Options

Men in tights

124»

Comments

• Options

Hi all,

I used to wear Nike compression underwear under my shorts but they were keeping riding up.
    So I bought some Nike dri-fit tight shorts and wear them instead.

They are very comfortable, keep everything in place and I suffer no chap-chaff.
    It took a little bit of guts to wear them for the first time as you can see everything but what the hell, if anyone wants to look, go ahead, i'm not bothered. image

• Options
    Got 3 Pairs of tights, Nike and Gore, great for when it's cold, and I have no qualms about wearing them, If other people give me strange looks I don't care, I'll soon have passed them and never see them again.
  • Options
    Mick 'Stringy' wrote (see)
    What colour was that?

Hi all,

I used to wear Nike compression underwear under my shorts but they were keeping riding up.
    So I bought some Nike dri-fit tight shorts and wear them instead.

They are very comfortable, keep everything in place and I suffer no chap-chaff.
    It took a little bit of guts to wear them for the first time as you can see everything but what the hell, if anyone wants to look, go ahead, i'm not bothered. image

• Options

That's so true. The people who can see the front are those walking against the run traffic. The people who can see the back are those who are at the back of us. Really not a problem at all with tights!image

Sprint for the line wrote (see)
    Got 3 Pairs of tights, Nike and Gore, great for when it's cold, and I have no qualms about wearing them, If other people give me strange looks I don't care, I'll soon have passed them and never see them again.
  • Options

Tights are definitely the way to go in cold weather. No problem with men in 3/4s although I've never bothered myself. Have quite a new pairs but I'd recommend Salomon as the fit and material top and particularly the waistband is not too high.

As to going commando.. you guys who do are such exhibitionists!! Get some support dudes! Regular underwear is a no no as even us guys are bothered with vpl (at least from some of the posts in this thread). Glad to read at least a couple of posts about wearing thongs and strings. Definitely the way to go and perfect under tights. And that doesn't mean you get to go shopping in the womens underwear department.. plenty of sites selling great (and sexy according to my wife) strings for men. Seriously though they're very comfy and keeps things neat and tidy.

Funny thread to read))
  • Options
    clive237 wrote (see
    I do wear a pair of thongs now. it keeps everything neat and i like the feeling running in them;)
    Tights are definitely the way to go in cold weather. No problem with men in 3/4s although I've never bothered myself. Have quite a new pairs but I'd recommend Salomon as the fit and material top and particularly the waistband is not too high. As to going commando.. you guys who do are such exhibitionists!! Get some support dudes! Regular underwear is a no no as even us guys are bothered with vpl (at least from some of the posts in this thread). Glad to read at least a couple of posts about wearing thongs and strings. Definitely the way to go and perfect under tights. And that doesn't mean you get to go shopping in the womens underwear department.. plenty of sites selling great (and sexy according to my wife) strings for men. Seriously though they're very comfy and keeps things neat and tidy. Funny thread to read))
  • Options
    Personally I wear tights and normally wear shorts over the top (not all the time)!! NOT because I have issues with my package, mainly to keep warm!! I dont give a toss what I look like when i'm running TBH and dont take too much notice of the world around me either!!image
  • Options

I wear tights, without a worry, if its very cold and dont bother with anything under or over them. Not had any complaints yet.

As for the 'assless' chaps bit. All chaps are assless surely!?! I am not a cowboy but even I know these are the things cowboys wear. You only see the 'ass' if the said cowboy chooses not to wear anything under his chaps! Now that is a much bigger worry that wearing tights to run in.  

• Options
    Thought this thread was suitably dead by now!
  • Options

I've started wearing Skins (compression) full length running tights this year and they are awesome!  I used them to new PBs and good for age in a marathon in 20c and they unbelievably helpful.

I used to cycle race and no cyclist worth his or her worth would wear underwear under their cycling shorts! 

What's the point in wearing compression clothing only to compress your M&S undies.  Things such as these were surely not factored into the testing of such garments.

Men - a call to action - wear your tights commando - feel free and show women what they are missing at home image.  And women, please return the favour! image

• Options
    i've wanted for running tights for months but were told i will disown you!!!! by the misses, tryed them on in a shop when the misses was out and my god i look glorious and by the way real men wear tights you would not tell usain bolt that he looks like a fairy breaking world records in his would you?
  • Options

Try on a pair of Skins tights and their compression top and you'll be a superg hero lookalike image

Jokerman - cycling isn't running, however, the materials are the same - chaffing is the issue.  Be brave and proud of your assets.

• Options
    Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Being a modest sort of chap who feels the cold, I wear running tights over my normal running shorts. The other not asked question is do you have the tops of your socks inside or outside your tights.

In summer I never wear a vest for training - always a tee-shirt, 'cos I'm a weedy little git who doesn't want sand kicked in his face.
  • Options

So you guys go out running in something like these? image

Please tell me you mean something else!

• Options

Thank you so much, Griffsters! I shall try those for my groin-strain, I'd never heard of the brand before and they are quite affordable as these things go.

I may be over-egging the pudding by wearing those AND tights, but I don't want the groin strain to scupper my running - hopefully come summer I can just run in the linebreak shorts.Cheers, G!

• Options

I bought those to stop chafing and are a godsend for it they really are... but I wear shorts over the top. I cant imagine doing anything else, just never crossed my mind! image

Edit: cheaper off Ebay IIRC, or Amazon sell them as well slightly cheaper...

• Options

We're made for tights!

• Options

just bought a pair for winter and wore them for the first time at the wkend i have to say they really seem to aid your running , didn't have the usual aches after my run also ...

early days yet i suppose but so far they get the thumbs up from me.

• Options
    Does anyone think this is taking compression one step too far?
    http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/531429/Gallery/10234_170915423254_87481778254_3634064_2445515_n.jpg

www.morphsuits.com Brilliant! image
  • Options

Cool! Not sure about yellow, but they do offer anonymity! There is still the slight issue of layering. And scaring the be-jasus out of people.

Mind you - do they do a silver-surfer version??

• Options
    i like to see men in tights!
  • Options

They do - black, blue, gold,green, orange, pink, purple, silver (surfer), white, yellow and special halloween black with a white skeleton printed on the front.

I think they are also going to do a santa special.

They're weird but next time I'm invited to a fancy dress thats my costume sorted - It'll win any competitions hands down.

• Options
    Let me know how it goes when it comes to 'comfort breaks'... I'm seeing a design flaw 5 pints down the line!
  • Options

Amazing how much running fashion has changed over three years when this forum started.

White colour compression wear/ tights is becoming more acceptable in mainstream sports. Take this video for example:

http://youtu.be/vkjQxRXPLr8
  • Options
    I am going to wear zentai suit for this halloween day.
  • Options
    Yes, it is common to wear something underneath men's running tights. This is because running tights are designed to be worn close to the body to provide maximum warmth and comfort. I think the best option for wearing underneath running tights is usually a pair of shorts or lightweight running pants. This will provide a layer of protection between your skin and the tights, as well as allowing you to move more freely.
  • Options
    I've never worn anything underneath my running tights and never had any issues?