Options

Friday 25th April 2003

Comments

• Options
    What: 5 miles (30 minutes)
    Why: Steady run - 12 stage tomorrow. I tend to race better if I don't take the day off, particularly as I'm on a short stage. I know I'm reasonably fit (hope to clock about 15:30) so today's run is just about keeping the legs ticking over.
    Last hard: 12 x 400 (avg 63s) on Tuesday
    Last rest: Saturday before last
  • Options
    Morning

What:Race Night -5K
    Why:Speed work
    Last Hard:6miler quick (4 me) last night

Have Fun
  • Options
    A very special day indeed because it is my BIRTHDAY!

What: no running, working on dissertation, and attempting to finish reading Fellowship of the Ring today
    Why: have a very sore throat which is turning into a cold :-(
    Last hard: FLM - I've run since then, but nothing that I would call "hard"
  • Options
    MikeB - some impressive times. Which club are you running for at the 12 Stages?

We just qualified from the Northern Section (23rd out of 25 qualifiers) and 3 of our best runners are now unavailable so we'll get soundly beaten. Howver we intend to go and enjoy the day.

What: steady 5 miles

Hppy Birthday Linca.
  • Options
    morning all !!
    Happy birthday Linca

What: Bluebell 8 miler.
    Why: Cos the bluebells are out & i'm in St Evenage for a course this afternoon.
    Last hard: Tuesday, 5 x 1 mile reps.
    Last Easy: Saturday.

have a fun w/e all.
  • Options
    Happy birthday Linca.

Yesterday I was a a bit naughty. Went to the gym and started with a 15 minute (3,700 metre) concept 2 row, then 30 minutes of weights but finished off with a ........15 minute run (3k) ........deh dehhhh! Couldn't resist - may pay the price today - lets see.

Today: Probably one hour mountain bike.
    Why: That seems to be my Friday groove plus looks like rain tomorrow.
    Last rest: Last week.
    Last hard: Sunday.

Back off to Munich on Sunday so may disappear again for a few days.
  • Options
    Today: rest day
    Why: did 4k in 30 mins 5/2 run walked with 2 mins walk at start.
    Tommorrow 30mins of 8/2 run walking
    Why; Schedule says so and I'm currently aiming to run 30mins continuously.
  • Options
    Good morning everyone and Happy Birthday Linca.

Yesterday I did my second ever club run. It was really hard 'cos I'm not used to speed work, but the people were really welcoming. I'll definitely go again.

Today: I'm feeling very virtuous cos ...
    What: Brick 15 Mile bike followed by 20 min run. Already done it.
    Why: So that I don't have to train at all this evening.
    Last rest: Sunday - wow that seems a long time ago
    Last hard: yesterday, club swim and club run.

I'm off the Prague for the weekend. Just another 7 1/2 hours work, then I'm off.
  • Options
    tiny tiatiny tia ✭✭✭
    Morning all

What: circuit training tonight
    Why: did long slow run last night
    Last rest day:Sunday
    Last hard: Tuesday night speed treadmill session.

Hopefully manage to do a long slow run Sat or Sunday before I go to Weymouth with family of ickle break.
  • Options
    Morning.

What : 4km plod, will attempt to go another km.
    Why: I might as well.
    Last Run : wednesday 3k race
    Las Rest: Yesterday

Happy Birthday Linca.
  • Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    Morning all - just got up - must be all this running making my tired.
    what - shortish (30 minutes to an hour) steadyish bike ride.
    why - supposed to be a rest day having done 2 hour run last night, but have entered a duathlon in a couple of weeks. Racing a 10 mile in Ranby on Sunday so don't want to hammer the bike because I'm not used to it and my legs feel it for a couple of days if I do. Is that clear or should I go through it again for those at the back?

oh and happy birthday Linca, did anyone get you a cake?
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Linca, have a great day!!

Hope you enjoy Weymouth tiny tia, never know I could be passing you without realising it!

What:15 mile bike ride followed by a 5 mile run(Brick session)
    Why:Those are the distances to do in the fast twitch tri, so thought I'd best do some training towards it.
    Last hard:Tuesday
    Last rest:Wednesday and yesterday from running, but swam and biked yesterday.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Linca!! I'll have a bit of carrot cake if you're off to Ainsleys.

