Options

Quicksand 15

124»

Comments

• Options
    A great race - I really enjoyed it. Thank you to all the marshals for the impeccable organisation.

I will be back next year.

• Options

I have to add my well done to all of you who ran today I had a great time marshalling.image  Thanks also to those of you who have taken the time to post on here and to add your race reports on the RW review section. 

I honestly beleive that this race deserves to have 250 runners so if we all inform our friends and running buddies lets see what we can do for next year.

• Options
    Tell your friends guys, bring them next year, spread the word. We would like to get the entries up because everybody who tries it loves it.
  • Options

Hi All,

Well done to those who ran and those who marshalled. 

The provisional results are on the web now, thanks to nifty race computer work by Mrs JDFI...

www.thanetroadrunners.org.uk

Sorry I missed it, hopefully next year.

Cheers

djb

• Options
    Well done JFDI, that's what I call service. I used to think I had met the ultimate in mad runners on here but I heard a new one today. Julie Wing ought to get a special model all to herself. Five weeks ago she ran her 200th marathon on the Coastal Marathon. Today she completed the Quicksand and her husband told us that in between the two she had done two more marathons and a forty miler. She really is Premier League.
  • Options

well done JFDI!

As for Julie,  don't think I've clocked that many miles all year!!

My first marshalling experience, and a very good one too! Inspired me to have a crack at it next year, maybe.....

• Options
    My ankles are aching now. Loved the race, apart from the Digby steps on the return leg. The lack of training over the past month took it's tole at the 12 mile mark, when my wheel feel off.
  • Options
    Can you amend reviews? mine seems to be very low scoring, not what I had in mind.
  • Options

No probs ABC - the reviews are great and thanks to all who took the time to post - makes the work worthwhile - I for one would love to see 500 runners streaming across the sand next year image

Well done TJ on your first foray into race directing

• Options

I shall certainly be giving this race a "glowing report" to other runners and it is unbelievable that only 108 runners ran it this year.

I know it's a busy weekend on the Kent race calendar,with 10K's at Ashford and Petts Wood today,but there are loads of 10K races throughout the year but nothing else like the Quicksand.

I don't know how these things are arranged,but if possible you should try to get Runners World to feature the race in the reviews section of the magazine next year.I'm sure there are hundreds of runners who would absolutely love it if they could be tempted into giving it a go-I know I did.

• Options
    That's a good idea David, the more PR the better, It was my first Quicksands too, I've done the other local events but found this the more challenging and certainly the most rewarding when crossing the line.
  • Options
    I certainly enjoyed it and I think I was one of few from an Essex running club. I have mentioned it to many of my club already and hope there will be a far bigger contingent from Tiptree Road Runners next year (and will be if I have anything to do with it).

Thank you again,

Jamie
  • Options

Can only echo the above sentiments. Done all the other thanet races over the last year, but this gave me the most satisfaction. Very hard, particularly the soft sand/rocks but great to be able to say that i have done it.

Thanks to all the marshalls and their kind words and smiling faces too, it really does help. However if that wind that hit as we came onto the beach for the last 3.5? miles could be arranged to blow the other way next time it would be much appreciated!

• Options
    zeebra - the wind in thanet has a mind of its own - I've done training runs round the coast and had the wind in my face the whole way!image
  • Options
    JFDI Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work both ways. I have never done an out and back run where it has been behind me both ways. Also the tail wind never seems as strong as the head wind!
  • Options
    There are now some photos on Imagesaurus.co.uk for purchase for those of you who are interested in such things.