Pirate spotting

Comments

• Pirate spotted on bike course doing the ITU Olympic tri in Hyde park. I gave a "Go Pirate" shout out but was on last of my bike laps. Shame didn't get a chance to say hello hope you had a good event.
  • 2 Pirates spotted crossing over the M4 near Port Talbot, I was trucking on by in my 14 wheeler. Honk, honk, rubber duck. Ten four...

• not me..........mught be garr and hope

• Prob' someone on their way to the Dragon Ride.

• not them then.could be Mtri.he doing the dragon ride image

• Rafiki cycling past us Wargrave 10k runners today ??

• Pirate spotted on pool side at Spalding tri, no idea who it was though!

• magna carta did spalding image

• Thanks Seren

• Indeed, twas me!!!!

Did message you via here a few days ago, but you must have missed it... shame we didn't get to say hello!

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • Magna, I haven't been on RW for a while and haven't picked up my messagesimage. (You have more chance getting me on FB)

i did shout out to you on the cycle, you were coming back in as I was going out but I wasn't in pirate kit today. I bet loads shouted on you!

are you at Woodhall spa?

• Ah yes, I did hear a 'Go Pirate' or 'Argghhh' or something (can't remember which!) as I came back in towards Spalding.

Lots of shouts, especially from the marshals... they all know pirates!

Sadly, I don't think i'll be doing anymore east mids events this year... all clash with other major commitments including IM and family hols... I might squeeze in Derby before the season ends, but not sure yet.

tempted to have a crack at the series next year though!

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • Uncharted Waters wrote (see)
    Pirate spotted on bike course doing the ITU Olympic tri in Hyde park. I gave a "Go Pirate" shout out but was on last of my bike laps. Shame didn't get a chance to say hello hope you had a good event.

that'll be Ultra AJH... she doesn't often post on here anymore

• iron fraggle wrote (see)

Rafiki cycling past us Wargrave 10k runners today ??

Nope, wasn't me - that would mean I would be out training!image

I was actually marshalling the Jubilee River 10k swim yesterday

• ok image  in my defence, I was struggling in an uphill/heat combo so not thinking straight image

• Might have been Cat - I think he still does some of that training stuff!

• Rafiki wrote (see)

Might have been Cat - I think he still does some of that training stuff!

Nasty rumour image

Not I, I was 10king elsewhere in the heat.

• not really pirate spotting although I did spot a few at the titan half ironman today.....

But I am used to being asked at a race if I know Andy holgate........and yes i was asked today.....

But more unusually i was asked if I knew the really good female pirate who was at Nice

proud to say i did...........I think he has been trying to get hold of you flyaway image

• Pirates spotted on Buttertubs today @ TdF.

• Spotted Cougie starting his climb and back at the bottom of Holme Moss, and also 2 Pirates climbing as I was descending in the morning. Too quick to identify

• Spotted both Rosey and Min on top of Holme Moss
  • it was me cycling up the back end of Holme Moss yesterday Stanners, Rosey and Jeff were a little further up the hill!. amazing day but a little sun burnt and tired this morning....

Also saw Min whilst waiting an hour in the queue for a drink from the only ice cream van at the top, only to find out they had sold out when i was about three people from the van!! i had to settle for 6 calypso ice lollies instead...

• I feel your pain. £18 for a 2 burger, chips and coffee

• Thanks for your shout Uncharted Waters......FF is right I don't post much here anymore, but I appreciate support and often wear kit image really enjoyed the race, hope you did image

• F.oggy, good spot! You were jointly spotted! Buttertups just rocked.
  • I will be back up there next month, it will be slightly less crowded!!!

• So who was the Pirate at Ullswater on Saturday?? You were spotted by a freind & her kids!
  • Little sister there was a about 6 folks from the shorter tri thread there this weekend betting from the kit through it was ever Razer or horse.

• http://www.votwo.co.uk/ there's a pirate on one of the lead photos (you may have to wait till it goes through them all) but who is it?