Options

Do other people get ignored by fellow runners or is it just me?

124»

Comments

• Options

We should meet up and run somewhere in London.I will go to London soon anyway.If You OK with thatimage

I'm from Lincolnshire but London is big place I Know.

• Options
    I did my intervals at 5.30 this morning and saw one other runner who was very cheerful!
  • Options
    LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

Why do Londoners do that?image

I think it's becuase as a whole, Londoners are proud of living in London, our capital city. So it feels good to get that city's (conurbation's) name in there.

You wouldn't want to say a random suburb out in Bromley when you can say "SE London".

Also, using Boroughs is a mixed bag as some cover such diverse areas that people could be mislead, so I think it's best to be specific, so for instance either "Southfields" or just SW "London".

• Options
    Was running in Birkenhead at the weekend on holiday for a few days from Scotland.  Was amazed at how friendly other runners were.  Around Dundee you usually get a nod, sometimes a grunt from runners,  But I got enthusiastic waves and loud hellos from the runners I met.  A very friendly lot.
  • Options

Lived in Streatham for a while and my beloved Herne Hill are South Laandan. South London is salt of the Earth, normal Londoners, north Londoners are flitty and just follow fads..with their ugg boots on.

Not that I like generalisations image......and I am not an Aussie or Kiwi....

• Options

Hi everyone

just a bit to tell you that i hoped with a smile and to be friendly with other member in the forum can help me to be well accepted. but is terrible to be ignored . so i decided stop write .  

good run ..

ps: the temperature is impossible ...i suggest to train only in the early morning...

escuse-me

enrico

• Options

I used to live in London ( 'ackney ) - but I don't anymore I live in Bristol (Southville).

In London if you say hello, runners say hello back most of the time (doesn't happen with the people you see on your daily commute though - they'll stare at an advertisment for Anusol rather than make eye contact)

In Bristol I get ignored A LOT image Older runners are nicer, but quite a few runners between the ages of 35ish and 45ish just outright ignore me. How.Rude.

I'm going to keep waving though, one day I'll break them down!

• Options
    JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭

Catoface,

I don't find Bristol runners too anti-social (but I live north of the river ;¬)).  Mouse and I once conducted an experiment to see if we got more smiles/hellos if we wore our Bristol Half t-shirts.  It worked.  But that may be because certainly I was laughing at fixing everyone with a beady stare from about 100m away!

• Options
    JoolskaJoolska ✭✭✭
    PS: Am under 35 therefore confident I am young enough to be nice ;¬)
  • Options

hi runners 

i've a lot of good runners friends....runners mates .. of my team , too ... we talk, we smile , we train together and a lot of funny jokes help us when we train for a HF or M too....

to write....in the forum ..."thanks for your cortesy replay" is ... horrible , never more

good run

sunny day

stop.stop.stop

• Options

Thanks Joolska - sometimes I wear mine but it's been too darned hot recently for anything other than a vest (and shorts o'course!)

I will give the HM t-shirt an outing and tot up my hello's/waves! Perhaps I'll run past you one day - I promise to say hello! Actually the running clubs down my neck of the woods are very friendly as it happens.

Enrico - I hope you have a good run today, the weather looks good for it image

• Options

hi  Catoface

thak you to ask me about my next train.  

is very hot , sun glasses is necessary but humid too. Impossible to have a good train ..in the afternoon

only in the morning early i'll go train . the clime is crazy ...tropical temperature   

last sunday after my session training with my mates i lost 2,8 Kg ...traspiration high level . drunk water 3 time stop ...and go. they invited me next sunday ...this is good ...image 

good run and nice evening everyone

• Options
    Sometimes yu have to go with the flow if people ignore us .Thats Lifeimage