Options

Tuesday 22nd April

2»

Comments

• Options
    Evening!

UPDATE:

What: AM 30km hilly bike ride on road.
    (Followed by 6hr shopping spree up town)
    PM 5 mile run at even pace, and today I counted my right strides, all staying at 85 strides a minute at random times.

Why; Triathlon training

Last Hard: Sunday

Last Rest: 13th

Now over the moon, today I bought my running/cycling outfit for triathlon, my wooden display case for my Vegas marathon medal finally arrived after two months (USPS DONT TAKE AFTER LANCE ARMSTRONG).

Cant wait for tomorrows speed work session looks extreamly hard...........
  • Options
    My longest non-running spell in a long, long time continues. However, at least this time I have managed to keep training and maintain fitness. Outsprinted my 11 year old daughter yesterday over 50 metres (giving here a 20 metre head start) but I don't think that counts.

Today: Gym. Concept 2 (getting quite addited to that) plus weights.

Why: See above.

Last rest: Last week sometime.

Last Hard: Sunday.

• Options
    Lizzy B,
    NO WAY DID YOU LIVE IN BEESTON AND KNOW ANDY ("AYUP") WATSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely flabbegasted!!!!! I am with Notts AC. Well whereabouts in Beeston did you live, I'm in Beeston myself!!! And how on earth did you ever recover from knowing Andy???? Seriously, the man is a riot and kicks the pants off me at every available opportunity.

You're right about HPP, it's not just you, the wind is against everyone regardless of which direction you're running in.

So how is Iceland?? Must be amazing, are you in Rekjavik? How's the marathon, almost been tempted by this one on a couple of occasions.

Still, can't believe you were in Beeston & know Andy. Well as Steven Wright says "it's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it".

;-)

Laura L,
    you're doing the right thing, the rest of us are just plain daft for racing so soon after FLM (fully anticipate writing long tale of woe after tomorrow nights race).

• Options
    It's an even smaller world when you consider that I went on a few dates with Dustin's best mate when I was 18 and lived in Kent!!!

I lived in Denison Street, I know Andy and CArol through Erewash RC; still keep in touch with them via email.

I live in the wilds of north Iceland, a long way from Reykjavik, in a ski resort (oh, it's a hard life...). Fantastic for running, lots of bridlepaths and mountain tracks and the weather is a lot better than anyone would expect - bloomin warm in fact!

So where are you in Beeston? and do you drink at the Vic? You'll be telling me that you know my mate Kerry the physio next ...

Hopefully doing the REykjavik marathon this year, but before that the Myvatn Midnight Sun marathon on 20 June. (
  • Options
    And you're right, Andy is barking! Bloomin' good runner though - bit of an inspiration really.

I'm now trying to think of all the runners I used to say 'hi' to in Beeston and am wondering if our paths crossed ....
  • Options
    Going to have to have an easy day tommorow - done 3 hard days in a row and i'm hoping to do a 10-mile race on sunday

What : 8 Mile Multi-Terain Fartlak
    Why : Club Nite

Last Hard : Last 3 days
    Last Rest : Saturday
  • Options
    Evening all

First run post FLM was yesterday and it was really nice. A lovely evening, ran for 45mins and didn't bother to measure how far. Today just had an easy gym session and a swim. Having an easy week this week, off on holiday for a week next week and will get back into a routine after that.
  • Options
    Good luck to those that have raced or are racing tomorrow.

What: 6x800m, 200m rec.
    2:46, 2:48, 2:43, 2:46, 2:43, 2:46
    worked hard but very pleased with session. They have nearly mended our track,so soon won't have to detour into lane 4!
    Why: I like speedwork.
    Last hard: Fri
    Last rest: Thur

It's my birthday today & I'm 36, so to do before I'm 40 is-
    Run 3 more marathons to make 10.
    Finish the next 4 County XC Champs, I will then have run 21 consecutive years! in the senior race.
    Improve my PB's

Meet more forumites!
  • Options
    Oops - makes mine seem a bit pi55 poor.

5 x 800m reps, 400m recovery.

Can't remember individual time, varied between 3:13 and 3:20

Still feeling a bit heavy in the chest department :(
  • Options
    Good session Tim. Are you following an individual programme or do you do what everyone else at your club does?
  • Options
    Lizzy B,
    I'm seriously jealous you're doing Midnight Sun, that's in Tromso, right? Always fancied this one, I'll get there one day, really looking forward to your race report, when is it? Make sure you tell us all about Rekjavik marathon too.

Sounds fantastic where you are, a bit more glamorous than King St. in Beeston, but I'm really glad to be back in the UK (returned in Nov 2001) after an 8 year stretch in the US. So the Vic is just round the corner and down the road a bit, like to get down there for a couple of jars once in a while.

Andy and Carol are great, really nice people and Andy is side-splittingly funny. He's been a bit off form lately but think he'll be going eyeballs out at the first of the Summer League races tomorrow night. He won a bunch of local races in the Vet 45 category last year so there's some life left in him yet ;-)

• Options
    Happy Birthday Big Tim
  • Options
    Barnsley,
    It's an individual session & the club do what I do!
    But I plan to make it a bit more group friendly soon
    Murf, cheers
    Fruity, it's doing them that counts!
  • Options
    Hi MM

Say Hi to Andy from 'Liz in Iceland' next time you see him (that'll shock him!).

The Midnight sun marathon I'm doing is at Lake Myvatn in north Iceland on 20 June - starts at 9.00 p.m. and I'm aiming to be finished and drinking overpriced beer before 1230! That's the plan, anyway ...

• Options
    Happy belated birthday Big Tim, it's a good age to be, take it from me...

Well, she gets around our Lizzie doesn't she! She's also been known to drink at the Sugar House as I recall. What other connections lurk on these forums I wonder.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    I've just realised that LesH who posts on FLM and Events is in my running club. Small world really!