Options

Blackpool People's Marathon

Comments

• Options

I though this thread was to be a positive communication for all the runners (not the continual moaners, go away soup & BR)

RACE UP DATE

1)  All race numbers & programmes have been distributed

2) Final risk assessment and tweeking of the course carried out (course accuracy certificate will be on display on the day)

Course.  Starts at the hilton Hotel outside the main entrance (& Race HQ) Lamp Post 159E. Runs south along the main promenade through the Golden Mile, passing the Tower, Pleasure Beach (no stopping to do the Big One) turns at Abercorn Place just before Squires Gate, returns along the promenade through the start area, crosses the tram lines at Gynn Square to head north along the upper pathways to Little Bispham, turns left at Anchorsholme Lane to return along the Lower Walk Way to Gynn, up the hill  (Not very steep) to the Middle Walk, half marathon turns right into the finish opposite the Hilton, marathon tuns left back to Gynn crosses the tram lines to run second lap as the first. The concrete section of road on the Lower Walk has been reduced  with entering the finish at Gynn (not using the section from the North Pier to Gynn. North Pier reconstruction work well under way.

<> 

Ovcer 120 marshals will be out on the course, medical services will have four paramedics, two ambulances, two bike rider, two doctors & two nurses on the course.

950 entries for the full marathon, a record by 30% and 1300 for the half marathon accepted. Entries now closed.

Please email lewis@blackpool marathon.com if you have any last minute problems or requests.

WHATCH out for a spectacular start at 09.00am

Race Committee 

• Options
    No Lewis, this is the thread where we are still allowed to ask questions about the organisation of SRH races.  Hope there's more attention to detail next Sunday than you've shown before posting that comment...
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    Hi BR

ready for sheffield 10k in 2 weeks just been in compos today with my father just love the fish and chips there

anyone has a right to post on here if they so wish
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    Barnsley runner

there is one thing I love in Blackpool and that is Harry ramsdens fish and chips
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    speedy

how you doing heading south again on 4th June for nearly 2 weeks inculding visiting my new necie sophie who was born nearly 2 weeks ago I all ready have Lucy at 19 who is keeping fit by swimming and walking just need to get her running
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    BR and soup do not have to go away

I think the mararthon was better when it went to st Annes
  • Options

Dinda

My No is:213 there will be only 2 of us from Sleaford Town Runners(Lincs) this time.I the crazy one doing the Full my 23rd One then Brighton and next Shakespere and my Lincoln Canal one 35 miles.U

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    speedy

been swimming running and walking today all ready
  • Options

Dinda

I decided to change Gyms because one I go now expensive then ever and I finish with Sky.I never watch TV much with contracts.I brought myself Freeset.I did 22miles on saturday ,3 miles yesterday Easter Fun Run and extra 4 last  night.That make me 29miles all together? I cant wait this Sunday?

• Options

Barnsley Runner:

I haven't measured the course yet.

Stil plenty of ime though. The race doesn't start until 9am on Sunday. that gives me a full 6 days before I need to panic about it.

I was going today but it's a bit wet and a bit windy so I might not bother.

If all else fails I'll set off at 7am next Sunday. So long as I'm done before the first finishers I reckon we'll be fine.

• Options
    brian porter wrote (see)

I haven't measured the course yet.

Stil plenty of ime though. The race doesn't start until 9am on Sunday. that gives me a full 6 days before I need to panic about it.

Brian,

Still not measured the course yet?

This is what Ron wrote in an email to potential volunteers on Tuesday 23rd March 2010 –Carrying out final course measurement this Friday (26th March).”

The Race Office posted this on Saturday 03.04.10 – “2) Final risk assessment and tweeking of the course carried out (course accuracy certificate will be on display on the day).”

Is it you, Ron or the Race Office who have got it wrong?

