Options

Junior Apprentice

Comments

• Options
    Don MinquezDon Minquez ✭✭✭
    Dear Mr. Hall,
    Karen 'The Crook' Brady?

They're all rather annoying. Kids playing at being grown-ups. I'll keep watching just so I can have something to moan about, though.
  • Options

I quite liked beret-girl - seemed to know what she was doing evem though she was a bit pushy.  Will beinteresting to see how she copes as project manager.

One of the boys (Rees/Reece) was going very pink and looked like he'd wet himself

• Options
    CorinthianCorinthian ✭✭✭
    What an awful programme - kids this age should be out climbing trees or playing catch and kiss not acting like a bunch of boring twonks you'd move tables to get away from if they were seated next to you in a restaurant..

Baaahhh!
  • Options
    15/16 year olds?
  • Options
    CorinthianCorinthian ✭✭✭
    15/16?

I thought they were younger

They wanna start acting their age...
  • Options
    Wasn't watching but from the comments above - I think I might start image
  • Options

That's the trouble, Corinth, they think they're acting older than their age.

Frightening to think that they regard the tossers in the adult version as role models.

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    they really do look like children playing at 'grown-ups' don't they?
  • Options
    Sad but true Yeo. One of them made a comment about putting his life savings into his business.  image We could already play BS bingo with the bollox they are sprouting. L'Alan's  intro was a bit weak but I think he was firm but fair in the end. With a bit of luck, he'll smack some of the rubbish out of them.
  • Options
    Retro girl annoys me. She's definitely not a team player and seems intent on working things her way. It's almost like she wants to shine as an individual which at this stage is very poor indeed. I hope this point is made.

I don't think they're mature, in fact, I think the opposite.
  • Options

There's always one like her though Minky. At some point in the not too distant future, she'll get a slap from L'Alan, and hopefully she'll calm down and stop trying to impress so much.

This was apparently the final round of interviews:

There was a group of 12 people.

Task 1: the group had to arrange itself in order of height, then of order of shoe size, then of order of how good looking people were.

Task 2: girls team and boys team (6 in each) had to assemble flat pack furniture in 8 minutes and had a project manager.

Task 3: People were chosen at random and were given a random object to market instantly for 30 seconds. Objects were things like: empty tea bag, fingerless rubber gloves, traffic cone, lock of hair, mapbook with pages missing.

Task 4: Group of boys and girls (6 in each) had a task of theoretically opening a cafe and needing to pitch to the bank for a loan. Had 30 minutes to decide on all aspects of the seafront cafe to attract british tourists who stayed in england for the summer. All the expenses and how we were going to pay the bank back and in what space of time and what we were going to have in the cafe and how much was the food and drink and what made us stand out differently and lot more other details.

Task 5: Write an individual 45 minute essay in silence on if you were the leader of a political organisation, which laws would you change and which new ones would you make.

Task 6: Group Discussion: with all 12 people, we were given a sheets of paper with a list of 21 people on it with their sex, sexual orientation, occupation and age and they all had swine flu and we only had 5 vaccines, who would we give the 5 to?
    List consisted of peope like:

35 year old gay lawyer
    24 year old straight young nurse
    45 year old ex-thief with 10 convictions
    one month year old baby
    The prime minister
    An oxford university professor (40 years old, straight)
    An 80 year old straight war veteran
    A 30 year old gay scientist working in Life Sciences
    An award winning 32 year old black mountaineer
    Jordan
    A retired 65 year old medic
    A french priest who spoke little english
    A 6 year old child
    An entrepreneur with 10 patented products

(cant remember all of them)

Task 7: Group Discussion: Gay people should not be able to adopt. Discuss.

End of day.
    Duration: 4 Hours.
    Non-stop, no refreshments, no loo breaks.

• Options

Well that would be me out.  4 hours without loo breaks?  If you need to go you can do yourself physical damage holding it that long surely.

And whats the obsession with gays?

• Options
    Task #1 is a toughie.
  • Options
    Harder if it was size of ego though.
  • Options
    Kathy HKathy H ✭✭✭

I found JA fascinating. The bearded one was the only boy who looked 'grown-up', most of the reat looked 12 years old.

The juniors were very much like the adult apprentices; ie. they were vain, boring, arrogant, or just annoying! One girl stood out as a great seller (can't remember the name).  Unfortunately, the first boy who was 'fired' was a terrible leader and didn't listen to his team.

• Options
    Dear god, can it get any worse?
  • Options

Hardly

Can't really guess which is the crapper idea

• Options
    I doubt it. I really should stop watching it. Dat male team leader needs a slap or ten.

But I could see that sled having potential with all my tri kit - if it worked/was bigger etc.

Little guy's last pitch was much better though.
  • Options
    Think the boy's toast
  • Options
    No loss there then. She did SFA.
  • Options

She did indeed.

I got that wrong then.

• Options
    I seriously, seriousy want to give Zoe a good slap.  Spoilt, selfish, obnoxious little brat.
  • Options

True

But she'll probably win it

• Options

I can't say I've kept careful track but Zoe's worn the same outfit into the boardroom at least the last three times.

Was expecting Tim to win, guess maybe the first few tasks cost him

• Options

Well, could have saved the last however many weeks.  Had Arjan down as the winner from the first episode.

Tim really matured a lot, especially over the last few weeks

• Options
    She definitely wore that outfit yesterday.