Options

Can someone post today's dilemma please

2»

Comments

• Options

LOL - no, he was in his 50s, still living with his mum.  The end result, I left and got a new job and he carried on smelling for at least 3 more years at which point I lost touch with people still working with him. 

There was also a guy at the gym that would wear the same t-shirt all week, and leave it in his locker so it didn't even dry.  That was pretty grim in a morning when he got onto a treadmill or rower near to where we were.

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p282/scodes/somecodesgraphics/other/funny/smelly.gif

• Options
    Birds' liver don't scare me  image
  • Options
    Muttley wrote (see)

I like coffee and if others don't like the smell of it on my breath, then sorry but tough shit. It's not like smoking or having stinky pits, is it?

Fair enough Mutley, I like eating spring onions!

But when you're in a job which entails you to have close proximity to someone like a dentist leaning over me and I can't escape then I think that person should bear responsibilty for their breath. 

• Options
    My breath is as lucious as rose petals and sham pain
  • Options
    we had a candidate a few years ago we put forward for a job and they were interviewed.

interview feedback was along the lines of "yeh we liked her but she smelt. we want to see her again but could you have a word with her about this issue?"

OK - in at the deep end. luckily she was from an ethnic background with strong food flavours (she smelt of BO by the way not these!!) so we suggested that she back off with the spicy food before the next interview and make sure her clothes didn't smell of food as the client had noticed some fragrances which was a little distracting (I won't go on about candidates who interview after a beer or 2!)

perfect - she got the job!
  • Options
    I once worked on a small team and one of the ladies personal hygiene was woeful...she smelt of stale fags, beer, BO, her hair was greasey and lifeless, even feet smelt terrible.She was a nice enough person and would do anything for the rest of us on the team...BUT...BUT... no one...colleagues, managers or  HR would tackle the problem. A sad reflection on the skills of the supervisors and management.      
  • Options

I cant stand people with smelly breath, only I am never brave enough to suggest a mouthwash or breath mint.  *tries to do that cupped hand breath smell thing*  Just checking...

I would get someone else to tell them, I am far too polite to tell someone they stink.  My boss used to wear this god awful perfume and I think the MD who is married to her sister who also wore the same perfume must've said something to them about it cos she hasn't worn it in absolutely ages. 

• Options

CazSoul, when someone with bad breath talks me I naturally take a step back but then I find the other person takes a step in closer...I wish they wouldn't!!!

I think I have a sensitive nose, coz perfumes and strong after shaves are pretty awful too. Especially when I'm swimming and can smell them...eurgghhhh!

One my yoga clients had pretty bad BO, really odd coz she looked like a very clean person, maybe she just didn't like deodrant. I just had to grin and bear it when I did adjustments with her.

• Options
    FB, very well handled, very professional! win/win situation.
  • Options
    slo shoslo sho ✭✭✭
    When I was a student many years ago, there was one girl on our corridor in our hall of residence who had such strong BO that you could smell it out in the corridor when she was in her room, ans she left a long lasting trail behind her in the communal areas.  I was the mug who was deputed to speak to her.  After tying myself up in agonies of anxiety about hurting her feelings, I said as gently as I could to her that there was a bit of an odour from her underarms and maybe she needed to change her deodorant.  Her response was to inform me that she liked the smell of sweat!  And she carried on smelling.
  • Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭

http://listverse.com/miscellaneous/top-10-moral-dilemmas/

....goes off to brush teeth after finishing cup of coffee.....!

• Options
    arctic lady wrote (see)
    I think I have a sensitive nose, coz perfumes and strong after shaves are pretty awful too. Especially when I'm swimming and can smell them...eurgghhhh!

Adds *makes note to shower and apply aftershave sparcely* to learn to hang by fingertips upside down

• Options
    and while doing a shoulder massage Barley!image
  • Options

You can road test my shoulder massage at the SW social

• Options
    Thats on the condition you've been for your run today image
  • Options
    imageguess I won't be getting a shoulder massage then...but I did do a mega spin session followed by strenght training oh coach!