Options

Tremendous Tantric Tarts!

Comments

• Options
    Don't worry Merc, I was joking too. :-)

why oh why is it raining??

I was really looking forward to this - RFL Hampstead 1999 was the first race I ever did... *ah* fond memories :-)

I think I'm withdrawing from Abingdone - a bridge too far! or a race too far! I'll definitely go along to support though. I had just taken the fun out of running by aiming too high.
  • Options
    hmmmmmmmmm
    SM
    Theres ages till Abingdon
  • Options
    Mrs M has done 2 RFL in Norwich , she walked it with friends from walk and I was sooooooooooooo proud of her

Thinking about it she has more finishers medals than me !!
  • Options
    i like medals, prefer them to t-shirts which never fit right.

Ok, have to motor as Old St station is closed so I'll have to leg it to Angel - warm up!!
  • Options
    good luck again Dont forget the race report

Right
    Hozzie here i come

• Options
    Happy Racing SM

dont over do it HT !
  • Options
    fat chance of that!
    see ya
  • Options
    Morning again peeps!

Everyone feeling tarty? :o)
  • Options
    Happy Sunday, early birds.

I've finished my work - now got to round up the family and pack them off to church. Some of them, anyway. Kevin and Ivor won't go. I've promised Ivor the use of the computer for the next couple of hours since Kevin was up and playing with her paedophile friends on the Pokemon forums before 7am (then I sat down beside her to edit my journal reviews and, like Little Miss Muffet, she ran away).

It's raining. But I wasn't planning to run anyway. Kevin wants to go and buy a birthday present for her friend, knows what type of garment she wants to buy, but is being unhelpful about WHERE. "Gimme a clue, Kevin, somewhere boring and respectable like Markies or Next, somewhere tatty like New Look or somewhere trendy like...well, YOU tell ME. Monsoon is over budget, and don't even let the thought of Harvey Nix flit across your little brain". Looks like I shall be dragging a slouching, sulky Kevin around Merry Hell this afternoon.
  • Options
    Ello Vrap

Ello Tart

Vrap , thanks for the advice

Presents for mates eh , what happened to the time when you could nip into Woolies and get away with a piece of tat that would end up in bits after a week or under a bed anyway
  • Options
    Ps. Don't make any drastic decisions about Abingdon yet, ScamperMouse. If you've applied, hold fire; if you haven't, see how you feel when the application deadline is approaching. It's still a long way off, and by late August you may well be thinking "hey, I can and I want to".
  • Options
    I try to give people presents that can be consumed or will self-destruct within a short time so that they're not stuck with things which I like but they might not, and the little kids' friends tend to get books or art equipment. But Kevin tells me that her friend doesn't wear jewellery or teenage slap, doesn't eat chocolate, doesn't read books, doesn't play with toys, doesn't collect anything, and is unlikely to be satisfied with a gift voucher. I know the girl in question and she's a lovely kid who I am sure would be happy with any of the above. But no - it has to be a sleeveless t-shirt.

Mercury, my kids have gone to work with me many times. I once did an entire surgery with a red hot Angelmouse sleeping on my examination couch. People wouldn't see her on the way in, but would do a double take on the way out. And the infant Kevin used to play in my room while I did Saturday morning emergency surgeries.
  • Options
    Goodness are people wearing sleevless t shirts again , I'll have to drag my Freddy Mercury one out of the wardrobe :)

Vrap , whilst I sympathise with the wifey going spare with the brats , I think it would be unfair to coop them up in an office for a 12 hour shift, plus they were asleep. I sometime think things could be much better if wifey didnt go aps**t at the drop of a hat, perhaps I'll suggest that she try the other tack with the crying and weeping ;)
  • Options
    I saw some in Topshop/Topman yesterday (in my one you have to walk through the female bit to get to the male bit, before anyone asks what I was doing in TopShop!)
  • Options
    I have not shopped for clothes for yonks , the wife does it

Saves all that hassle , and if she likes it it must be okay

• Options
    Where is everyone - I've almost finished my TMA and feel like a chat!
  • Options
    Back again, FR, but as myself.
  • Options
    And I fully agree about the kids, Mercury. It's easy for me - I'm the boss, and if the alternative is that I stick up two fingers and take the kids home, what's anyone going to do about it? They can't sack me. But I wouldn't try to pen them up in an office for 12 hours. They'd go mad - even Ivor, who can amuse himself for hours with a box of Lego and some books and paper.

I've just been mending clothes - Ivor was down to one pair of school trousers that hadn't been rendered crotchless. He now has four pairs with a line of decorative blanket-stitch under the zip. A few of Tinkerbell's school polo shirts had been in the heap for so long that she has outgrown them. Like a good conservationist, I have fixed them and they can go to the charity shop. Now all I have to do is put some buttons on Kevin's school shirts, but she's asleep in her room and she and the cat look so angelic that I don't want to disturb them by raking in the wardrobe.
  • Options
    Just got up

- so much for the bike ride - it was pi**ing down when the alarm went off, so that was my motivation out the window

Never mind its off to my mums for sunday lunch

And i may get out on the bike this evening - if i can control my mood

• Options
    It's lovely and sunny here now :-)

Enjoy your lunch, WW.

It's so quiet here that I think I'll pop off and find something useful to do.
  • Options
    Hurray I've just finisehd my fit 2 run course that came free with the GNR mag

aaaaaaaand I've even managed to do some work at work instead of esurfing !
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Merc, does your wife run? About the time my three were driving me round twist, my GP (who is a runner, was a working mum, and writes for the other mag) said, well, yes, I can prescribe you antidepressants, or you can buy a pair of trainers and meet me in the park at noon.

And there began the tale.
  • Options
    Stickless , no she's just had a hip op recently , but I know what you mean . When she was exercising to lose weight for the op she was a much happier bunny
  • Options
    OO - a partner that ran - that would be nice
  • Options
    hello all! Looks like you're all off enjoying the sunshine. All went well this morning, ran the 5k in 30mins, which given that it wasn't flat (horrible long hil at the beginning, then coast down toward the finish!!) was good, as I had to walk in the middle. Only downside is that the back has completely flared and I have pain down my right side :-( perhaps some Ibuprofen will help! :-)

V-rap and Benz - i know Abingdon's a long way off, and I think I took the grumpy GP's last words too much to heart. But if I keep it on the back burner, like you say, i can make a decision nearer the time. The problem was that I was getting all wound up about following a schedule and not having a very good time of it all. Now I'm being more rational (and less cruel to myself!!) and it's fun again :-)

right, short race report, then yoga, shower and perhaps a walk while the sun is still shining!
  • Options
    It would avoid a lot of arguments Will :o)
  • Options
    HelegantHelegant ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all, back from a half marathon and feeling virtuous at having murdered 1300 calories in one morning. Doesn't compensate for all the extras I've eaten between Londona and now, but it's a few thousand steps in the right direction. And my feet don't hurt so Trailwalk traiing must be doing something!

Partner that runs... hmm... nice thought Will.
  • Options
    sounds good Helen!

Partner that does off-road motorbiking works too - he races about every three weeks so can't complain about me being away :-)
  • Options
    Nice one Helen :o)
  • Options
    yes, well done again Helegant!

Did I tell you how good the Frames were SM?

A partner who ran? Cool!

I'm off to a barbie - ooh what shall I wear??

Afternoon Tarts!