• Options

Soup, why do you constantly try to inerfere with races you do not have anything to do with. If you only new the problems that we encounter in Blackpool putting the course right. have you ever been to Blackpool lately it is undergoing a mojoe £200m re developement plan on the promenade and couipled with further sea wall defence works along the route it is importnat that we get it right on the day whatever it take. The course has been measured and will undergo a final inspection by the council, road safety services, police and medical support on Wednesday of this week. But you never know it is two days away anything could change and has BP pointed outit will done done correctly and free from any doubts that you constantly always seem to be casting over it.The course measuremnt was carried out as you rightly state on 23rd March2010, a second one 26th March,  measurements of the magnitude of a marathon are always subject to a final one(London always has a contingency plan)  later as there are always potential hazzards around the corner we have identified these and put right.It takes approx 6/7 hours to measure a marathon & half marathon in one day (BP and I have been out in heavy rain and even a snow blizzard this year on several events. You turned down our offer to assist to see how this is done.

The invitation is still there, come along at our invitation to watch the event (I doubt you will accept as you always stay behind closed doors) I am lkooking for a celebrity to start the race, fancy it, come give us all a shock

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    race office

have you looked at soups profile there is nothing on it some did suggest he or she might have 2 accounts
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    speedy

I run and swim to keep fit do no use the Gym but also walk aswell which I find helps me
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    I will be reading this thread on sunday evening with intrest
  • Options

Hey Lewis, or Ron,

I wanted to do the full on Sunday and could not enter until n ow.  Will there still be entries on the day for it?

Please say yes. image

• Options

Soup

I have not measured the course. FACT

The final risk assessment and tweaking of the course have been carried out. FACT

I'm sorry to deal with facts: i know you much prefer supposition.

So, I am right, Ron is right, and BMRO is right. And yet we are saying different things. Are you confused?

I do hope so.

Please let me know if you would like a number for Freckleton. It's nearly full but I'll keep one back just for you if you'd like it. As my guest.

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    Brain

I wonder if soup runs
  • Options
    Biastai wrote (see)

Hey Lewis, or Ron,

I wanted to do the full on Sunday and could not enter until n ow.  Will there still be entries on the day for it?

Please say yes. image

Biastai, I've sent you a message via the forum.
  • Options

Dinda

I'm not sure Soup could run a bathimage

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    I know

some people on the half thread are saying they have not got their race packs yet

no work for me tommorrow so of on a long 20 mile run as I have got Chester mararthon next month and that goes on an old railway line
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    that lower walk I have run races on seemed to drag on for ever worse was 2006 when we had to run pass the finish 3 times

roll on Chester and Roll on June when I am down south on holiday again
  • Options

Biastai

We have a few entries left for the ful;l marathon (15 or so) first come basis. Registration open Saturday 10.00-5.00 pm @ the Hilton, Sunday (may be too late) from 07.00am.

RACE UPDATE

Parking at the Hilton on the adjoining field for 150 cars

Toilets, individual units as used in London/GNR etc close to the field

Baggage store at race HQ in the Queens Suite onvce full will be closed, additional baggage stor /toilets/changing/showers at the rear in Springs Night Club as used by Beaverbrooks for the May 10K with 3000+ runners, this area should be good enough for our needs.

Anyopne who does not receive their numbers by Wednesday this week should email lewis@blackpoolmarathon.com

Race Committee 

• Options
    Lewis - I sent you an email re getting bottles etc passed to me - where's the best place for our clubmates to set up so they can pass us stuff?  Will they be ok somewhere near where we cross the tram lines at GynnSq?  I think we go past there each time.  Thanks
  • Options
    I'm moving down from the full to the half so that will be another place for someone.
  • Options

Andy

Gynn Square crossing at 7+ miles 13+ miles & 20+ miles is an ideal area for bottles to change hands three marshall and a tram inspector at this point

Lewis 

• Options
    Great - thanks Lewis - will tell the team!
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    that mararthon website course is 5 years out of date
  • Options
    Dinda:We should meet for couple of drinks on Friday night?
  • Options
    No race pack yet image