Options

VLM 2010 Survivors

Comments

• Options

/members/images/382746/Gallery/80765472.jpg

Still Smiling after 26.2 miles, could I have gone a bit faster?

• Options

Pinks..... never done Koln marathon should be flatisth but why not save your pennies and come and do the Basingstoke half... 11 am start and Mrs G and I will be there. A good one for others to think about I hope.

Have a look.... http://www.destinationbasingstoke.co.uk/?page=BasingstokeHalfMarathon 

• Options

I survived it, 4 hrs 35mins though! image 20 mins longer than hoped for!

RG how did you get the proof pics????

• Options

Good running Alison you got round and made it.

Photos I go into marathonfoto and bring up my photos there is an icon that enlarges the photo, I enlarge it then click file and then click "save page as" you get a load of files one of which is the photo, took a while to do it but got there in the end, I have seen some good ones of me this time, they are a bit dear to buy though! 

• Options

/members/images/552610/Gallery/on_course_VLM.JPG

thanks, I managed to do it using the print screen function, save it in paint as a jpeg afterwards. image

way too dear to buy! 

• Options
    Rod I can't find the icon that enlarges the photo - help?!!
  • Options

I guess by the silence in here means everyone is out enjoying the sunshine- think of me as some of us are working all weekend image

but just back from a little speedwork session

of 8 x 400m with 2mins recovery

feeling like i'm acutually making some decent progress on the speedwork front- especially as last year i didn't do any and now i'm actually liking it!!

pinks- i'd love to do one abroad but think it'll have to be next year what with our trip  simon's sisters wedding in italy in september mounting up there won't be many pennies left- unless i can find one in that part of the world while i'm there........................... maybe imageimage

Hapyy easter all

• Options

Alison well done,, same time as me last year when I wanted 4.20 and got 4.35......well done for getting round in the heat. Three barbecues and lots of cricket this weekend and no running yet........two weeks to go might yet make it round if nothing else with No2 daughter.

Hope all having good weekend and any work Hash?

Good speed Vik keep at it just dont pull anything, hamstrings, achilles etc.......

• Options

Good going with the speedwork Vik

Not yet Mark, but I've plastered my CV on every website you can think of.  I'll hear the result of the second interview for the posh London job on Tuesday, but I'm not hopeful, it's taking them too long to make a decision.   I'm pretty sure they've offered it to someone else and I'm first reserve.  Still, to get down to the last two when it's my first interview in 12 years is a confidence boost in itself.  

I have a little plan up my sleeve, though.  Would you all still speak to me if I became an estate agent?image  I'm starting a very, very part time job next Saturday.  It's only every other weekend, for the princely sum of £6 per hour (before tax!!!!), but it's a start, it gets me out of the door and it means I can say "I'm going to work".  Besides, if I'm any good at it, it really could lead to something long term.  

Meanwhile running is absolutely saving my sanity.  Had a lovely little bimble around in the sunshine this morning, with no pressure to stick to any tyrannical training plan.  When people say "what do you do"?  I can still say "I'm a runner"

• Options

good news Hash- of course i'll speak to you our estate agent who looks aftre our place is actually lovely!!

good luck with London one- even if you don't get it as you say massive boost and great experience, will be thinking of you tuesday!

you could jack it al in and become one of our new cabin crew................... image 

happy monday all- i'm of for a double- yuck but at least i'll get double premuim pay so its not too bad!!

• Options
    Hash. wrote (see)

I have a little plan up my sleeve, though.  Would you all still speak to me if I became an estate agent?image  I'm starting a very, very part time job next Saturday.  It's only every other weekend, for the princely sum of £6 per hour (before tax!!!!), but it's a start, it gets me out of the door and it means I can say "I'm going to work".  Besides, if I'm any good at it, it really could lead to something long term.  

Meanwhile running is absolutely saving my sanity.  Had a lovely little bimble around in the sunshine this morning, with no pressure to stick to any tyrannical training plan.  When people say "what do you do"?  I can still say "I'm a runner"

I spent yesterday afternoon with some friends, 2 of their kids were car salesmen, Estate Agency is a much better plan Hash image
    Good luck with the other thing on a positive note you havn't been told no yet!

Have had a few days trying to shake off the lury, things seema bit better now so I will venture out today with my friend from a couplke of viullages away, don't feel fully better but my legs feel rested and I have eaten a lot at the wekend so i want to go, If I feel naff I can always stop!

