Options

How come subscribers don't get free gift

2»

Comments

• Options
    eastham75eastham75 ✭✭✭

My subscription just seems to be automatic? would love a gift though.

• Options
    Tesco have Runner's World and Triathlete's World bundled together at a 27% discount on cover price.  Can't work out whether this is cheaper than subscribing to both
  • Options
    runnerman wrote (see)

Had a lovely letter from RW today. Renew for another year for £34 and I get a free RW Complete
    Guide to Running.

It did say in the letter "RW is the one magazine you can rely on"

I got that letter too, RM, but I have already cancelled my DD because I am getting nothing new out of the mag anymore.

• Options
    What puzzles me is why offer their book about running when I can get it through their magazine.
  • Options
    As someone said on the book thread - it puts all the features in one place
  • Options

I don't give a damn about the freebie - I just want to peruse a copy of the mag! I've been in 6 - count 'em! - SIX! - branches of Smith's now and none have carried it! Apart from the one in GX town centre, none have been small, either! Obviously Bucks-ites don't run! image

I've got to go to Wycombe again Thursday (treated myself to a new top from Next, and I need to pick it up. Shame Next make you pay first) and I'll trek down to Sainsbury's - see if they carry it!  image

• Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭

As a subscriber, I pay less than £2 a month for my RW mag which easily covers the "free" gift of a packet of SIS sugar in one go. In all the years of subscribing I've saved enough money to be able to eat my own weight in chips.

• Options
    fat face - sorry to be a pedant, but there is very very little sugar in the SiS Gels. I use them on my long runs, and they're great!
  • Options
    StrayceltStraycelt ✭✭✭
    I asked RW towers about this some time ago and it's to do with discounts versus attracting new customers. Our sub discount more than offsets and the suppliers of the freebies only supply the stuff for general sale not for the xxxxx that are mailed out so costs less tehre too. I asked about a loyalty reward a couple of years back as have subscribed for years and my original enticement, my RW watch is bust and the new ones looked like an improvement.. no prizes. But my ongoing is cheaper than the new offers too!
  • Options
    Been waiting 2weeks for free gift from signing up at an event- was told it’d be sent within a week! Giving RW one more week and then cancelling my subscription as I j my signed up for the free gift! Shocking company