race course, and the start is about 1/4 mile up on the Downs.   See you there.
  • Options

OMG - it's going to be sub zero up there on the Downs at that time of day!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2339

• Options
    Thats great, thanks for that, see you Sunday!
  • Options
    Snoop Dogg wrote (see)

OMG - it's going to be sub zero up there on the Downs at that time of day!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2339

It's alright for some - some of us will be marshalling in the car park for a couple of hours beforehand and then running!

And spare a thought for those at the drinks stations - it won't be a day to get a cupful of water knocked over you by some clumsy oaf of a runner who can't pick up cups properly.  Not that I've ever managed to do that, oh no  <cough, cough>.

See you all there....

• Options

I'm going to really try my best not to fall over this year!

It was so tough last year, being led off the course and forced to sit in a marshall's car with a mug of hot chocolate ...

• Options

let's hope there is not quite as much ice on the roads as last year!

• Options

Hi everyone,

can you tell me, is there a time limit on this the event? i have not done anything for months and am considering giving this a go....just a bit scared about my ability.

thanks!

• Options

Hi Natrie,

There's no time limit.  Last year a lady was determined to complete the course, even though she walked all the way and took nearly 2 1/2 hours!

Even if you're last, you'll be assured of a huge welcome when you reach the end.

http://www.tac.org.uk/Lasthome.jpg

• Options

Got my number this week

See you all there image

• Options
    Weather is looking good.  No ice on the course, but it is going to be cold, so dig out those gloves, and hats.   Be on time. Have a good run, see you all there. 
  • Options
    Good news is the grot at the bottom of Ebbisham Lane is gonna be OK which should take a few seconds off your time.
  • Options
    Just wanted to be the first to say thanks to all for a really great race today! I really "enjoyed" it if you count the pain and blisters as enjoyment! Thanks to the jelly baby guys and all the marshalls!
  • Options
    Hats off to everyone out there today  It was blooming freezing! image
  • Options

I missed it completely as some twit decided to reconfigure his hatchback using the central reservation of the A3 and the police thought it would be a good idea not to set up a diversion while they closed the road to get the recovery truck through.  I was stationary on the A3 for an hour, initially in civvies but, as it looked like I was going to be there a while, I changed into my running gear in the hope of shaving in with seconds to spare before the start.  But I was still sitting there at 10:35, a half an hour's drive from Epsom.

So, my 10 mile LSR was a lonely affair around the lanes of south west Surrey.  I still did it in 90 minutes, though!

I hope everyone who went had a good day.  Maybe next time.

• Options
    Flippin eck that was hard work - thoroughly enjoyed it in a wishing it were over kinda way  - I'll deffo be back again next year for another dose of torture - it's not Ebbisham Lane that does it for me - although the second time up I did think I was going to die - but that last mile is a real killer - hehehehe - thanks to the oraganisers and marshalls for a great race image
  • Options
    My thanks too to all organisers and marshalls for a good event.  Not done this before for assorted reasons - main one being an aversion to Ebbisham Lane.  However, think I must be getting fitter cos Ebbisham didn't really present any problems - though the rumour of flapjacks at teh water station at the top helped.
  • Options
    I declined the flapjacks as I was having trouble breathing so I thought eating might be a bit difficult Trogs image
  • Options

I was feeling particularly peckish so I took a bit and used it as an excuse for a little walk while I ate it.image

Felt much better afterimage

• Options
    You had the right idea Trogs - it's not like me to turn down a flapjack image