Options

Thursday 24th April

Right. Down to business.

Easy 5 in the morning then no doubt an agressive club run p.m. as we all try to beat ourselves up over tonight's results.

Oh yes we'll start off easy thinking about the 12 stage relays on Saturday but them someone will get a 2nd wind, then a couple of others will up the tempo and we'll be up to eyeballs out within 4 miles.

How I love running. And I also love sleep so I'll go and get some now.

Comments

• Options
    Its about time I posted on here again!

Summary of the past week or so:
    Last week, only one run, but it was a stunning 12k in Barcelona. (rest of the time sightseeing and nursing a hamstring tweak)

This week:
    Sunday: 3.5 undulating miles @7 minute pace.
    Monday: rest (and first cuckoo)
    Tuesday: 3.5 miles fell (fun)- the buzzards are getting very bold, and heard the first chiff chaff.
    Wednesday: 7.5k hilly, road and footpaths. Managed to suprise myself by keeping just sub 8 minute miling, despite changing my planned route to take in a long, steep track and field.
    Thursday: Probably 10k ish, with the club in Mortimers Forest. It may be gentle, but we have the sort of loonies who like to go completely off trail so I doubt it.

Yes, I'm really enjoying my running this week.

Well, I don't post often at the moment, but I do go on a bit when I get started!

Night night
  • Options
    Morning all. Beautiful day here - sea mist and lots of birds. Dawn chorus at 0400 and fighting seagulls from 0430. Sleep?

What: Still feeling a bit viral. So nothing.
    Instead .... five minute drive, 45 minute flight, one hour coach journey, three hour flight, two hour car journey. Yup, I'm off to Blighty for a long weekend. See y'all next week.
  • Options
    Morning all!

Just finished my 12hr shift so off to bed!

What: Resting
    Why: Yesterday was a very hard session and have physio at 4pm
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Last Rest: April 13th

Have a good one!
  • Options
    Morning.

What: Cross Training
    Why: Don't know, force of habit??
    Last Plod : Wednesday
    Next Plod : Friday.
  • Options
    Morning.

What: 14 miles cross country
    Why: Its enjoyable
    Next run: Tomorrow morning
    Last Run: Tuesday hill work for 4 miles.
    Last rest: Yesterday cos donated blood and was too tired.
  • Options
    Morning everyone.

What: 4 miles easy run
    Why: Nice run through Regents park
    Last hard: Yesterday
    Last rest: Wednesday last week
  • Options
    Haven't run since Monday.
    Reason = Migraine
    Was going to do an early run today but didn't wake up. Can't go this evening Revd Dr Ice Man is playing badminton and I need to be at home looking after the kids.
    Currently fed up Ice Maiden
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Grey and foggy in the North today - but it looks like it's starting to burn off a bit.

Ice Maiden - Migraines are hell, aren't they? Can't you manage a mile or two once RDIM gets home?

Me:
    What: Last night's 4 miler
    Why: Coz I did tonight's 2 miler last night as I was home late.

OR - maybe I'll opt for a swim, as my shins feel very tender. The orthotics are doing wonderful things for my hip, but the changed action is telling elsewhere. Gradual build up of mileage required.
  • Options
    Morning eveybody!
    I am one hour ahead of you here in Poland :)
    Did a workout in the gym yeasterday as it was raining here all afternoon - 30 min threadmill hill run, weights and abs. Resting today, tomorrow a long easy run in the forest as I took a day off. Cannot wait! Trying to build my miles....
  • Options
    Morning Folks,

right after lazing since London, its back to work today in more ways than one, (and at least I can take a break from putting up my fence!).

What : easy 6 miler
    Why : Its been so long I can't remember what this running larks about

Last Hard Run : FLM (seems ages ago)
    Last Rest : Yesterday

Have a good one all

• Options

PB. I'l reply for Nessie, Inverness is the North you know. Northern English folk may call themselves from the North but those of us in the North of Scotland know the truth.

Today - Track session gotta get some speed in those legs.

Northern PPB.
  • Options
    Morning all,

I actually did all three workouts yesterday. My run was probably the slowest 1/2 hour ever, but my heart rate was at a good training-type rate.

What: club swim (done), club run
    Why: cos I'm hoping that going to club sessions will make me faster. Also they need someone to make all the rest feel fast!

