Options

Coniston 14

13»

Comments

• Options

Well made it back from skiing  body in one piece not sure about the legs.

Forecast is not great with cold northerly and possible snow showers but that only makes it more interesting.

Anyone travelling up Saturday morning there are bad roadworks on the road from Ambleside so come in via Torver if you are coming from the south and allow time as it will be busy from the north just allow extra time for the roadworks.(they were there last weekend anyone no any differant)

Will be enjoying the beer and footy in The Crown i think there is usually a big crowd from Wesham in there good luck to everybody

Anybody else staying at the Waterhead this weekend ????

• Options

The roadworks are probably still there (don't know for sure) - in fact, as the holiday season is about to start in earnest, there are roadworks all over the Lake District.  Best advice is give yourself plenty of time whichever way you are coming.

Weather has been wet & windy all week so expect some largish puddles on the road as we go round.

It should be noted, though, that today's weather is no clue as to what may happen in Coniston on Saturday.  Last time I was over there was for a trail race in October - it was warm and sunny on the Friday, then about six weeks worth of rain fell in eighteen hours from Friday midnight causing the race (Saturday) to be rerouted off the hills and almost turned into a swimming event - all before the sun came out on Sunday morning!  Anything can happen. 

Look forward to seeing people there - have a good one everybody.

• Options

Just had my massage and ready to go for it weather permitting would like to get a 1.26 or quicker if that is possible but will be happy finishing in under 1.30 this year, pulled a muscle at 7 mile last year and had to limp to the finish.

Dont drink all the ale before i get up there !!!!!!image

• Options

Just packing my bags ready to get away at lunch time after a morning at work tomorrow.

Could do without sleet & snow & gales, but I guess it'll still be 14 miles (or even 13.8!) whatever the weather!

Good Luck

• Options
    Have a good run all . Weather report looks very 'interesting' shall we say image.Will be traveling up from Birmingham for this one (Cobra Runner) see you all there
  • Options

I am just leaving in the next ten mins.

Looking foreword to a good weekend .

Best of luck everyone.

• Options
    patrunnerpatrunner ✭✭✭

Leaving about 5.30 staying at Ship Inn will be running in East Cheshire Harriers vest with black long sleeved top underneath if the weather is going to be awful.  Not run all week been at Disneyland Paris with grandson so walked about a hundred miles though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck everyone

• Options
    Good weather for yesterday! Glad the threat of sleet was nothing but a threat, and the wind wasn't too bad. We ended up stuck in the temporary traffic lights for over half an hour so turned up late - they had even taken up the timing mats from the start by the time we found the start! Good day out though, managed to catch a good few hundred runners up even though we didn't start running til 11.15am. Nice commemorative coaster too. Hope everyone enjoyed the day, Coniston will definitely be on my list of races to do again next year (and hopefully get to the start on time image)
  • Options
    patrunnerpatrunner ✭✭✭
    Why cant I find the results online thought that was the idea of chips
  • Options

Great to meet  you Elderly 

hope everybody had a good run the wind was a bit tough in places and had a bit of a effect on the times every year i forget how tough that race really is at 9 mile in i was well inside my pb for the course but ended up 1 min slower  Brantwood got me again but happy with 1.27.27.

Did everybody get there times they were after

• Options
    Just missed by 56 seconds. Came in at 2.00.55. First time for me, wind was tough and I struggled, but finished it. Just image
  • Options
    Good time that Kelly your 56 seconds can be attributed to the strong headwind for some 6 miles  you will find your next half a lot quicker than that
  • Options
    patrunnerpatrunner ✭✭✭
    Thanks for link didnt do as well as  wanted but never mind still doing it at 58
  • Options
    My best for a half so far is 1.50, which I'm hoping to beat in Redcar next month, so looking back it wasn't too bad given the wind/undulation (that hill 11-12m was a killer!)
  • Options

Hi Pete. Great run, my best ever on that course is 91mins a helluvu long time ago. Beats the sh*t. out of my133min yesterday. I think I will have to start training 

Never mind I had a great weekend up there.

Well done everyone. What a great day.

Thaks for the results link Pete.  Just the job as I do the press reports for the club.

patrunner. I am giving you ten years.

• Options

Thanks for the results link from me too.

I enjoyed the day as always - I decided that it wasn't a day to be chasing a quick time so took it steady throughout.  Pleased to be round just inside 1:49, which is about average for me, despite suffering discomfort from a heel bruised during a trail race last week.  Think I better rest up for a few days before resuming the Windermere build up. 

• Options

Hi everyone image

I enjoyed it too. The road works were a pain. I just made it on time too.

I did just under 2hours, which I was pleased with. beats my time last year by nearly 18 minutes (I only started running this time last year)

Great views, great atmosphere- still my favourite race ever. Next for me is the Keswick half and then its windermere for me too 

• Options
    Blackpool Half this weekend then London and Windermere for me as well
  • Options

It is an ace day isn't it? It's my favourite race of the year and so far each time I ve got faster, I think I was one behind you Pete this year. I came in 23rd and i think you're the guy from Wesham who came 22nd? The wind on the far side of the lake was a bloody struggle!!

I'll be back next year.

• Options

thin white Duke it was you that was pushing me hard from mile 9 if it wasn't for the downhill you would have got me, could not stay with the two lads that came past me.

You had a great run to beat young Karl that was behind you,i better watch out for you next year i will listen for the rattling keys coming up behind me image

• Options

if you're looking for results I have then on my site too now

www.ukresults.net/2009/coniston14.html[/ur] [/p

• Options
    try again - www.ukresults.net/2009/coniston14.html - not sure where that [/p bit came from above! I didn't type that!!
  • Options
    Cheers for that john you are a star