:-)

What...rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and running club AGM-deep joy)
    Why..because I've done 6 days on the bounce now.
    Last hard..yesterday (18 miles)
    Last easy..tuesday
    Last rest..last Friday!!
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Linca!!!

What : 6 miles easy
    Why : Still easing back into running, yesterday was quite tough because I've had a long lay off

Last Hard : FLM
    Last rest : Wednesday

Have a good one all, and best of luck if you're racing this weekend!
  • Options
    Happy birthday Linca

Chimp sounds like you're really working on the marathon training. I'm going to do abingdon in october - gives me a clear 5months of training.

What: 4-5 miles easy + 20mins cyclecross train + a few weights and stretching + 30mins swim
    Why: Making the most of my free gym pass
    Last Rest Day: yesterday
    Last Hard Day: FLM
  • Options
    Happy birthday Linca.
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Linca, and happy Friday everyone.

What: 4 miles easy, but last mile quicker if I feel good.
    Why: Slight re-jigging of my plan - this was Wednesday's session but I was pushed for time and did Thursday's short run on Wednesday, and did tonight's rest night last night (legs sore and heavy from 3 days in a row running).

This is getting complicated!

My plan says 3 miles at marathon pace on Saturday, and 5 miles at 1 min/mile below marathon pace on Sunday.
  • Options
    nothing, in pain, please see my thread on injuries (locked knee) if you can help
  • Options
    Morning All

Happy Birthday Linca.

What: 6 Miles Hill Training
    Why: Need to build up the strength

Last rest: Wednesday
    Last hard: Tuesday Speed session
    Last long: FLM

I am starting to get race withdrawl symptons, looking forward to racing again next weekend.

Have fun all!!

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!
  • Options
    Hi Peeps,
    Happy birthday Linca!
    what: 12k
    Have a great day!
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Have a specially good day Linca.

Nothing today, nor tomorrow either. May possibly as a last minute decision run the half at Stratford (Shakespeare) on Sunday if there are spaces left, as we will be in the area anyway.

Hope knee gets sorted Fergy. Sympathy. Hate that feeling, hobling about and unable to do anything to burn off the frustration. Don't know much about knees, so can't help.
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Hippo, if we folks don't champion our end of the pack, who's going to?

In fact, we've got to shout a little louder than the others even, to make sure we're heard from the back.

Keep us posted. Yes, here.
  • Options
    Linca - Happy Birthday!! It's my birthday as well - maybe we are long lost twins?

Anyway, easy 45mins to ease myself into a beery day.....
  • Options
    Happy Birthday GR. Enjoy the beer!
  • Options
    Morning.

What: Rest.
    Why: Long one inked in for tomorrow if I can beat this cold-y thing (actually, maybe it's an allergy?). And did lots yesterday.
    Hard: Monday race.
    Rest: Tuesday.

Happy birthdays Linca & Ginger, and happy Friday everyone else.
  • Options
    Swerve, In my part of Cambridgeshire there's a lot of oil seed rape out at the moment, that could be casuing your coldy thing. Do you get hayfever at all?
  • Options
    Am knackered today - have slept since 11pm last night untill 11:30 this morning - must need it eh.

today...

What: Have 'promised' myself that I'll 'try' to go to the gym today unless Mum pays the flying visit she's been promising all week.

Why: Am away at the weekend until next Friday. Mr says it's a surprise so don't even know whether one of the hotels we're staying at or whatnot has a pool or gym or what..? Hhhmm. Might be reliant upon us exerting ourselves walking and sight seeing.

Last Hard: Wednesday (had sinusitis/cold and felt like death warmed up).

Last Rest: Yesterday. Should really have 2 rest days following Wednesday but won't get a chance to gym it until next weekend otherwise so will take it easy. Not done any swimming this week either 'cause of the abundance of children at the pool :)
  • Options
    afternoon all

wet here - has it set in for the day?

happy birthday Linca

don't you just hate it when someone does something straightforwardly in training that happens to be one of your (currently less likely looking) race targets for the year - 5 miles in 30 mins? Maybe Hippo had a point....

what: let's try the old standard of 4 x 1 mile off 1/3rd mile jog recoveries

why: to see if I'm making any progress. All miles under 6:00 with a couple under 5:55 would be nice....

last hard/hardish days: Mon, Tue, Wed (yes I'm "spiking")
    last rest day: Thu