Options

Abingdon Marathon 2010

1545556575860»

Comments

• Options
    Hmmmm.....i'm on a bit of post-marathon downer if truth be known.......first marathon for me, got sub 3 hr.....hmmmm......have had a week of drinking and eating what i want image, got a 5km next weekend and Reading half in the spring.  I have analysed my race pace and was running 8 minute miles for the last 2 miles which in my eyes is a minute a mile slower than i should have been therefore there was a 2:54 up for grabs......could i someday get a sub 2:50......i wonder......
  • Options

Yes, definitelyimage 

Feeling a bit deflated here as well mate. Put so much work into the training and the race, now its all over I'm kind of in limbo. I'm having two weeks easy then starting to train for Aberystwyth 10k so hope that will pick me up again.

• Options

SA - Keep that chin up..... runners we are! I was aiming for sub 3.30 at the start of training then sub 3.15 got 3.10 and feel as if I acheived very little and keep thinking I could have gone a good bit quicker.image I guess it is this that keeps us going and striving for better. If we ever get our goal we would stop running and we dont want that!!! Your time was cracking and you obviously can get yourself in a postion to get under 2.50. Read, understand, talk, ask, practice, experiement and explore what that extra bit requires and that small margin can be bridged.