Options

The Long Green Tape Measure......

Comments

• Options

Morning

Not specifically training for anything at moment. Just enjoying getting out, mostly off road at t e moment.

• Options

Hey vixx!

Still got my eye on the Birmingham half in October and building up for that, looking for a 10k to do sometime soon but the ones I was going to do have become inconvenient for one reason of another - life getting in the way again!

• Options

birkmyre - you got any pics of your off-road runs?

Nicky - train with hills for Birmingham - the more you do, the easier the day will be image

I'm not doing Birmingham this year - am off to Amsterdam image

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

soon to start training for Snowdonia, will kick start with the North Downs 30k on Sunday!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options

Vixx: Nah I've just got  a basic phone, no camera on it !

Wabo: All the best for Sunday.

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

thanks peeps, will let you all know how it goes

• Options

Fair enough birkmyre - is it scenic off-road for you?

You'll be fine wabo image

• Options

Vixx: It's okay, overlooks Glasgow airport and you do get a good view of the surrounding area.

• Options

That sounds good birkmyre. I hear that there is interest in a Glasgow Marathon. Any news on that?

• Options

Mornng Vixx: Heard rumours re a Glasgow Marathon, nothing official yet.

• Options

Hope that they do - it would be great! image

• Options

Well done Vixx

Another year older today

It would be great if they did the Glasgow Marathon next year. It would make sense with Commonwealth Games in city.

• Options

Happy Birthday Birkmyre. image

It would be nice to run a marathon in Glasgow. I haven't seen that much of Glasgow as I have only been there to film a quiz show, but I did like the parts I did see.

I've booked the family holiday up to Scotland for August, to a place called Nairne near Inverness. image

Well done on the loss Vixx.

How is everyone today?

• Options

Well done Vixx. Happy Birthday Birkmyre!

No real movement on the weight for me which is good, took the weekend off running as (list of excuses) I'm resting a little before a 10k this weekend, had a bit of an injury (great big bruise on my calf from god knows where), and it was the wifes birthday!. Spent the whole weekend eating and drinking tons so I'm not sure where it's gone but I haven't put any weight on.

• Options

No attempt at any weight control todayimage

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

well done vixx

well I didn't do the run sunday, 5 hour drive sat and I just needed to be sensible, thanks for advice vixx

weigh in 10st .5lbs, still staying there!

that's a result nicky!

I am good and hello lfc! Holiday sounds nice

happy birthday again Birks!

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

so I actually gained 1.5lbs,  but as long as I am under 10st 2lb these days I am happy.

• Options

Probably the most I've eaten in a single weekend since..... well, a long time.

7 course posh tasting menu thingy on the Friday, with a huge cheeseboard.

Pizza and chips on the saturday

Carvery and birthday cakes on the sunday

Scones and clotted cream monday watching the tennis.

All accompanied by lashing and lashings of not-ginger beer.

My run this lunchtime felt a bit sluggish though. Resting tomorrow and Friday before the 10k, which is unfortunately at 6pm. I never feel that quick in the evening so might have to have an afternoon nap and pretend its the morning instead!

• Options

I have lost a stone now - I don't want it found and returned....

Which race are you doing Nicky?

Belated Birthday Wishes birkmyre - I hope that you have had a fantastic day!

How is everyone?

Did you have a nice weekend Wabo? image

• Options

Morng

had a good day yesterday. Good lunch out, Miss B made me a birthday cake

Out tonight for dinner with friends.

Right diet restarts on.. .well when that delicious cake is finished.image Probs Saturday at the very latest !

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

Morning all

vixx I had a lovely weekend.  Did the right thing.

Had a blinding race last night, 2.31 miles in 18.18.  felt good.

nicky like that pretend its the morning!

• Options

Timberhonger 10k Vixx, looking forward to it but also just the right side of scared!

Further complication is works outing today - lunchtime 'til the pubs close and I will be getting my moneys worth at the bar, just hope I can recover in the 40 hours or so between finishing drinking tonight and racing!

Mmm, cake. Perfect recovery food I reckon, especially if its chocolate! I never used to enjoy cake all that much but it has achieved very high status in my food favourites since getting skinnier!

• Options

Am on a 'no-added-sugar and gluten free' diet at the moment :S

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

blimey there you all are!

weigh in up again yesterday... 10st 2lb, no worries....

how are you all where are you all??

• Options

Hey Wabo!

It's year end for me so a bit less time than usual to muck about.

12 stone 3 today, can't remember where I was but that's in the acceptable range. Would like to get back down to 12 -0 again just to make sure I'm still in touch!

• Options

I'm here - just. The weekend was awesome image

And another 1lb gone image

How are you all?

• Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

nice one nicky!

vixx did you do the race you weren't doing?  I am confused! I have done two races so far this week and have number 3 tomorrow! 

Well done on weight vixx, think I have one of those pounds plus one from somewhere else! Will get back this week I am sure.

We are buying a princess bed tomorrow for cleo although I have no doubt she will want some dinosaurs and dragons there somewhere too! Oh I love her so much

• Options

I missed Shrewsbury Wabo, but did the Giantshead Marathon last Saturday image

London for my annual 'poke n prod' this weekend.... image