anyone else kicking the weed?

1151617181921»

Comments

• Options

excellent POimage Cold turkey is wise

not bad for me apart from a strong thought over crimboimage

• Options

Well done Hoose

Yeh I definitely had a moment of "ooooh look - a fag" on new year, but it passed.

Yay us!!!  image

• Options
  • Options

Update

had a little lapse a while back. Lasted 2 days but really couldn't get into smoking again-lol

What has done it for me is the realisation that smoking acts like a phobia.

If a smoker focusses on what they call "withdrawal" , like me thy will find that it feels very much like a "mild anxiety" (focus on it now if you are a smoker).  Nicotine causes this feeling. It is a synthetic anxiety if you like. After reading "THe nicotine Trick" I learned that when you smoke another  fag, nicotine briefly reduces that feeling before starting it off again an hour later. However your subconscious mind focusses only on the fact that a fag briefly reduces the anxiety feeling (it doesn't know it is fake -it acts instinctually) and misses out on the fact that the fags caused the problem (as it is a delayed reaction feeling). If you sub-conscious mind gets the wrong picture and sees only that fags reduce the anxiety feeling, if you force yourself  to stop smoking , you will panic!!! This is the same with phobic anxiety eg if scared of dogs. You get near to a dog (in spite of logic saying it is a big softy) you will be "seen" by sub-conscious as putting yourself in danger. If you stop taking cigs -you are viewed by subconscious as putting yourself in danger because it sees(wrongly)   fags as  making you less anxious.

testing this idea against my own experience and correcting the picture through a visualisation in the book corrected my sub-consious mis-understanding and although I had that "anxious" feeling I knew that it was not really genuine anxiety only a nicotine induced one. I  just never felt like reaching for a fag "at all". Some of the "know all's" (who know nothing and perhaps struggled when they stopped smoking) will come up with the usual platitudes and attitudes here but I am so confident in what I have learned, I am willing to put up with them and share with anybody interested. I say get "The Nicotine Trick" and you will be in no doubt and free if you smoke.

• Options

Hi, I kicked the habit 2 years ago using 'champix' from the doctors, it doesn't make you feel too good and you have the weirdest dreams but it works.  I've never looked back and will never smoke again.

My friend has just done it using them too so well worth a try.

• Options

Hi FC- mm I tried Champix and had the nightmares. The Nicotine Trick did it for me thoughimage

Well done for stopping yourselfimage I am always pleased to see a person out of it.