Options

West Pinchbeck 10K

Just seen that this is on again this year image but that Muke isn't organising it image.  I'm sure it will be just as fab as always image

Comments

• Options
    Marcus is still involved, it's just that he's got a lot more help this year
  • Options
    image  Thanks Aimee - I see that my cheque has been cashed so I'm definitely going to be there and in the pub afterwards tooimage
  • Options

Minardi

I.m in 2nd time hopefully more waterstops this time?

• Options
    But Speedy - you don't need loads of waterstops for a 10k, surely?  You run too fast to collect any water on the way through anyway image
  • Options
    I've just signed up here for my first 10km ever. Mine's a guinness, Minardi!
  • Options
    Hello No 84 *waves* - this was my first ever 10k 4 years ago and I keep coming back as it's such a lovely race (the pub's not much but they've got a garden to sit in which is all that matters image).  I'll be in my fetch vest with minardi on the back so make yourself known if you see me.
  • Options
    I know I'm biased, but this is a great race, my favorite 10k by far and also the holder of my PB.
  • Options
    and the sun always shines image
  • Options
    Oh dear. I was hoping it would be overcast, cool and with a backwind all the way around...
  • Options

Minardi

I no me to well .Crums .You not on FB much?

• Options

Its was my first race in 2007

watched it in 2008 due to injury and ran again 2009

Just hoping to stay injury free to run in 2010 as missed so many races this year... love this race and pub afterwards image 

• Options

I'm still around Speedy image

FML - fingers x'd that you make it to WP next month (and t'pub!)

No 84 - how's the training going?

• Options
    Oops - a month to reply, Minardi.

Training? Well...I'm sitting here eating a rather large pack of fruit gums. I still hope to get my super-duper time of < 1 hour but we shall see. My training schedule is constantly changed by me for some reason - I really should settle on something and stick to it but I know better than all the experts out there...
  • Options

1 week to go.... looking forward to it... see you all there image

How the entries going aimee... i am EOD, lost so much money this year with unable to race due to injuries. 

• Options
    Yep - 1 week.

This is my first race for about 15 years should I...

Have a time that I'm aiming for that I'm pretty sure I can get? Probably.
    Have trained a bit more? Surely.
    Eaten less fruit gums? Definitely.
    Run slowly and just aim to finish to give me a PB to go for in the future? Probably.

Oh well. At least there's a recommended pub at the end for a guinness and pork scratchings. If you see someone collapsed at the finish line then just pull my by my foot into the bar image

M.
  • Options
    I've just been to drive around the route to make sure there's no hidden mountains, etc. and I see that the local pub has been closed / boarded up! It's the New Bridge Inn and if that's where the post-gallop drink was to be we're out of luck
  • Options

It's The Ship in Pinchbeck that we go to, No 84 - it's the nearest, still-open pub (well, it was last year anyway!)

lol at hidden mountains!!  there may be a molehill to trip over - if we're really unlucky!

• Options
    i can have a word with the local farmers No 84 and get them to create a mountain, just for you image
  • Options
    Look - I train in Kirton - we don't do mountains in Kirton image
  • Options

No84 -  we must pass each other sometimes!  I occasionally do my lsr out through Kirton to Sutterton and out to the A17 roundabout before turning for home - just under 20 miles if I add a roundabout or 2!  So if you see a knackered red faced "lady" runner (I use both "lady" and "runner" loosely here image) on a Wed or Thurs morning, that'll be me!

FML - I hope you manage to stay injury-free for the next week.  I'm nursing a dodgy back so haven't ran for a few days.  I'm hoping to go for a wee joggette later, after numerous painkillers (whisky & vodka mainlyimage) so keep everything crossed for me!

• Options
    Looking at your previous times at the 10k, Minardi, you're more of a runner than me and I doubt if you'll see me on your route - I prefer the villages, country lanes and running amongst the cabbages but then - I don't run 20 miles at a time.

M.
  • Options
    2 Events and I back for this one just after 8weeks of no running with an HandString.But now I back.This Event was allso warmer and this weekend will be slighter warmer.
  • Options
    Do we have a postcode I can 'SatNav' for the event? Dont wanna miss the start... Although I havent actually signed up for it yet - hoping theres enough spaces left for me on the day. Could be my last race of the season..
  • Options
    TRAVELLING TO WEST PINCHBECK
    Race Headquarters and start and finish are at West Pinchbeck Primary School, Leaveslake Drove, West Pinchbeck, Spalding, Lincs. PE11 3QJ. If approaching from the A151 Spalding/Bourne Road, turn into Six House Bank, or if approaching from Northgate or Beck Bank, again turn into Six House Bank. It will be signposted at either junction.

PARKING
    There will be parking available at West Pinchbeck Village Hall, adjacent to the Church on Six House Bank. Marshal’s will be in attendance, please follow their instructions. PLEASE NOTE THAT A CHURCH SERVICE WILL BE ON FROM 10AM, so please be as quiet as possible, and DO NOT block the parishioners vehicles in. Parking on the roadside on Six House Bank is allowed, but not along the race route. Please give consideration to all local residents when parking and do not obstruct driveways/access. PLEASE DO NOT park behind the school on Leaveslake Drove, this area is for sole use by the football club, and Spalding Triathlon Club have not been granted access to use this area.
  • Options

Matt - there is EOD so you should be fine - just take an A4 bit of paper and pen in case they run out of numbers image

No84 - giving directions without a pub being mentioned - that must be a first in anyone's book image

• Options
    Forgive me, Minardi - I'm still in shock about that nearby pub being boarded up.
  • Options

See you all tomorrow.  Keep your fingers x'd that this wind dies down otherwise we'll be running on the spot!

• Options
    Forecast is similar temp with a bit of a decrease in windyness so that's handy. At least the course isn't completely open and surrounded by the fields...

See you there - I'm the 6ft2 fluorescent banana image
  • Options
    I haven't done this race for 4 years - I'm in tomorrow after reading this though - does anyone know how many have entered and if I'll be able to join in?
  • Options
    Can somebody turn the rain and wind off, please.