Options

Brentwood Half 2009

2»

Comments

• Options

Well, 2 weeks to go, how is every-one feeling and how's the training going? Have done 2 12 milers now, 14 tomorrow and am hoping to be around 2.30.

I feel bad posting again when I know so many people did not get in, have any of you had any luck with people dropping out?

• Options

I'm feeling very nervous.  Not managed to do very much training so not sure how it's going to go.  Planning on a long run tomorrow though so that might help a bit.

It's actually not unusual for me to do an event with minimal training and blag it so looks like this one won't be any different!

• Options

Aaah, now me, i'm dedicated. As you can see by the time, i'm up and eager waiting to go and meet my buddy for a 14 miler.................

• Options

Boing!!!

Seeing as this is only days away I thought I'd revive it.

Also have a question, does anyone know the best place to park?  I'm a bit tight on time to get there so don't want to park miles away from the start.  I also don't know Brentwood that well (apart from the main roads through) so any advice from locals or those who've done the race before?  Thanks.

• Options

There is a multi-storey car park on Coptfold Road which will probably be your best bet. Only five minutes walk from the start. Failing that there is car park near the multi-storey on Crown St and there is also parking by the town hall on Ingrave Road. I'm alright as I live on the start line!

First time doing the race, although I've trained on the course. Undulating with an uphill finish, but still hoping for a PB.

Good luck all!

• Options
    Quite a lot of carparks in Brentwood, luckily my Mother-in-law works for the Halifax and her manager (who is running - good for him) said I can use the car park. I have heard the finish is uphill, but not too steep, going to drive the course tomorrow so i'll let you know...............image
  • Options

hi! this will be my first Half too! good luck everyone!

x

• Options
    Hello again Hummo, we seem to have 2 threads! Good luck image
  • Options

2 times 1/2, does that mean we can say we're doing a marathon image

Essex Eagle, thanks for the tips, i'll have to get the map out and find where they are.

Got my race number (1970, fed up with that cos my OH has got 1971 which is the year I was born, I wanted that one!!).  Pinned the route map up by my desk at work and wish I hadn't, scared now......

• Options
    No don't be scared! I'm excited. and no 247.