Last Hard: yesterday, but I got through all of it.
    Last Rest: Sunday and I can't wait for the next one!
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Lulworth Cove???? Never heard of it.

You're losing it, PB!

A definitely far North Nessie.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    PB-I think you've got confused, it was me running at Lulworth Cove!
  • Options
    Morning all

Have been absent for a few days - from here and from training. Have had a cold/sinusitis which laid me up in bed all day yesterday - seems like immune system is still knackered. ho hum.

No training today - but hopefully will continue with garden

Am off to Scotland at the weekend - Isle of Skye for 4-5 days rest - no phones, no 'net access, no TV just me and the Mr and a couple of books and the lovely Skye countryside. Can't wait. Back on Friday next week.

later gators
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Good morning everyone and what a miserable grey morning it is!

What:was going for a cycle, but it's going to definitely rain and I don't fancy cycling in the rain. So will go swimming instead.
    Why:running is out today as I'm being good and not running with sore thighs caused by Tuesday's 10 mile walk and 12 mile LULWORTH run PB!
    Last hard:Monday's race and Tuesday's cliff run.
    Last rest:yesterday
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Hi folks!

What: 8 miles.
    Why: just to make sure I still could. Even managed some faster bits in the last two miles. Droopy left foot at the end, but that's more a problem for walking than running, oddly enough.

Cath, have a good time away from it all! Hope the cold goes away.

• Options
    Thanks Marj -- Will do :)
  • Options
    Morning All

What: 5 Miles Fast ish
    Why: Schedule says so

Last hard: Tuesday Speed Session
    Last rest: Yesterday
    Last long: FLM

• Options
    Lulworth Cove, Worbarrow Bay, Durdle Door = concordant coastline.
    Swanage Bay, Old Harry, Poole Harbour = discordant coastline.
    (field trips long ago - and it is gorgeous in those parts)

Sorry, where was I?
    Oh yes, good morning all, especially Icey with the migraines - much sympathy!

What: I may have to skive off work to get my seven miles in, cos I've got no time later.
    Why: Starting to take root.
    Hard: Monday race.
    Rest: Tuesday (mild cricket yesterday).

Have fun.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    You're right Swerve it certainly is gorgeous around those parts. Only trouble is my thighs are now suffering from the almost vertical ups and downs!

Enjoy your break Cath!

If anyone is interested there are a few pictures of some of us taken by RichK on the Easter Bunny thread in Events. Just a few more faces to go with the names!
  • Options
    Hi Peeps,
    what: rest. Legs are not recovering from Sunday.

Have a great day!
  • Options
    What..18-19 mile long run (Leeds-Horsforth-Guiseley-Calverley-Pudsey)

Why? I'm asking myself the same question.

Last hard. Tuesday

Last easy. Yesterday (Pudsey 10k off-road bit)

Last Rest..Friday!!!
  • Options
    What: either 40 mins steady or aerobics
    Why: fast club run last night (felt fab) and quite tired
    Last hard: last night
    Last easy: don't know
    Last rest: Monday

Have fun today everyone!
  • Options
    Afternoon,

What have I done? Have been quietly congratulating myself for not to committing to another marathon immediately, log on this p.m. and find myself agreeing to enter a team for Abingdon marathon with lamb and Norfolk Dumpling! They made me do it sir.

Have a nice time in Skye Cath, that's North for most people.

Sorry about your migraine Ice maiden, really washes you out doesn;t it.

What: swim this am, bike ride later.
    Why: er, being sensible with flm recovery and doing national relays on Sat.
    last hard: flm
    Last rest: Sunday.

• Options
    Bank holidays seem to through me all out of kilter - so I'm going to well and truely kiltered as we have a succession of bank holidays through May here in Germany.

Having a bit of a nightmare at work at the moment. Yesterday had planned 40 minutes turbo trainer but could only really squeeze in 30 minutes. So did five minutes warm up then repeated three minutes hard three minutes easy - pushing HR to 170 on the hard bits. Ended up eating my dinner whilst on a conference call between 10pm and midnight!

Today: Gym session
    Why: No disasters yet and no late conference calls so should be ok....fingers crossed.
    Last rest: Last week some time.
    Last Hard: Sunday