Options

Wednesday 13th May

2»

Comments

• Options
    Race went OK - no better, no worse.
    Will bodge together a report over a belated tea & stick it under "Events" forum.
  • Options
    Hello everybody- do you know I can't be bothered training tonight it would mean treadmill or turbo trainer and I really can't be bothered.

Stickless- terrible news for your cousin, scratch the surface and you'll find people all over the place carrying hurts around, that's what you realise when tragedy strikes.

I think my Gladiator name could have been something like Patchy fog or Black Ice- not quite as dynamic as Lightening. Can I just say that this was quite a few years ago that I did this- now I confine myself to serious photo shoots with RW.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Stickless , I'll add my condolences to you and your cousin.

Not been overly active - Sunday did 6.4 miles tempo and have taken the last two days off - a result of long hours at work & playing catch up with the OU.(Although I did run a couple of miles tonight getting to/from the station in the pouring rain...)

Not too bothered after all the marathon training, May is a low mileage month and pick up in the next two weeks.
    Probably going to run a second marathon this year- New Forest in September, so the 14 week programme starts mid June methinks...
  • Options
    Stickless, stay positive.

I don't like V Jones so my money is on Vrap.

Well done Laura, sound interesting though.

Well done all racers.

My team did well in the relay.
    I got there & found I was my main man down not good. He then suprised us by turning up [should be reviseing for exams]. Another bouns was another runner turning up I did'nt expect.

So:
    leg 1 we came home 2nd
    leg 2 we were a short distance in front
    Leg 3 we were a long way in front
    Leg 4 [me] I only had to finish the job off. At halfway turn around I knew I had it won even though I was being chased down by a 31min 10k runner.
    Can't say I ran fast but I do feel very strong, which is what I want.

Tim

Wedensday is tommorow BR!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Dustin,
    I'll see you at the New Forest I'm running the half before my autumn marathon.
  • Options
    Yes Laura I forgot to say, will the experience give you nightmares- or them?
  • Options
    Good stuff BT, must be great to be last under those conditions.

Monique, hope they have the nightmares! If they were expecting devastating RW cover runner in micro-crop top they were disappointed.
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Evening everyone, just got back from my 10K race so a brief report as promised. Conditions not ideal, a stiff swirling wind to add to the long grinding hill in the first half of the race. I can normally run 39-40 mins on a flat course but this did not look promising for sub-40.

Got to half way in 20:33 so I had my work cut out for the 2nd half, at least it was reasonably flat from now on. To cut a long story short I had pulled back most of the deficit, went through 9K in 36:10. This is where the mental stuff had to come into play 'yes you can do a sub-3:50 last K, you can start by catching that bloke in front (one of my mates from a rival club). I passed him half way through the last K knowing he would chase me. It was eyeballs out for the last 400m. '39:57' I heard the man on the finish line say. I had covered the last K in 3:47.

This is the first time I have broken 40 mins on this course so I am currently grinning like the proverbial Cheshire cat. Off to the pub with clubmates now for beer and post race autopsy.

Stickless..so sorry, bad news does sometimes come in batches. Hope your family come through it OK, best wishes to them.
  • Options
    Good going Wardi, a good night for us racers.
  • Options
    Great run Wardi, where was the race?
  • Options
    Excellent results and performances BT and Wardi.

Now someone remind me the day and date tomorrow?
  • Options
    Yep, well done tonight's racers - fantastic stuff.

Barnsley - let's just agree it's Saturday tomorrow. Any Saturday.
  • Options
    Congrtaulation BT & well done especially Wardi.
  • Options
    report now posted
    longer than I intended I'm afraid
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Tonight's race was in Pocklington Monique, private affair between the York & District based clubs. Helps us keep in trim over the summer. We are hosting the next 10K in the series at Tadcaster in 2 weeks time.

You may remember running our 10K course at the start of your duathlon fairly recently (very impressively as I remember). The hill from hell between 6 and 7K beckons. If I can do under 40 mins on our course I will be ecstatic.
  • Options
    I remember the 10k- very good course, and a complete mystery as when we reccied it the day before we set off out of the school in the wrong direction, there was a hill in it if I remember correctly?