Options

Moraghan Training - Stevie G

Comments

• Options

Stevie... Take my word for it, The Beautiful Running Body, doesn't last long when the running stops....

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

I'm only going off your forum pic Bluey, but you look in good shape for 74 image

• Options

Thanks Stevie... Your making me blush!!!!

• Options
    DachsDachs ✭✭✭
    Yep, burn bright but briefly, that's the idea. Like George Best. Or, more realistically, Franny Jeffers.
  • Options

The Fox in the Box... Could'nt stop laughing for weeks when the gunners bought him for 7/8 mil....

• Options
    The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Better to have lived one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep eh? Well, I suppose that all depends on whtehr you end up in a Findus frozen Shepherds pie or spnd your day promoting Kellogs Frosties!

Personally I'd quite fancy being a sheep - as long as it was as a Herdwick on the Cumbrian fells! They're bloody quick too!

baaa...

• Options
    DachsDachs ✭✭✭
    By the way, Bluenose, what was the time trial? I seem to remember time trials being a staple of my time with Frome. It wasnt the classic Pedlar's Grove was it?
  • Options

Dachs, you done most of it on the HM last year, difference is you start at rugby club, down Beaconfields Way onto stonebridge Drive, follow 10k & HM course down to car showroom on Rodden road... Right there, upto traffic lights, then right up past football ground, along to Forest road, left, upto tesco's, then right left up Beconfield back to rugby club... Its a tw*t of a course....

• Options

As usual I blink and you lot have talked a good race or twoimage

SS - I have Asics XC spikes, which I bought the same size as my Asics road & XC shoes. I'm not sure what makes them XC spikes as they still came with 6mm spikes rather than something meatier.

Bracknell track being cleaned today, so we did long reps in Palmer Park. Starting with 6 x ~800m with 15s RI. Aiming for a nudge under 3:00 for 800m Turns out they were 660m and the first 3 were 2:25, 2:37, 2:37, then the legs went and I struggled to maintain even 5km pace - rep time 3:03. Gave up and did slow laps around the park. Obviously not completely recovered from Sat's race.

In other news, I qualified to race as a GB age-grouper for the European sprint duathlon championships in Holland!

• Options
    DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭
    Congrats ironcat, does that get a gb vest
  • Options
    dean richardson 7 wrote (see)
    Congrats ironcat, does that get a gb vest

A GB onesieimage

• Options
    DachsDachs ✭✭✭
    Iron, that's great news, massive congratulations. Ooh, one of our own representing GB. It's enough to make you go all teary eyed.

Were you in Palmer Park in Reading? I ran past a group of runners as I jogged back from the track in the direction of home tonight.

Bluenose, I know that loop very well. My parents live right in the middle of it.
  • Options

Congrats Ironcat.... When is it???

• Options

Cheers guys. Yep, Palmer Park in Reading, most of us had red TVT t-shirts on. I was the one limping at the back. Some recovery work to do it would seem.

Race is on the 21st April.

• Options
    ML84ML84 ✭✭✭
    Congrats iron, getting a GB vest is stuff dreams are made of! Brilliant news!

I don't know what's happened to be but working in the south and the majority being southerners on here means I've checked the weather forecast for Trafford. 37 mph gusts. :-/ lets hope they're tailwind gusts over the last 5k.image
  • Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

good work Iron, and all this time pretending you were the back marker on the thread image

15secs recoveries in between 800s though? (well 660s) image

back to work...and a rest day, what a bad combo.

• Options

Thanks SG, Matt.

I'll always be the thread back-marker, it is after all a purely running thread! image

The intervals were about speed endurance. I did query whether I'd heard it correctly..15s or 50s?

• Options
    JohnasJohnas ✭✭✭

Well done Iron... A GB onesie is not to be sniffed at (quite literally I should imagine!) image

• Options
    The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Certainly not after the event anyway!

Nice one Iron!

• Options

Matt, I just checked the weather. 19MPH winds with 35mph gusts for Sunday. It's perfectly still and calm at the moment, seems to start on Saturday.

• Options

Nice one there Iron: any county or regional vest or medal is great, national the step up! Day off for me, coincided nicely with a really wet day down here when my slot for runing was 7 to 8 am and the hot water in the office is broken so not unhappy about having a day off at all.

• Options

IronCat - you absolute champ. A GB vest that's insane. Well done mate.

• Options

Forgot, need to declare 6x800m reps here so come tomorrow lunchtime I do them and don't do 3 x 568.261485 millilitres.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

what's this odd "path image" bit under my text box? Anyone know? Font's coming out darn small too.

4x1200s tomorrow. Progressive job, 10k, 5k,3k pace. 120sec jog.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

That posted ok, so i'll just have to deal with the font tiny when I write it!

Just sorting my May racing programme.

Had been wrestling with the usual Monday bank hol race/Silverstone 10k/Marlow 5/Charndon 5k little gaggle of races.

A great race has popped up through Sandhurst which has ruled the Silverstone one unnecessary, so now it's Marlow 5/Charndon 5k.

Run it past the big man, not overly keen, but probably allowing it, but I just wondered what your thoughts are on a Sunday 5miler, and a Tuesday evening 5k?

Worth doing both, or shall I just bin the 5k off?

• Options
    The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Not sure - I'm getting that too SG. Odd, but the RW site was down today, so maybe connected. Sounds like a good session tomorrow.

Philip - your landlord pours a damn accurate pint!!  Good idea declaring in advance though, as it does give the pressure to actually do it! Peer pressure is one of the best things about this forum! So, on that note - I declare a rest day tomorrow, 15M Sat and intervals on Sunday (if they let me on the track at the same time as my kids athletics!).

xc double today totalling 13.5M, but pace is still bett - very muddy again, but pace OK. Tired legs, but I worked out I've done 95miles and 7000 feet in the past 10 days (despite the back pain) so not surprising. Bizzarely, yesterday's tempo seems to have helped the back as well - it's not gone, but seems to have setltled to a manageable level at least.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

annoyingly, i can't PM you and Phil potentially regarding Marlow 5. Hopefully neither of you have entered yet. Phil, we'll talk sunday if i can't mail you before then....

ps Phil, it's a 14 on the schedule Sunday...so whether i do a 2 up to you first or something else, we'll work it out!

• Options
    .Seb.Seb ✭✭✭
    dean richardson 7 wrote (see)

Seb. dont know how you are fixed on saturday for a warm up buddy but if you are free let me know

Sounds good Dean, Ill try to find you which may be difficult, Ill be moseying around watching a race or two then probably around the suffolk tent just before warmup, not sure if we have a flag, Ill keep an eye out for you.

Great job on the Duathlon IronCat, Do you have to pay for the trip yourself though? Now its warming up Ill be digging the bike out soon for the summer months.. bring on the road rash!

• Options
    The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Nope - PM's not working for me either...

• Options

Thanks Phil & Seb. I have to pay for the trip myself though I'm hoping to be over that way for work.

I think I've ridden on the road 5 times this year, and 2 of those have been races!

Massage earlier to see how the legs are. Night time XC this evening in the fog and rain. Something ridiculous like 9km in an hour! Good fun though, and a change to the usual speedy pace.