Options

Tremendous Tantric Tarts!

Comments

• Options
    Most , no sorry ALL my art work from school went in the bin after my mum gave it too me when I got married ( suppose she thought I may frame it or something) But of course art work from school really does look a load of old elephants scrote after the exam

Often think about getting the old pencil out now and again ........
  • Options
    So you should, Mercury. Don't waste your talent.

I can't do visual art, and I don't get the point of most of other people's art unless it looks like what it's meant to be or has particularly attractive lines and colours.

Domestic? Pah! Just call me Martha...
  • Options
    so are you about to be done for insider trading then, V-rap? ;-)
  • Options
    Vrap , sadly what a spotty 17 year old calls art and what a 30 + spooty bloke calls art are two different things

At 17 I wanted to draw nidey ladies and at 30 + I , erm ..... argument fell down slightly there I feel ;)
  • Options
    Right I'm off , back tomorrow @ 11 bright and early

Get plenty of rest , you who need it!
  • Options
    If only my investment decisions had been that astute, ScamperMouse. I meant the biblical Martha, homemaking sister of Mary, who got a gentle telling-off for fussing around plumping up cushions and lighting scented tealights when she should have been sitting at the Messiah's feet listening to parables. Not that I'm one bit like that really!

I had a fantastic oil-painting of a woman in the nud which was painted for me by the girl who was to become my then boyfriend's next lover after I slithered out of his grasp. She was lovely - far too good for him. The painting was lovely too. About 3' by 5' of canvas, which I just pinned to the wall without a frame. Sadly, it evaporated between house moves when I was a hospital doctor.

• Options
    HelegantHelegant ✭✭✭
    Popping in to say hello. Have snoozed most of the afternoon, so almost recovered from exercise (ignoring what my legs say right now).

WW, I like your new pic much more than the eye.

SP, I'm planning to be at the next social in London, I like the eclectic mix of people - a good bunch.

VRap, know the problem, it's always hard finding presents for worthy folks, and my father has learned to look suitably grateful for all my efforts over the years. Fact is, there's nothing he really wants, except perhaps seeds from the T&M catalogue, and how could I even think of getting that one right.

I have more pictures than wall - the downside of downsizing :-)

Hippo, hope your snooze helped a bit. Are you tapering now?
  • Options
    not sure yet about a taper, HW
    Its not as though Ive trained properly
  • Options
    Confession - I'm flicking between here and the Debenhams website and a list of companies that sell nice bedsteads. How domestic is that? If I were midcycle, I'd blame it on nestbuilding, but midcycle has been and gone and I had an attack of PMT this morning and dealt firmly with my husband's collection of scruffy home-made videos, mostly of comedy shows and operas. Or so the labels said...
  • Options
    maybe Ill hoover tonight
    or maybe not
  • Options
    Seeds! What an inspiration! Father-in-law would love that. Mother-in-law would hate it because he'd have an excuse to spend even more time in the potting-shed. And if I got it wrong, it would be fine retribution for the ravages well-meaningly wreaked upon my own garden by father-in-law. Like putting all my leaf-mould, ripe and unripe, on a part of the garden that can't be cultivated anyway. And introducing grape hyacinths. Fortunately, when he took cuttings of ivy and planted them against the wall at the back of my house I noticed in time to get rid of them before they grew.
  • Options
  • Options
    HelegantHelegant ✭✭✭
    Are they related perchance? My father once decide to 'prune' a very old Granny Smith tree of mine. I managed to stop him after he'd removed only three branches at the trunk, there would have been nothing left. In a large old garden it provided lovely shade, was good for children to climb, and acted as a screen against the houses in the road behind, gave more apples than the school, the neighbours and I could deal with, so why did he think I wanted it 'improved'? What was worse was that he meant well...
  • Options
    HelegantHelegant ✭✭✭
    Mind you, his latest offer is useful and very sweet. He's volunteered to restack the compost heap (which isn't composting).
  • Options
    bye for now peeps
    Time for my evening ward round
    Ready meal on return:)))
  • Options
    Probably a subtle power thing, Helen.
  • Options
    I hate gardening
  • Options
    Have fun, Hippo.

I've got some letters to do. Then I'll drop them off at the surgery tomorrow before starting my day off. My husband and I plan to do a spot of shopping.
  • Options
    HelegantHelegant ✭✭✭
    Subtle? Yes, I suppose if the definition is that the two people involved know it is then it is. He's a bit clever at some of this stuff, so I choose not to play most of the time. I reckon planting ivy in your garden is a similar game.

I have bindweed, a present from previous owner :-)
  • Options
    Evening!

I have just completed a 4.5M (ish) walk with no blisters!

On top of my pretty awful R4L effort this morning at least I have "completed" 7.6M in total.

Well done Helen on 1/2, thats great.
  • Options
    HelegantHelegant ✭✭✭
    Well done RD, and your time for 5k (even a 'short' one) was pretty good. How are your feet in all your new shoes?
  • Options
    I have only been wearing one pair at a time!

Have not tried the new running ones as I only got them yesterday but I am going to use them on the treadie tomorrow - 5K again.

New Balance walking shoes appear to be brilliantly comfortable. I wore them yesterday for the first time and again today after R4L and they are good.

Considering I ran R4L in the wrong shoes (over-pronation ones = not good with orthotics to correct over-pronation!) my feet have been very well behaved.

How are yours after your 1/2 - which one was it?
  • Options
    Well done, RD.

I don't have bindweed now, but I have creeping jenny and alchemilla which a "friend" gave me - by the time I'd eradicated the creeping jenny from my own garden, it had established itself next door too and it keeps coming back. I get brambles and couch grass from both sides and ground elder and some sort of rapid-growing mint from the bottom of the garden. And self-seeded spiraeas, for which I can only blame myself.

• Options
    Off for food now - see you later!
  • Options
    HelegantHelegant ✭✭✭
    Wow, a few challenges there VRap.

RD, it was the St Albans Half, my 'local' (and a good one!)which meant I could walk from the finish straight into the gym for a quick 5 minutes cycling, then do some stretches before wandering back outside to catch Junior Wheels and wander back to their place for a cuppa. I find that walking for a while after a long run does seem to speed recovery.
  • Options
    HelegantHelegant ✭✭✭
    Right all, that's enough from me for one night - back to bed.
  • Options
    Night-night, Helen. Sweet dreams.
  • Options
    VERY tired.

Even the 5K this morning made me tired and with a walk on top I am now going to bed.

Night all

Sweet dreams.

Fi

xxxx