Options

Abingdon Marathon 2010

Comments

• Options

D2D/Rymer - I've seen pace cars with clocks leading out races (only for a few seconds though image)

My wife's away on a nursing-student-class-of-76 reunion this weekend - I opened the bread bin tonight and remembered why I should have gone to Tesco this evening. Sod it - carb loading on biscuits tonight then!

• Options

Morning all

All packed and ready to make my way up to Abo this morning. Hope everyone is fit and healthy and well rested. Hope to catch up with all of you tomorrow. If I don't have a great day and thanks for all the banter, good wishes, tips and advice that you have all shared over the last four months.

I'll be in a Port Talbot Harriers vest(white with diagonal red and black stripes) with CHRIS on the back. Grey shorts and long white comp socks and number 35.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, THE WORK IS DONE NOW MAKE IT PAYimage.

Remember, pain is temporary, pride is forever.

• Options

PIpes- Hope the back is feeling better today.

Well, the carbs are going in at a rapid rate of knots and had a good 9.5 hrs kip last night...woohoo...not banking on a good kip tonight, although nothing usually stops me sleeping.  (10 yrs in Navy and sleeping on warships does mean I can sleep through almost anything) 

Best of luck everyone........where does one purchase a ticket for the 3 hr train image

• Options

Good luck everyone for tomorrow. We'll be heading down to abo later this morning.

Anyone wondering about pacing, just go with what feels comfortable for the first 10 and then assess possible targets. This works for me.

Just about managed to shift the sniffles, so it will be a steady start for me.

The gun will have just gone this time tomorrow!

FTAT

• Options

Best wishes to you all for tomorrow!! image

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭

Pipes - hope it's not anything lingering.  I was undecided all week about doing Abo for similar reasons - my back has been not good since last Sunday, but over the week it's eased up and at the stage of just a dull ache now, so I'll see you tomorrow.  Although that won't be for long as you'll be way up the road once we start!image

Best wishes everyone.  Hope you come away with what you hope to achieve!

• Options

Just popping on to wish everyone all the best tomorrow. Hope you have the race of your dreams. Maybe see some of you there. Sub three ladies - the lady that won it last year is running it again, although she didnt think she was going to as she's had a few niggles and is not in the best of shape but will be going for sub 3 anyway, apparently and certainly wont be far away. Should be fairly close between Pipes, Hilly  and her. so best of luck. Have a cracking smackdown!

VERY EXCITED.....

• Options
    All the best to you all for 2 morrowimageimage
  • Options
    PipesPipes ✭✭✭
    Hilly - sorry to hear that you've had something similar to me. I sometimes get tightness on my right side but never my left, as this niggle is now. I'm still at the hobbling stage where it hurts to walk...just hope for a miracle tomorrow (or that it's easier to run on than to walk, as some injuries are). I will test it later over about half a mile to see. I, too, blame being busy at work for this - lots of marking at the minute.
  • Options
    D2D.....very, very sorry to hear about your father !    Good luck for the marathon  tomorrow and take care of yourself xx
  • Options

image ((((D2D))))

See you guys tomorrow just about to head down south. I'll be the bloke at the back with a silly grin on my face.image

• Options
    PipesPipes ✭✭✭
    More hugs for you ((((D2D)))). I think you are very brave running tomorrow. Whatever happens, I'm sure your father would have been proud of your attitude. Take care of yourself.
  • Options
    D2D, so sorry to hear that, ((((((hug)))))), i know that doesnt help much , but thoughts are with you..
  • Options

D2D - So sorry to hear about your father. Take care and we'll let you do your own thing tomorrow.

Spoons and CJ78 - I'll be wearing a bright turpquise t-shirt and maybe an old Helly Hansen top at the start (I've got supporters I'm hoping to chuck spare clothes at at some point). Hope to see you there. 

Everyone - the miles have been run, the gels and power bars purchased, the perfect weather arranged (I know people in the Met Office), so nothing to do but wish everyone good luck and happy racing!

• Options
    cake!! your a northern boy heading to us southern peeps!! x good luck hun!
  • Options
    PipesPipes ✭✭✭
    I'm now looking a bit more doubtful after the jog around the block this afternoon. My hip is covered in deep heat and have taken Ibuprofen. Doing lots of stretching and planning to rest for the remainder of the evening. Any other ideas? I'm hoping that tonight's sleep works miracles.
  • Options
    D2D - I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

Good luck everyone tomorrow...

Lemony and (maybe D2D), see you in the little room. I'm number 612. If we don't meet I'll be leaning against the 3:30 sign if there is one.
  • Options

D2D - I'm really sorry to hear about your father.  I'm sure running in his memory will give you the mental strength to run the marathon...good luck and I'll be thinking about you xx

• Options
    D2D. How awful for you. Thoughts are with you.
  • Options

I'm not sure whether i am running.

Hubby has been in bed ill for the last three days and today I have started to come down with the same symptoms.

I'll see how I feel in the mornign and take it from there.

• Options
    m.ittenm.itten ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

D2D - I don't know you, but offer my sympathies. I'm sure you will do your father proud tomorrow (((())))

I still hope to be there but still not fully recovered from this cold. Therefore I'll be going even slower than originally planned.

I'll be looking out for the Fetchies (ESP Rich who's a member of my running club), RW peeps, pirates etc.
  • Options
    m.ittenm.itten ✭✭✭
    Poxy iPhone - having to do post in two parts!!

Word has it there's a pub everyone heads to after - anyone know where it is & what it's called?

Ta, Mitts
  • Options
    could be the Boundary house?
  • Options

D2D - Sorry for your loss. 

Hope injuires/sickness are sorted and everyone makes it to the start line.  See you all tomorrow, good luck to all, remember pain is temporary, when it starts hurting just push through it.

• Options

D2D - I'm so so sorry.  I hope running tomorrow helps - I know it would for me.  You know we'll all be thinking of you.

Cara - I'll look out for you - 1030 you said?  I'm 168 and I'll be in a pink long sleeved top (I feel the cold!) and a pale blue/pink vest over the top. I think I might managed 9.15 the whole way around (I've done that pace before earlier this year) but I'm not sure, given my less than adequate training, that I'd manage upping it to 9m/m for the rest.... still, with company, I don't know?!  I'll look out for you at the start anyway but if I don't see you - GOOD LUCK and hope you break the 4 hours.

If I don't manage to get on here again before tomorrow morning, good luck to everyone tomorrow - I hope your training all pays off and, most importantly, that everyone has good FUN!

Take care all of you, Brookie x

• Options
    D2D Sorry to hear about your loss.
  • Options

Good luck to everyone today....

Just off to Abingdon now

• Options

Back home after a great race.  Really enjoyed it.  Made all the better by a cheeky 2 hr 56 image

Time for a drink of Old Speckled Hen ale.....not had one since August 15th!!!!

Hope you all had a good race and my thoughts especially with D2D. 

I look forward to the post-race tales and banter