Options

The Long Green Tape Measure......

Comments

• Options
    Well done oii, that's fab.  Does it make you want to do another one?
  • Options
    thanks angel!!!! i am in the London Marathon next year, i am very lucky to have a charity place with Guide Dogs.

It makes me want to do LOTS of other ones, i cant wait for this r&r period to be over so i can get back out there (0:

I told my mum i want to do the new york marathon 2012, she rolled her eyes at me, hahahahaha.
  • Options
    Morning all

Oii - Well done with Berlin, sounds like you had a great time. The TV coverage was a bit roapy, they couldn't get the bike camera's to work properly. My wife is still ill I'm afraid but there are some signs of improvement so fingers crossed she will be well again soon.

RLTW - Nice one with the show, do it if you can, it's a great experience. I was in a choir for 6 years when I was younger, even doing Songs of Praise, I was offered a scholarship in Ampleforth College for music and I was in two opera's with the Welsh Opera Company. All of tis is when I was younger so I don't know how well I'd sing now. Enjoy York, I love going there.

Wabo - great bike ride. Thought about doing a tri?

Vixx - any word on the car?

Hi Angel and Birkmyre.

Still no running for me while I'm looking after the wife. She's coming to the end of her course of anti-biotics tomorrow and then has to see the doctor to see what's what.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

oii, brilliant sounds like you had a great marathon experience!

oii I remember my mum used to say, no more marathons eh?  She has given up now!

LFC, I have done sprint tri's Ilove them.  My swimming needs to be improved though! NOt ready for any open water stuff. Have you done one? Hope your oh is getting better.

Was also going to ask Vixx about thecar, any news?

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Wabo - never done a tri. My swimming is OK but by no stretch of the imagination would I say it's competitive. I may have to tri it one day though, I've always heard good things about them.
  • Options
    WELL DONE OII!!!!!!! image

How do you feel now? My mate got a new PB - but was sick at 17 miles and couldn't take anything on board for the rest of the race.

I want to have another crack at it, but will see. I wanted NYC for 2012 and doubt that will happen, but you never know.....

(New York is wayyyyyyyyyyy better than Berlin btw)

The car has gone now - she's being repaired but I won't be having her back. I am driving a car he has loaned me for the time being, so it helps me out a bit. Thank you all for asking.

How are you all today?
  • Options
    Loving York image Fabulous weather. Forgot my charging lead for the netbook image so will have to keep it short. I want to live here image
  • Options

Morning all

RLTW - hope you are having a good time in York, soooo lucky with the weather.

Oii - congratulations on the marathon, sounds like we have another Berlin fan on here now.

I lost a pound this week at weigh in.  During my birthday week (which stretched to 2 weeks) I put on four so now need to focus again.  Unfortunately life gets in the way - am in London for 2 days next week which means dinner with work colleagues in the evening.  I shall pick healthy options from the menu and stay off the wine.  Determined to reach target by Christmas (11 pounds to go)

How is everyone on this lovely sunny day?

• Options
    I'm sweating already! image

Well Done on 1lb off DD - whereabouts in London are you going?

• Options
    Morning everyone

RLTW - I can't blame you for wanting to live in York, I think it's a really lovely city. I went round it in the snow a couple of years ago and it looked even better.

DD - Nice one on the loss, you will make the 11 pound by Christmas.

Vixx - It's hot here too, it feels like I'm working in a sauna, and not in a good way. image

Things are looking up for my OH, her breathing's easier and she is getting more energy back, so hopefully she will be back to normal before long. image
  • Options
    Am glad mrs lfc is getting better - did she go to see the doc again?
  • Options
    Yes, she went this morning. She still has to have the CT scan, but things are looking better.
  • Options
    That's good to know lfc. Any idea what the problem is?
  • Options
    It looked like bronchitis but the tests up to now don't bear that out, the sputum sample was negative and the blood sample didn't show signs of it, but the symptoms look like it. That's why she still has to have the scan to see if it shows anything else.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed it is nothing serious.
  • Options
    Thank you. It's nice getting her back again and hear her laugh without bringing up a lung.
  • Options

Glad Mrs LFC seems to be on the mend LFC.

Vixx - I will be at our London office which is near Blackfriars Bridge.  I am considering taking my running stuff and going for a run besides the thames in the evening before dinner if I have time.

• Options
    DD - that would be such a nice spot for a run! Even if it's only a quick walk that would be better than nothing and would energise you for the evening image
  • Options
    Go on DD, you know you want to.
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

nice to hear mrs lfc is picking up, good news

anyone got VLM in on here?  I dont know till I get home, doubt I will. Going to cycle home which will be lovely in this weather!

Had a much better run last night, finally starting to feel a bit more lively, please let it last!

DD, yes you must!

I loved York when I went there a few years ago rltw, beautiful

hows you vixx?

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I am a doughnut, vixx you didnt get in nor lfc, I read it on fb!
  • Options

I would have deferred anyway Wabo - it's too close to the Thames Path 100.  Am looking at the Manchester Marathon at the moment on April 29th.....

Nice Berlin Pics Oii image

• Options
    I wouldn't know what to do if I got an acceptance letter. I'd probably think it was a joke or something.
  • Options

I applied first in 2002, for 2003 and didn't get in.

In December 2003 I got a 'Congratulations' magazine and suddenly realised I had a lot of work to do....

• Options
    dd - i am a hue berlin fan now the mara and the place.

vixx - they arent all the pics, my mum was official race day photographer so i just need to wait to get my hands on her camera!

payday tmrw so need to find a 10k and a half so i dont lose the plot!
  • Options
    DD - that would be such a nice spot for a run! Even if it's only a quick walk that would be better than nothing and would energise you for the evening image
  • Options
    oii - BIRMINGHAM HALF?
  • Options

Morning

Its been very warm up here the last few days !

Still off choccy biscuits (and choccy bars).  Not been easy or kidding you it hasimage

Catch up time.

• Options
    Well done birkmyre - you are doing really well image

When's your weigh in?

What have you got planned for the weekend?
  • Options
    vixx - thats too soon hey. thinking 10k end of october and half end of november image