Options

Hungry

Comments

• Options
    well make yourself one and if you dont like it send it to me! :-))
  • Options
    Ill have to buy amaretto tho
    and that canot be low cal!
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    ptooey.

Amaretto is yukky and marzipanny
  • Options
    depends what you mix it with!
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    NOTHING masks that taste.
  • Options
    youve done it now San
  • Options
    MMM! Amaretto!!! Yummy!

Have you tried pouring it like a sauce over a really nice dairy vanilla ice-cream...mmmm! Bliss!

Can't understand why I have weight problems...must be my genetic make-up!!!

(~:
  • Options
    :-( everyine thinks im mad! oh well, nothin new there! ;-)
  • Options
    No, think it sounds yummy, but I have a sweet tooth! Must try this...
  • Options
    mmmmm i want ice cream!
    are we supposed to be here cos we want to be fitter and healthier or fatter and unhealthier (and alchoholics!)?
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    tortoise - are you left-handed?

:o)
  • Options
    maybe shes already been at the ammeretto and fell over? :-)
  • Options
    well, sheddy is on the amaretto now
  • Options
    Oh no! There is a left / right convention! I know nothing, oops! Knowing my luck it will have some deviant subtext to have my smiles the wrong way round. So it's eyes left then... learn something every time I visit this site... seldom to do with running... but that's why it's so addictive. You lot are ace, you never fail to make me smile!
  • Options
    PS no ice cream today... son's don't like chomp bars from their stockings and, well, what can you do! :-)

(Are you impressed - right way round and everything!)
  • Options
    Thought of you all today as I was eating pack of dried apricots with "a hint of ammeretto".

Quite nice if you just eat a couple (about 8 in the bag and that was a bit over powering) bet they'd be nice in flapjacks, but has anyone ever heard of a recipe for slimming flapjack!

Nah!

Hope you are all well and plodding along merrily.
  • Options
    Mashed banana, oats and condensed milk, make a nice alternative to proper flapjacks, tastes very naughty, but I'm sure it's just a "lower" fat rather than "low" fat alternative.
  • Options
    zoobenny - give me the recipe please! I can put the quantities into my food database and work out cals and fat too (not that I'm an obsessed loon or anything)
  • Options
    Hi, this is a late posting:)

Raising wheats are a good snack, a box can be kept at work, one in the car, at home... Buy yourself a breadmaker-the bread is denser and far more filling. Use milk instead of water-here comes your protein and calcium boost. Use a bit of olive oil and lots of seeds-essential oils and fibre en masse.
    Don't forget to through out all your pills, additves and what have you.
  • Options
    Does anyone know, my daughter just had one of those intolerance tests and was told to lay of loads of foods, but also that putting fruit like bannanas with cereals in the morning did no good as it just rotted in the stomach. Well for her and me as i love a banana each morning with my porridge is this true, should she, we do something else?
  • Options
    Have just started running again after about 10 years of bad diet, too much booze and cigs and am a little anxious as to weather I'll be able to stay motivated, so I may be picking lots of brains over the next few months. Be patient with me, can't really commmet on the whole food "SAGA" yet, give me a few weeks on my health kick and a few more reads of this message board and I'm sure i'll have picked up some top tips! So, Hi to all you runners and hope I can take you all on my journey! Ha Ha Lifestyle change (must be done before I hit thiry, the clock's ticking)!!
  • Options
    I tend to stick by the rule that if its not fresh dont eat it. So no packets, tins, pre-packed, ready meals I rarely eat frozen food (apart from ice cream).

For brekkie I have cereals i.e. muslei (cant spell) branflakes or porridge with a banana.

Mid-morning afew nuts and an apple.

Lunch is usually fresh soup or salad with cous cous/chicken.

Afternoon snack of seeds, dried fruit or fresh fruit.

Dinner is usually loads of veg with chicken or fish, stir fry, sweet potato & salad.

If I fancy something sweet after dinner I have some marshmallows, wine gums or a couple of tea spoons of peanut butter.

I drink between 2 - 3 litres of water a day and usually one cappacino. My only downfall is chocolate & ice cream but I try to only eat it at the weekends as a treat.

I have a very sweet tooth and if I do over indulge I just workout a bit extra during the week.

God now I sound really healthy!!!!!

:-)
  • Options
    I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but what about porridge for breakfast? I usually have a large bowl and add fruit (such as bananas).
  • Options
    Go easy on the cup a soups - very high in salt!
  • Options
    Porridge! Lovely stuff... I normally eat mainly whole foods, pasta, rice and bread(nowt white in our house), fresh fruit, smoothies, dried fruit, lots of fish, some meat and veg. We have lots of frozen veg though, but this mostly a much healthier option than "fresh" food that's been hanging around for weeks on end starting to rot!

I find that I eat as much as I want when I want.. its what you pick to eat in the first place you should be careful of. To stop me eating rubbish in work I go to the shop and stock up on cereal bars, loads of fruit, and stuff like boxes of raisins. I also love cupasoups though, but having extra salt only causes problems if you have problems with blood pressure, which I don't.
  • Options
    Has any one got any ideas of what will be good for me to eat. I work 4 nights a week each shift is approx 12 hrs 8pm - 8am.
    I eat a main meal before I go to work then at midnight I have banana, orange, fruity loaf, water, choccy bar and cereal bar, i have much the same at 3am but don't eat when i get home at 8am. I just go to bed and run when I get up. I'm not a pasta/rice or brown bread fan can anyone give me any ideas of what will taste good and fill me up. As I intend ro run the FLM in April. It will be my first marathon and I want to get to the end.
  • Options
    DBSA wrote (see)
    How about a HUGE bowl of cereal in the morning? Toast just does not fill me up, a big bowl of cereal, (i normally mix 3 different types) providing you choose relatively healthy stuff is VERY good for you and keeps me filled up till lunch time. i also have it as a snack mid afternoon of before bed sometimes. BANANAS BANANAS BANANAS you can't beat em!

I also eat a HUGE bowl of cerial a couple of times a day to keep me filled and full of fuel and the bananas are also one of the greatest way to keep me going too, but i drink water like it's going out of fassion which also keeps me feeling nice and full...

• Options

You might want to take a look at my Food for Runners site  - gofasterfood blog and  website

You'll find lots of ideas to keep those hunger pangs at bay - but remember if you are training for something like a marathon,and running, say 30-40 miles a week, you need approx. another 4000 calories on top of your normal diet - that translates into lots of food! Increase the amount of slow-burning carbs in your diet - oats, pasta, pulses, fruit and nuts ets and eat proper meals  - a massive bowl of muesli or porridge, some fruit, egg on toast (I agree, with a breadmaker you can make much more substantial bread) for breakfast is a good idea. Snacks like fruit, seeds and nuts, dried fruit like dates and apricots, flapjacks, baked beans, dark chocolate, pitta bread and hummus, hefty cake like carrot cake and rich fruit cake (or my marmalade cake) etc etc - there are lots of alternatives to crisps!