Options

Run to the Beat

Comments

• Options

No problem with parking as our office is opposite the Dome at East India dock, with what they charge for entry i think the parking charge after 3pm is taking the piss a little.

as for the pens i estimated 1.50 and iam in pen 3.

looking forward to this now.

• Options

Hi

Just to let you know I was asked to organise pacers for the event from my club.

Times I have was given was 1.30, 1.45, 2.00 and 2.15. I managed to get the slower 3 times but not the 1.30 but the race organisers are dealing with that.

They will be wearing bright pacemaking vests so should be easy to spot

I'm sure if you go to the helpdesk they will be able to explain the pen allocation (believe the pens are 3-6 and are in a square formation)

Good luck on the day and hope to see you all in the baggage area

Mike

Dagenham 88 Runners

• Options

I will be with Mike in the baggage tent too.

Another Dagenham 88 Runner.

• Options
    Marathon Mike & Tracey G - If you are both in the baggage area, where are the remaining 86 .image(Dagenham 88 Runners !)
  • Options
    Marathon Mike, this is probably a very stupid question, but this will be my first race so excuse my ignorance. But how many pace makers will there be, several or just the one? I might give it a go running with a pacemaker group but don't fancy spending a long time searching for yellow vests.
  • Options

Tracey G... last year the baggage tents were massive big trucks done by running number. Will try look out for you as gmike's with me (supporting not running) so he should recognise you image

I didn't see pacers last year, but looks like they don't do them for 2.30.

Who knows what time's the pens start? Surprised to see the booklet (printed as still not got race pack image ) says first spectator point at 4 miles, expect runners to be coming through at 9.55.  image Starts at 9.45, 4miles to 9.55... erm.. 10mins for 4miles. Wow! Wish I could do that... gone away to do some speed work....

• Options

Tracy B ....Pen Start Times below

# Key Runner Timings

SATURDAY
    12:00-17:00 Help Desk open for any questions you have or for you to pick up anything missing from your race pack

SUNDAY
    07:30 - Runners can start baggage check in
    07:30 - Help desk opens for runners who haven’t received race numbers or timing chips
    08:45 - Begin moving into your allocated start pen
    09:30 - First live music act begins
    09:45 - Race start
    13:45 - Roads open
    14:45 - Last chance to pick up any left baggage

• Options
    Thanks Darren. It says Race start i.e. 9:45, but doesn't say like what time Pen 1, Pen 2, Pen 3 etc goes off... can you find that out please? image
  • Options

There is no info on that available. I guess when there is a sufficient gap they will open each pen 1 by 1. We all have timing chips which will activate when we cross the start line anyway, not when the gun goes.

• Options

I was trying to work out at roughly what time I might be at spectator points - hard to judge seeing as it was running way late last year...

• Options

My first time in Run to the Beat - I'm using this as a warm-up for the full marathon in Amsterdam next month. Looking forward to it!

Finally got the race pack through yesterday - I'm in pen 3. Sounds like it's more of a fun run from what's been written here - I'm aiming for 1h 45 or under and I'm hoping I won't have to dodge too many people dressed as bananas en route to the finish!

• Options

Tracy - I have to pick up our coach at 6:30am on Sunday image If I wash my club vest in time and it is warm I will wear it.

I think there are 2 pacer per pace group.

• Options

Its only 5 days away!

First half mara for me!

Really looking forward to it!

• Options

I will look for the 1.45 pace group as well.

• Options
    Paul - my first race was a half marathon image Good luck on Sunday. The weather looks like it is going to be warm again, lovely for me on the baggage thou.
  • Options
    my first race was Hasting 1/2 back in 1988 i guess 2 hours
  • Options
    eastham - Hastings half is a hard first half.
  • Options
    Yaaay - got my Race Pack. I'm ready image
  • Options
    Ditto, have been put in Pen three, don't remeber putting down that good a predicted time though???
  • Options
    The pens dont seem to match up fully to the times. I put 2:30 and in pen 4! Am green.. think I was last year too. At least you'll get a better head start image
  • Options

Does anyone know of someone who has an entry to sell?

Just changed some work plans to be in town and would love to run this!

Martin

• Options

i'm in pen 4. Can't remember what time I put down. How strict are the pens? my friend is either in 3 or 5(she's either entered twice or someone wth same name has entered)

Huge numbers too. Don't think I've done a race with 14000 people.

Hope everyone looking forward to sunday. I dreamed it was raceday last night and I couldn't find anything to wear!

• Options
    Tracey G wrote (see)
    Paul - my first race was a half marathon image Good luck on Sunday. The weather looks like it is going to be warm again, lovely for me on the baggage thou.

Thank Tracey - I cant wait!!

Think on the plus side, would rather handle bags for the runners than their trainers afterwards?!?

EI22RE wrote (see)

Does anyone know of someone who has an entry to sell?

Just changed some work plans to be in town and would love to run this!

Martin

Hi Martin,

Apparently there are some on the gumtree website - (covering initial entry costs etc).....

• Options

Hi Martin,

I currently have a spare, but waiting for confirmation tonight. Running Buddy wasn't running, but may change his mind. Won't be selling it though, but asking for donation to my fundraising... at your discretion. Can let you know in the morning for def.

T

• Options

Tracy,

Definitely let me know and we can connect. That would be absolutely brilliant and of course I am willing to donate!

You can email me directly at martinquinn2207@gmail.com

All the best,

Martin

• Options
    Will do, you have first offer. Will know for def in the morning.
  • Options

Presume you all got today's email including:

# Jubilee Line

Thanks to our friends at TFL the Jubilee Line is open from Waterloo to Stratford on Sunday until 15:00, from this point there will be no service between North Greenwich and Stratford due to line upgrade. This closure will be in place all of Saturday (when Help Desk is open).

Woohoo image although am driving now  due to transport fiasco last year image Will make it loads easier for people though image

Possibly there's a typo on this bit though - can you spot it? image

# We know you’ll get through

3.1 miles. One week to go. Feeling confident?

• Options
    Tracy - you will get a pb.
  • Options

Hi All

Me and my sister were due to run this years Run to the Beat but she has just been diagnosed with Campylobacter leaving her unable to negotiate 13 steps let alone 13 miles.

If anyone wants to take the place please PM me.  I dont want to see it go to waste.

Will arrange meetup at the O2 arena.

Regards

Richard.

• Options

Richard,

I am sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she gets well soon.

I would love to take her place but unfortunately don't know how to PM on here. My email address is martinquinn2207@gmail.com

Can you please let me know? Once again, all the best to your sister!

Martin