• Options
    Gatton did I ask if you've done or know anything about Cologne mara - October?

Ran again this morning did 6 miles over the fields - it was just beautiful out there. Had to use my inhaler thought - combination of pollen and remnants of post marathon sniffles wasn't good!!

Hash my brother is back from hols tomorrow so going to see if he has any ideas re yours and Blouse's CVs and some of my other surveyors/property management contacts. Can you email me them again though if not too much hassle because our system crashed again (flippin BT line/connection) and everything in my inbox went and I hadn't saved to server at work.
  • Options

6 miles ran today very slow and hilly so here goes hopefully but I went out on the hills and fells so not much tarmac!!! Back to work in the morning.....anyway only a three day week!!!!!!!  My cold didn't help a right streamer. HOpe it clears for the 8th going to stagger round no pb just get round.

All the best for the Royal week......image

• Options

Mark, that's fantastic, so good to see.  Hope the lurgy clears up.  Yours too Rod.  I know I keep banging on about this stuff, but I absolutely swear by echinacea - the tincture not the tablets.  Holland and Barrett sell it, it boosts the immune system and either wards off the lurgy or helps you shift it more quickly if you take it after the bugs have taken hold.

Pinks *mwah*.image  E-mail on its way and big thanks. How's Mr P?

• Options
    Entered!!! Who else??
  • Options
    I'm in the priority ballot
  • Options
    I'm in the ballot too!!!
  • Options

CBA......image

Pinks... Cologne is one I haven't done but not a bad city to look around. As before why not come and do Basingstoke half instead and go for a good time

• Options
    morning all, feeling abit etter today , the cold is on its way out, managed a 10 miler yesterday in the sun, all semed ok, will do ofroad tonight all being well.
  • Options

Own up then who is in the ballot?image

Good news Rod............

• Options

i've entered..............

just back from a steady hilly 4 miles in the gym afterwork at 10.28 pace image get me with the still speedy legs!

anyone know of any good references for core/strength workout!!

• Options
    Yep I'm in!! image

Only just getting over the post marathon virus - pollen count isn't helping chest much though and had to take inhaler on run Monday morning. Decided another rest day today and then nice easy 6 miler after work tomorrow.
  • Options

Morning.  Had my first run last night.  1.5 mile warm up, 3 x mile intervals (down and back up a hill)  and 1.5 mile back to club.  Didn't take my watch but I know we did the first two intervals at 7:45 mile pace.  I have decided to stick with the faster group over the summer to try and find some speed in my legs.

Next Wednesday I am doing my first 5km race for the club.  I don't think I have officially run that distance for about 5 years.

Well after all I said I couldn't help myself and I have entered the ballot.  Not expecting to get a place, I'm waiting to see if the club are doing an overseas one next spring and may think about doing that.

Hope all are well, the pollen count has shot up this past week and I'm very sneezy.

Hash - with your inside knowledge any tips for selling a house?  We are looking to put ours on the market very soon.

I've lost my profile pic - grrrr

• Options

Takes while for them to put the pics in, they have to approve them I think?? Nice pic action shot.

Just been out for a little plod, three miles in 27minutes exactly in the sunshine and cross the fields so happy with that but very unfit, going to be a struggle to keep up with no2 daughter on the 8th but if I can toe the line with her I will be happy. Any suggestions for ten day training plan for a half marathon??? Or am I mad?image

• Options
    Well done Mark, good to read that you are back from the back problems and getting betterimage having only done 2 half marathon's I couldn't give sound advice on the training front, sorry.
  • Options
    Mark...IMHO  if you just want the confidence of completing the race then that will be OK... The thought of racing it is way too far away...
  • Options

I have had a day feeling rubbish didn't run yesterday owing to a groin niggle which was here today too, however it has just disappeared as quickly as it appeared. I think I am suffering from a post marathon lethargy thing , hopefully now I am ok, did 10 miles Monday so no issues with getting out there, I think my mind is playing games with me image

Mark I think Gatton is right just aim to get round, if you could maybe do a STEADY 8 miler at the weekend  to give you a bit of confidence and a couple of runs in the week then that should do you..

Suze that club is doing you the world of good, need to get my intervals started again. 

I think tomorrow first thing a steady gym session and then later a few miles to try out the new trail shoes.

Oh and I entered the ballot.