Options

Mundane thread

Comments

• Options

Morning. Need to get up and at it. I am back to my usual lazy self and this is not good.

I am blocking up the banister as the dining room is open plan, it is also quite cold as all the heat goes up. The top of the stairs is where I always used to sit as it was the warmest place in the house, all well and good but I don't want to spend my entire life sitting at the top of the stairs.
    Thing is, I need to decide if I'm going to board up both sides or not. It would look tidier if I did and be a lot easier to paint.

Need to go shopping for food for me and the cats, I also need to do some exercise and go for a little run to see how fit I am. Going out tonight. Nothing is going to happen if I sit here on my big fat bum.

No cows will be involved.

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I'm wearing a Christmas jumper too image Subtle though, so as not to scare the patients.

How did you trip over a cow, Madbee? image

It snowed yesterday. This morning there was ice. I wonder what tomorrow will bring...

• Options

Baby steps till 5.00....baby steps to 5.00!!

(A bollox of a day so far...1st apt 15 mins late, had to squeeze in an emergency apt...3rd apt 30 MINS LATE...only let her in cos she'd traveled 80 miles to get here....I wanna go home!!)  image

• Options

((((gfb)))))

No snow here although was a proper frost this morning it was very pritty.

In mundane news I've just worked it out and this is the first christmas I havn't had to w**k on christmas week since I was in school. image Know I had a couple of day's off last year but not counting them as was poorly sick.

• Options

I've had to work Christmas day in the past. Not anymore though, well not at the moment. Don't know if I'll get another job yet.

I have exercised, I haven't run yet, I'm only going to do about 3 miles just to see how I feel. Then I need to shop. 

• Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

1 hour and counting!!!

• Options

I have runned and bought the cat food. Now for human food shop.

Thank you for looking after my 'todo' list.

• Options

My wirly-gig washing line snapped off at ground level this morning. Sheets and duvet covers all lying in the wet grass. Think it might finally be too much for Big to fix. But knowing Big, it may well live to dry another load.

• Options

image In mundane news I'm now off w**k until after christmas so see you girls and gem's later. image

I'd like to wish you all a very happy christmas and a brilliant 2014. May all your problems be small ones and all your adventures be excellent. image

• Options

My black bin is by the garage waiting to go out for tomorrow morning nice and early as we have the collection day early due to Xmas, but the new year one is on the normal day.

• Options

Our black bin is being collected tomorrow too, there is also a rogue blue box on the road at the moment, I suspect it belongs to next door as they are slack at bringing their bins in.

We have just had a curry to celebrate MrKJ's last day in his job. image

• Options

Merry Christmas Cake image

goodnight everyoneimage

• Options

Good night Mr. P. 

I may stay up a bit longer as I'm not really tired and I need to recharge my ereader.

• Options
    Cake wrote (see)

image In mundane news I'm now off w**k until after christmas so see you girls and gem's later. image

I'd like to wish you all a very happy christmas and a brilliant 2014. May all your problems be small ones and all your adventures be excellent. image

I'm not that much of a problem, am I? imageimage Merry Christmas to you too Cake! Hope the new year will be a good one for you both.

One last trip out in the wind and rain and I shall be done. Mother ship is landing on Tuesday until the 27th, with her over bouncy dog. But all should go well this year. *crosses fingers* image

• Options

Merry Christmas Cake

My bins are back in, after being blown about once emptied. I was out swimming first thing so they were retrieved when I got back. Driving to swimming was a case of dodge the bins and puddles and bits of trees.

We went out for dinner last night, home just before midnight, feeling very tired I may need a nap to recharge my batteries.

• Options

We have weather today, lots of wet and windy. image

It would have been my mother's birthday today. Always the best day to go Christmas shopping and see all the lights. image I may wander into town at 3 when it's dark, though it's very dark now. Lights on all day day.

ion I am feeling totally drained and achy and weak. 

There's a Christmas day parkrun in Eastbourne so i fancy getting up and doing that, otherwise I will be all alone all day which I don't fancy much at all.

• Options

As it is the winter solstice today I do not feel upset that I need the lights on all day, because it means that summer will be on the way, well a bit more daylight hours at least. I now have a festive tree up.

• Options

We have a tree up now too. Just need to bring in a bit more green, Thankfully there's plenty of holly and ivy in the garden and the birds were kind enough to leave us a few berries.

• Options

I have cheese.  Had a moment of panic when I turned up at The Cheese Society to find their cheese counter had disappeared to make way for more tables in the cafe.  Fortunately a sign was up to point out they had a new cheese shop which is well placed on the main tourist route at the foot of the hill.  So I have Caerphilly, White Stilton and, my all time favourite - Cornish Yarg.

• Options

LR, you have your priorities correct.

I am doing housework whilst listening to Carols and joining in with singing, well out of tune wailing more accurately, but it is quite therapeutic and I seem to be ticking off jobs to be done apart from creating more for Mr Steady when he gets in from work.

I tried cleaning the main lounge lights, got 2 out of 3 candle bulbs out and the glass bits came off but one is not budging and just going round and round in the holder so have left that for sorting out by him. At least most is clean and bright and sparkly.

• Options

Housework big fat fail here. All I achieve is making big piles of stuff that have no home. Still, I have an empty box.

And I have some yarg.

• Options

I've just got up ! I drank far too much last night then shopped all day so my ten mile run was hard work. I had a bath and went to bed. 

Is Yarg the one that you can get wrapped in nettles Mousey?

• Options

That's right Mr.P. or you can get garlic yarg which is wrapped in wild garlic leaves, actually I think it's not wild garlic but alleria which smells and tastes like garlic.

I'm fed up. Have been trying to do my Christmas shopping online. Don't need anything til end of the month but this Christmas thing is getting in the way. Ho hum.

• Options

Where has everyone gone? image I am drinking a glass of wine, I have just had cheesecake.

• Options

I am w tching the last three episodes of homeland back to back I am a gibbering wreck of paranoia and fear.

• Options

Well I've been to Walesby - but that was much earlier in the day.  Likewise just chilling out with a glass of wine to try to put the week ahead out of my mind.

• Options

I have done almost all the housework tasks and cooked a tasty lamb stew, there is enough left over for dinner tomorrow. I had a Bacardi and j2o, so feeling chilled out.

• Options

Thought that there was going to be a dry spell today so I could go do some Christmas shopping. It hasn't happened. Do I catch the bus or shop locally. (charity shops and supermarkets). I have tons to do around the house, can leave that for a rainy day though.

Oh!

• Options

It's not at all nice out there. I need to go and rescue my black bin from the gate. I can see it. It's still upright but it might not be for much longer. Really don't want to have to go out at all. I also need parsley. That's in the garden. I am going to be a soggy moggy. image

• Options

Well the bin is back but then it never actually left. Just done my good-deed of the day and brought the neighbours bin back for them. Hope it won't float away.

We seem to have sprung a leak. With the wind driving the rain straight at the back of the barn the water has found its way in through tiny gaps in the stone and wood. I am running out of dry towels.